Ponting most influential Aussie player since Bradman: CA chief

suraj

And Faisal, Warne did that thing and CA removed him from being vice captain because they got the message that this fellow won't be good for Australia's skipper because a skipper has to be a good role model too, in Australian cricket. Ponting isn't one either, and anyone who overlooks this is only burying his/her head in sand and is in denial.
huh? So why was he made the VC in the first place?(seems to me that you don't know the history of his career)

He was made VC because of his good cricketing brain and exceptional reading of the situations. But that 2000 incident told the authorities that enough was enough with his off field antics and he was removed. What else is there in his story? Would you please reveal the things you think I don't know?

Tomorrow after a decade Michael Clarke will become the most influential player after Bradman .... The context of the statement is to be taken with a pinch of salt which I repeat is the controversy surrounding sponsorships between CA and Australian players and Sundar Raman' s IPL

He was made VC because of his good cricketing brain and exceptional reading of the situations. But that 2000 incident told the authorities that enough was enough with his off field antics and he was removed. What else is there in his story? Would you please reveal the things you think I don't know?
Both him and M Waugh were convicted match fixers. Incident happened in 1994
Guest dada_rocks

Great word is thrown little too liberaly these days.. to me his stats till 2000 when world over great bowlers were playing says he is a good batsman that's all.. Only two great batsmen played in thsi era SachiN and Lara rest are good ones.. filtered 1995-2000 38 2410 197 46.34 7 4 1/0 22.25 0 40 0 : ponting filtered 1989-2000 79 6416 217 57.28 24 19 3/10 36.15 0 55 0 : Sachin filtered 1990-2000 74 6070 375 48.56 15 0 - - 0 99 0 : Lara