Tendulkar's batting exploits while chasing a big total in 2nd Inn

fineleg

Good going Tendulkar...shut these critics up in the upcoming finals. Just like you did during the England tour and the Test series that just passed in Australia with an average of 80!!
Right, just coz he scores in the finals while chasing (if he does), then it proves everything else listed in stats is wrong. Brilliant.
His record when chasing is remarkable. Like Gambit already mentioned, he has 16 50+ scores chasing totals over 275+.
Kumble_Rocks, Two questions 1. How many of these 16 scores has resulted in an Indian win? 2. How many of these are the SRT of recent years? Point is he is a different SRT now!
And chew this , cricinfo stats tells me that his chasing record is Out of 216 innings he has aggregated 7701 at a healthy average 42.42 and yes 13 out of 15 times, when Sachin scores a century ,India has actually won !
Why talk about his entire career? Over a career he has indeed done very well batting first, and reasonably well chasing. No issues there. He *is* letting us down in recent past while chasing, and you folks just dont wanna accept ANYTHING NEGATIVE abt the Lord!!! EVEN IN THE PAST (which you want to refer to), have you forgotten WC03 Finals? Clutch time, pressure time?
Kumble_Rocks, Two questions 1. How many of these 16 scores has resulted in an Indian win?
How much can a man do for a team ? Not every player is a bradman are they ? This particular point that you choose to debate is just senseless.
So what do you make of this bullsh it now ? When we chase these big scorez atleast' date= Tendulkar shud not open...he plain strugglez and suckz when he openz during big chases!!!" Do you still believe it ?
Tirades like these are signs of a moronic coward who feels online identities give him god-like powers very shameful post
Most of ICFers vs Fineleg ? bahut naa insaafi hain :cantstop: finey, give your concerns about team india a rest for a while, all will be good then :)
Blue brigade, The part abt of "Most of ICFers" ganging up on me is true, because majority of ICF-ers go totally gaga over SRT. Read the Introuductions thread (and the old intro thread which got deleted and not available anymore) and you can see it. Many ICF-ers refuse to hear anything negative abt Tendulkar, and some can get nasty abt people who criticise SRT. Each online forum has their God against which 'Thou shalt not speak anything negative'. It varies depending on the forum, but still there is some cricketer who is untouchable in every forum, I learn. Be it SG or SRT or RD or whoever For this forum, the God = SRT :pray:

And blue brigade, as long as I accept to just praise Tendulkar, then as you say, "All will be good, then". True. That will be an easy route to take, rather than cop all the abuse that Tendulkar fans will throw at me. But, I am typically the type who does not want to be restricted in expressing my point of view just coz others disagree. If I should just "go with the flow" and "nod my head to whatever others say", then thats not me. I have opinions, and I state them.

Blue brigade, The part abt of "Most of ICFers" ganging up on me is true, because majority of ICF-ers go totally gaga over SRT.
Not really. If you think thats the main reason, then you're only trying to fool yourself. The main reason is the negative bullcrap that you keep on posting without common sense. I dont think I've seen a single thread by you where someone or the other isnt irritated by the negativity you spread. As for the "I have opinions, I state them".. yeah right. You are a attention seeker, and a contrarian, much like CC. The only difference is CC gives valid sensible arguments and states facts, while you dont.
Not really. If you think thats the main reason, then you're only trying to fool yourself. The main reason is the negative bullcrap that you keep on posting without common sense. I dont think I've seen a single thread by you where someone or the other isnt irritated by the negativity you spread. .
So, holy, let me try to rephrase, and tell me if my interpretation is wrong. Lets take a hypothetical example - say Indian team badly loses two ODIs consecutively. This is the hypothetical situation - not just lose, but badly loses. 1. Now, someone starts a thread saying "No problem. We will beat the opponents next match. Tendu will fire, XYZ will spew fire etc". There are no issues with that thread? becos it is "positive" and "says India will win next match" etc? 2. Instead, someone starts a thread saying "OMG! We have lost badly, and looks like we are going to get walloped this series". That is a problem!? Do you consider that #2 above extrapolates the situation more realistically perhaps? You may differ, but then that is your individual opinion/hope on the team etc etc.
So, holy, let me try to rephrase, and tell me if my interpretation is wrong. Lets take a hypothetical example - say Indian team badly loses two ODIs consecutively. This is the hypothetical situation - not just lose, but badly loses. 1. Now, someone starts a thread saying "No problem. We will beat the opponents next match. Tendu will fire, XYZ will spew fire etc". There are no issues with that thread? becos it is "positive" and "says India will win next match" etc? 2. Instead, someone starts a thread saying "OMG! We have lost badly, and looks like we are going to get walloped this series". That is a problem!? Do you consider that #2 above extrapolates the situation more realistically perhaps? You may differ, but then that is your individual opinion/hope on the team etc etc.
Finey, If I manage to show that the what you are doing isnt right, will you stop opening " We played worse" threads ? If you are REALLY interested in being a constructive forum member, you will probably accept this offer. But if you are here just to piss people off, you will probably reject my offer. The choice is yours.

I am willing to see what your point of view is. We can discuss. But I'm not commiting to agreeing to do whatever you think is right. I will form my own opinion once we have an open discussion. MM - pls. email me (u have it, and i'll get back to you on your commentz). If it is truly to give constructive feedback, lets take it offline. Since I dont think it is necessary for us to debate with each and every member jumping in with their 2000 cents.

I am willing to see what your point of view is. We can discuss. But I'm not commiting to agreeing to do whatever you think is right. I will form my own opinion once we have an open discussion. MM - pls. email me (u have it, and i'll get back to you on your commentz). If it is truly to give constructive feedback, lets take it offline. Since I dont think it is necessary for us to debate with each and every member jumping in with their 2000 cents.
Fair enough. :thumbs_up:
@Gambit: No particular bias against Tendulkar. The criticism was only because he was falling short of what he is expected to deliver. Other than that' date=' there is no bias, and as I've stated before I do like Tendulkar (have liked him in the past, and like him even now....he is a [b']much much much different case than Ganguly who has personality issues, cunning tactics issues against own players etc - thats another topic, not gonna debate that here). Does not mean, he is beyond criticism however. In Tendulkar's case, the criticism is solely based on performing or not. As a person, he is a great guy afaik.
Once again, you're making statements without any proof or anything, just your own ideology and bias.
Why do we need to go to hypothetical examples when we have real ones? #1. Sydney, where SRT shepherded the tail, and got a big chunk of runs from the tail, following a strategy which even brett lee praised in hindsight, you come up with a theory from your a$$ that SRT is selfish and he is playing that way just to stay not out :hysterical:. Never mind that the strategy worked, we ended up getting many more runs than we expected.. all that matters is that SRT is selfish, isnt it.. I am not even gonna get into the "I hope he gets injured" part... #2. Perth test. Fantastic win. Everyone's happy, celebrating. You come up with a thread critisizing the team for not bowling well when #10 and #11 were batting. :haha: #3. India wins a home series against pakistan. After 20 years. What do you do? You open a thread titled "What are the problems we found in this series?" The best part was, you werent even kidding when you did this..
Why do we need to go to hypothetical examples when we have real ones? #1. Sydney, where SRT shepherded the tail, and got a big chunk of runs from the tail, following a strategy which even brett lee praised in hindsight, you come up with a theory from your a$$ that SRT is selfish and he is playing that way just to stay not out :hysterical:. Never mind that the strategy worked, we ended up getting many more runs than we expected.. all that matters is that SRT is selfish, isnt it.. I am not even gonna get into the "I hope he gets injured" part... #2. Perth test. Fantastic win. Everyone's happy, celebrating. You come up with a thread critisizing the team for not bowling well when #10 and #11 were batting. :haha: #3. India wins a home series against pakistan. After 20 years. What do you do? You open a thread titled "What are the problems we found in this series?" The best part was, you werent even kidding when you did this..
You're missing the point. FL is so knowledgeable that he/she can brand players as politicans or selfish or useless or cra.p or anything he/she wants, we poor worshippers won't understand such high level of thinking out of the mind.

Lets take the situations u pointed out:

Why do we need to go to hypothetical examples when we have real ones? #1. Sydney, where SRT shepherded the tail, and got a big chunk of runs from the tail, following a strategy which even brett lee praised in hindsight, you come up with a theory from your a$$ that SRT is selfish and he is playing that way just to stay not out :hysterical:. Never mind that the strategy worked, we ended up getting many more runs than we expected.. all that matters is that SRT is selfish, isnt it.. I am not even gonna get into the "I hope he gets injured" part...
Holy, Did you know that the tail was gonna score runs that day? Do you think if SRT does the same thing on another day, its gonna work? True, this decision of SRT worked out that day. But, dont u acknowledge that exposing tail like that is bound to fail more often than not? Do you agree with that? Wasn't it a wrong strategy (even though it worked out well that particular day)?
#2. Perth test. Fantastic win. Everyone's happy, celebrating. You come up with a thread critisizing the team for not bowling well when #10 and #11 were batting.
Incorrect. I posted congratulatory note on the thread that was praising the team. Independent of that I was analyzing the bowling to #10 and #11 So, I did congratulate on the win, but had a separate thread to analyze the bowling. Whats wrong in that? We win, we should not look at "areas to improve", is it? Tell me, whats wrong with that?
#3. India wins a home series against pakistan. After 20 years. What do you do? You open a thread titled "What are the problems we found in this series?"
Again, I did congratulate the team on the series win. We are touring Aus after Pak, and Aus is a tougher opponent, so I wanted to know the negatives in the series which the team needs to tighten up. We cannot expect to play with Aus, the same way as with Pak and expect to win. Pak will make mistakes that Aus wont. Thats why. Again, tell me why is this wrong!?
Lets take the situations u pointed out: Holy, Did you know that the tail was gonna score runs that day? Do you think if SRT does the same thing on another day, its gonna work? True, this decision of SRT worked out that day. But, dont u acknowledge that exposing tail like that is bound to fail more often than not? Do you agree with that? Wasn't it a wrong strategy (even though it worked out well that particular day)?
No. It wasnt a wrong strategy. We've had discussions regarding this. Forgot the Steve Waugh/McGrath, Gillespie discussions? Just because you dont agree with the strategy doesnt mean its wrong. Didnt you see? that our tail is reasonably strong now? Harbhajan scored another 50 in the same test series, heck even in the last game against Aus, the game wasnt over till harbhajan got out. Kumble has a test 100. RP singh has also improved his batting considerably. I dont agree its a wrong strategy.