State your allegiance

Gambit

State your allegiance  

1. 1.

Very smart answer. :D
That was a serious answer Sriram :(( I have actually had the good fortune of meeting Paes but what I remember more is my meeting his Dad Dr. Vace Paes. Dr. Paes was the man who did my Medical Examinations(in Calcutta) when I was about to join TCS. I remember walking into his room and he so politely introduced himself as - Hello I am Dr. Paes, I shall be doing your Medical. Now what are the odds of someone with surname Paes? So I asked him - Are you the Dr. Paes? And he said with a smile - Yes I am, father of Leander. Few would know that Vace Paes was a fantastic hockey player in his own right and was the goalkeeper when India won bronze in 1972 Olympics. I was aware of this mainly due to my Dad's love for hockey and so I told him - No I meant arent you a bronze medalist in your own right? He was so taken aback and warmed up to me instantly. It was so amazing to listen to him talk about hockey, then and now. A meeting I shall never forget. xxx

Aaah.. Very nice Anecdote there Lurks. :two_thumbs_up: But lets be honest, I have spoken to a world-cup winning, former Indian cricket team captain and actually put him on hold, while i fumbled around leisurely for a pen ! :D Who can beat that ?

But lets be honest, I have spoken to a world-cup winning, former Indian cricket team captain and actually put him on hold, while i fumbled around leisurely for a pen ! :D Who can beat that ?
lol. Not me! That is such a nice story to tell your kids/grandkids! But what would be funnier is Junior Sriram walking around with a - My Appa spoke to Indian captain and kept him on hold :hysterical:

lol. Not me! That is such a nice story to tell your kids/grandkids! But what would be funnier is Junior Sriram walking around with a - My Appa spoke to Indian captain and kept him on hold :hysterical:
:haha::haha: Of course, I wish I do something substantial enough in my life for my kids to proud of that achievement, rather than go flaunting around that their "Dad put a former India captain on hold over phone". :D

Guest HariSampath
:haha::haha: Of course, I wish I do something substantial enough in my life for my kids to proud of that achievement, rather than go flaunting around that their "Dad put a former India captain on hold over phone". :D
How about " Dad put a current Indian captain on hold".....u wanna talk to both the current Indian captains ?? head homewards for a month , I will have box seats for you for Chennai games :D :two_thumbs_up:

How about " Dad put a current Indian captain on hold".....u wanna talk to both the current Indian captains ?? head homewards for a month ' date=' I will have box seats for you for Chennai games :D :two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] Hari , since you know few players personally I might ask you a question that I have always wanted to get answered 1. Is there any match fixing going on 2. Who were the main culprits when the matches were getting fixed 3. Are the selectors taking $ to play the youngsters

Guest HariSampath
Who bought Agarkar? :D
No one bought him...he was part of the deal for anyone buying Ishant Sharma had to take Agarkar to balance the deal

Hari , since you know few players personally I might ask you a question that I have always wanted to get answered 1. Is there any match fixing going on 2. Who were the main culprits when the matches were getting fixed 3. Are the selectors taking $ to play the youngsters
Hari , why did u ignore my post :((

which IPL franchise will u be supporting in the IPL lets see where everyones loyalty lies by this poll. this can give us a better idea as to who all r supporting which team. and this poll is about voting for the team u r going to support in the ipl