Well Played MSD !!!

Dirty_South

I think it's only partly due to lack of a platform. He's played irresponsible shots in the past when we were 4 down for not many. That horrible swipe across the line against WI in Malaysia springs to mind. It's probably got just as much to do with knowing his technical limitations on pitches which arent featherbeds, and playing within them. And all credit to him, it's that sort of inner-strength and maturity which separates him from your average FTB. The captaincy's also helped in that regards. As long as he keeps seeing us home, I'm not fussed whether we win with 10 overs or one ball to spare.

I think it's only partly due to lack of a platform. He's played irresponsible shots in the past when we were 4 down for not many. That horrible swipe across the line against WI in Malaysia springs to mind. It's probably got just as much to do with knowing his technical limitations on pitches which arent featherbeds, and playing within them. And all credit to him, it's that sort of inner-strength and maturity which separates him from your average FTB. The captaincy's also helped in that regards. As long as he keeps seeing us home, I'm not fussed whether we win with 10 overs or one ball to spare.
Absolutely. 1. We are too often 4 down for nothing much, and he knows he needs to put a premium on his wicket. (Lack of platform) 2. His own technique is not well suited for non flat tracks, but he is adapting (kudos). Robin Uthappa will do well to watch how hard MSD is trying and restraining himself 3. It looks ugly when he is batting these days (he is pushing, prodding, not very elegant). But its ok. If he sees us home, then he can bat as ugly as he wants. Better than an elegant or powerful strokemaker, getting out too soon. This is why I WAS SO HAPPY yesterday!!!
Risk Free by MSD - no 4s Risk free, Risk free :yay: Finally a risk free, safe cricket for victory, Long live such type of innings! No glamor in MSD innings :two_thumbs_up: A RAHUL DRAVID like grinding innings for victory :thumbs_up: