IPL: The Great auction thread

Feed

Guest HariSampath

I dont agree that aussies are being given handouts etc. If Aussies, SA, SL and Windies cricketers are all absent, then who is gonna watch a ranji game in India ? No one. And so how are the Indians gonna get paid millions ? no way. So, it is actually self interest of Indian players/BCCI/sponsors that is making them pay big amounts to top Aussie cricketers and other countries too. They only make this highly competitive, int'l and marketable.

I think you are an OZZ as I could see the jealousy and sarcasm in your post. Feel the heat mate we can buy your players on will as we have the money and power. Do not forget Aussies will live on Indian ruppees from now onwards therefore start learning how to respect your employer otherwise you will be out like dog from ziggy...:haha:
I don't get it with some of you Indians. I swear your lives would be better off without cricket, all it seems to do is generate anger and bitterness amongst many. You keep telling yourself whatever you want. If you say it enough, you might even get one or two others on this site to believe you.

I don't get it with some of you Indians. I swear your lives would be better off without cricket, all it seems to do is generate anger and bitterness amongst many. You keep telling yourself whatever you want. If you say it enough, you might even get one or two others on this site to believe you.
Every country have there passion like Uk with football and Australia with rugby so why people f..k about indians passion with cricket. It does not generate any anger but I can see the envy from So called white skin with too much arrogance and sheen about themselves which is of no use mate in this 21st century... So you better shut your mouth and F..k o.f

I don't get it with some of you Indians. I swear your lives would be better off without cricket' date= all it seems to do is generate anger and bitterness amongst many. You keep telling yourself whatever you want. If you say it enough, you might even get one or two others on this site to believe you.
May be you should think about it yourselves before posting irrelavant garbage like poverty line of a country.

Every country have there passion like Uk with football and Australia with rugby so why people f..k about indians passion with cricket. It does not generate any anger but I can see the envy from So called white skin with too much arrogance and sheen about themselves which is of no use mate in this 21st century... So you better shut your mouth and F..k o.f
So you admit that Indians are fanatical about cricket, yet you have no problem with your cricket board supposedly buying players from around the world? LoL, don't you see the problem here? But if that's your attitude, say goodbye to international cricket in the future, and get ready for hundreds of soulless 20/20's. It wont worry me, cricket is not my favourite sport. It is India I would be more concerned about..

May be you should think about it yourselves before posting irrelavant garbage like poverty line of a country.
I don't see how it is irrelevant. This thread was about cricketers who should apparently complain about a few hundred thousand dollars, when their annual salaries are embarrissing in proportion to their average country men. But that's the problem with sports these days. It's just one, big business.

So you admit that Indians are fanatical about cricket, yet you have no problem with your cricket board supposedly buying players from around the world? LoL, don't you see the problem here? But if that's your attitude, say goodbye to international cricket in the future, and get ready for hundreds of soulless 20/20's. It wont worry me, cricket is not my favourite sport. It is India I would be more concerned about..
Listen dude if the problem is in our household we are mature and smart enough to not wash the dirty linen outside. We never protested that why they are buying foriegn players I think it's good for the game and people talk about this so called the history of the game well I would say it's no more gentleman's game then why the hell we are still sitting on that old rock and keep trying the same old stuff. No it's business now and people enjoy the game and ready to put the money and let me tell you you don't have to be concerned about India as we are going to beat the aussies and have already started the process:hysterical:

I don't see how it is irrelevant. This thread was about cricketers who should apparently complain about a few hundred thousand dollars, when their annual salaries are embarrissing in proportion to their average country men. But that's the problem with sports these days. It's just one, big business.
it is all about fair value and comparison to peers, not about the poverty line of a country or average salaries in the country for other unrelated professions.

No it's business now and people enjoy the game and ready to put the money and let me tell you you don't have to be concerned about India as we are going to beat the aussies and have already started the process:hysterical:
You've already started the process? About time, why now though, why not 20 years ago? Anyway its been said many times before. Nothing new there. You just don't seem to get the point here. If India can buy players from other countries as they like, as you claim, what type of victory over these countries would it be on the field, then? Rather hollow, I would suggest. But i'm sure Indians would take any win over the Australans they can get.

Guest HariSampath
Obviously you dont know much about India. Cricket is followed only by those who can afford it and have the time, and even here only among those who are interested. All this hype of "1 billion fans"..is sheer nonsense, and cricket probably has a following among a maximum of 150 million people and even among this following more than half follow the games only during world cups, high volatile contests etc. 9 out of 10 Indians do not recognise the name of Sachin Tendulkar, which is not surprising as 860 million people spend Rs 20 or lesser per day and obviously dont give a damn whether Tendulkar scores runs or India wins a match.....and RIGHTLY so in my opinion. Cricket is a game for the idle rich, or the rich when they are idle and only a very small microscopic minority of Indians follow the game as something central to their lives.

They should definitely protest. It doesn't matter if 27% of Indians are living below the poverty line, these cricketers need more money! I mean, one million or so dollars for a few weeks work. Talk about a rip off!
This is one of the most disgusting posts I have read. It is so patronising and sarcastic. What has the poverty line got to do with the cricketers and the money they get. Individual Indians are allowed to earn as much money as they want or are you sayiing that indians are not allowed to earn money. Dont see any of your spaortsman turning down money to give to the aboroginies and the appaling stansards of living they have. You sound like a hypocrite. Your boys are begging at the feet of us indians for any scraps they can get. We can buy anyone of your players. And dont worry soon we will buying any decent companies you have as well. Its a new world order pal get used to it!:isalute: