Well Played MSD !!!

Dirty_South

I liked his innings. Usually he only has two forms of play: either attack or blockage. For the past few innings, he has been trying to look for singles. Previously, he was just content to block the ball back to the bowler for an entire over. And then the pressure built and he used to try to alleviate that pressure by going on all attack. Today's innings was a good example of how he should play. He has also found the dab shot to the leg side to look for singles. He used this very effectively in the previous game against Murali. Sri Lanka noted this and in today's match, Murali changed his angle of attack and came from over the wicket. Initially, Dhoni was in trouble against Murali as he was not able to play that dab shot on the legside. He did eventually overcome this later in the innings. Well Played Dhoni

Excellent innings, did just what was required, but I am worried. What happened to the big-hitting Dhoni would hit 4s and 6s almost at will ? Does anybody here remember his 183 against Lanka ? Or his Innings in the 5th ODI against Pakistan, when he and UV shared an awesome partnership and India chased down 294 with 4 overs to spare ? What happened to his power game ? He is still good, but not as deadly dangerous as he was before. His characteristic swagger at the crease before has now been reduced to a mildly confident gait. :((

Dhoni clearly said when asked this question in interview: "I dont have the platform when I come into bat". Without that platform, he cannot be at swagger best. This is where the Dravids, the Laxmans have helped in laying the platform for later assault from Dhoni and his types. That is missing with 60-4 scorelines being the norm :banghead: