Indias current ODI team...boring!

Rohan495

Very boring side compare to years ago....I use to love those days when Laxman was sublime as ever. Dravid was solid as ever. Tendulkar was a masterpiece. Dhoni was as swashbuckling as ever. and Sehwag as smashing as ever. and of course Ganguly the spinner killer, really miss it. These new guys have years to go

you guys are just whinners who will just cry over past.. no wonder why, ek taang past ek future main tabhi tum log present par mootte ho...... tell me what did these crappy players like laxman, dravid do in ODIs... these players are freaking boring and even if they make century, u will still never be in match winning position.. so stop crying over past and look upto present.. we got agressiveness, great fielding which we never had in past...

i think its unfair to term dravid as a crappy ODI player. He was the best finisher that we ever had in ODIs. Dhoni is doing a good job, but still has a few more years of the same stuff to reach Dravid's level. He did score over 10,000 ODI runs at an average of 40. Not everyone needs to be aggressive to be considered a good ODI player.

this is the most interesting odi team which we have ever had. amazing fielding. no slow movers in the field now with players like ganguly and co out. best bowling attack in the world with ishant and co and keeping aus down to <210 in the 2 completed games till now. we never had any fielding & bowling earlier. although batting might not be that strong, but give these guys sometime and the batting will also be back to its best once rohit sharma & uthappa start to fire. and players like dhoni, gambhir & yuvraj will have more support

you guys are just whinners who will just cry over past.. no wonder why' date=' ek taang past ek future main tabhi tum log present par mootte ho...... tell me what did these crappy players like laxman, dravid do in ODIs... these players are freaking boring and even if they make century, u will still never be in match winning position.. so stop crying over past and look upto present.. we got agressiveness, great fielding which we never had in past...[/quote'] And how many extra runs do we get for aggresiveness? The present also requires players like dravid (Note: I'm saying not dravid himself, but like) who can play dual roles when required. Yuvraj/Uthappa would die if you asked them to score at 4RPO for 20 overs.
And how many extra runs do we get for aggresiveness? The present also requires players like dravid (Note: I'm saying not dravid himself' date=' but like) who can play dual roles when required. Yuvraj/Uthappa would die if you asked them to score at 4RPO for 20 overs.[/quote'] dhoni is a player from the current team who can adjust himself to any requirement and play dual roles
dhoni is a player from the current team who can adjust himself to any requirement and play dual roles
Short term memory. Dhoni has done well in recent history (past 6 months). Prior to that, for every instance of being a versatile player I can show you one instance of him struggling to play on a slightly difficult pitch or not being able to rise to the occasion. I don't want to make the mistake of considering Dhoni as a Bevan/Waugh/Ponting. He's a Gilly and that's all I ask of him.

it was a dream team, the most delighting to watch, abt which rohan is talking abt but the new generation is too bad, in fact not boring in any aspect gambhir coming down the track is like ganguly coming down and hitting for a six sachin is still there, dhoni not playing as his early days, but still is doing it all for his team, batting through pressure situations with ease, a art which dravid has come suresh raina and he will bring elegance like that of out very very special laxman, rohit and yuvraj are the elements of spice, can turn the games around in our favour

Short term memory. Dhoni has done well in recent history (past 6 months). Prior to that' date=' for every instance of being a versatile player I can show you one instance of him struggling to play on a slightly difficult pitch or not being able to rise to the occasion. I don't want to make the mistake of considering Dhoni as a Bevan/Waugh/Ponting. He's a Gilly and that's all I ask of him.[/quote'] dhoni has done well before the last 6 months as well, against eng in eng & against sa in sa he did well. and even in tough situations, dhoni changes his game and delivers and has shown that he can adjust to any requirement, be it scoring at 3 rpo or 10 rpo