Aren't we suffering from bouncers on both batting and bowling?

suraj

While batting our batsmen seem ill equipped- whether its VVS (in tests) or Praveen Sharma or HS and others we are giving wickets away to "surprise" bouncers. On the other hand we are not using it as a weapon in our bowling at all Shouldn't this be part of basic coaching??

Remember a bouncer on an Australian wicket' date=' with the pace, swing and accuracy of Lee is far different to what these guys receive in the subcontinent. Handling short balls wont improve until we get some quicker and livelier pitches in India.[/quote'] but they should atleast practice a lot on the nets there to compensate
Remember a bouncer on an Australian wicket' date=' with the pace, swing and accuracy of Lee is far different to what these guys receive in the subcontinent. Handling short balls wont improve until we get some quicker and livelier pitches in India.[/quote'] The main problem is the mindset of the coaches in India, who discourage Horizontal bat shots. If the players are coached at an early age with the correct technique, I guess we can see more Indian batsmen executing the pull and hook shots more effectively rather than the ugly swipes we see now. The funny thing is, I don't see most of them going back and across, but just try to play the shot on the front foot. Atleast from the 90's I haven't seen any Indian player showing the correct technique in playing the hook shot and that includes the God of Indian cricket.
The main problem is the mindset of the coaches in India' date=' who discourage Horizontal bat shots. If the players are coached at an early age with the correct technique, I guess we can see more Indian batsmen executing the pull and cut shots more effectively rather than the ugly swipes we see now. The funny thing is, I don't see most of them going back and across, but just try to play the shot on the front foot. Atleast from the 90's I haven't seen any Indian player showing the correct technique in playing the hook shot and that includes the God of Indian cricket.[/quote'] They need to hire Mohinder Amarnath on a special assignment to train the Indian batsmen in the art of pull and hook.

Jimmy Amarnath, exactly my man. But, the players have to show the willingness to learn and adapt and also grit it out. The chances of getting hit by a odd ball when playing these shots are always there. But, that should not discourage them from not discarding the shot from their armory and they should keep practising it.

Jimmy Amarnath' date=' exactly my man. But, the players have to show the willingness to learn and adapt and also grit it out. [b']The chances of getting hit by a odd ball when playing these shots are always there. But, that should not discourage them from not discarding the shot from their armory and they should keep practising it.
You mean like this: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxsRDpmjx3o]YouTube - Imran Khan : Nearly KILLS Amarnath - Pakistan v India 1977[/ame]