India Vs SriLanka: Match 2: Preview

Cricketics

Well' date=' we are playing a fairly strong SL batting line up...and if you put up a meek total (less than 270 [b']on this pitch), then what other statement do you expect!?
The pitch is irrelevant here, this is Briz. Under lights. Keep in mind that the ball swings a lot at Briz, and under lights with the humidity increasing strange things have happened. Bowling under the floodlights is ALWAYS favoured here if you have guys who can move the ball in the air, and India do. Don't forget that they beat Aus with a good total in 2004, with Balaji and Pathan constantly moving the ball under lights. Or that other swing bowlers have done remarkably well here under lights. Alan Mullally once ripped through Australia, and then you had Pedro Collins swinging it all over the place - I think Australia were something like 40-odd/5 by the time the rain came to save them. If the new ball bowlers take early wickets, even 200 can be defended. If not, the ball will still move through the night - maybe not as much. India has three bowlers who can defend this total, the problem is with the Surd Turd and D-L/dampness making them less effective.

^ Salil, Was the 2004 game when Hayden played well? Is it that game? I hope what you say comes true. The commentator at the end still said this is a 290 pitch. There are 4 key batsmen (3 key + one flamboyant = Surya, cheat-Sanga, jayawoddina + flamby Dilshan) Hope IKP can swing his banana swingers!

ok, do you want to take on a bet with me? I say India will make less than 260 and will go on to win this match ICF $1000 to you if I lose - you gimme 1000 otherwise
Bet on online. I usually dont bet, and probably want to keep this as the first and last one. But I will take this one time. ON. India win- you win 1000 else I win 1000