Saint Gilly is a cheat

I am sick of people potraying this guy as upholding the spirit of the game and being a great sportsman. So what he declares he walks, many other walk but dont make a song and dance about it. He is a hypocrite as he appeals for absolutley everything as a keeper even when clearly not out. Out of all the keepers in world cricket he is the biggest cheat at this. And his face when not getting the decision for these and then complaining/manipulating to umpires when they are not given out is a disgrace. He is the worst culprit at this among keepers in world cricket today. Great player but as big a cheat as they get in appealing when batters are not out!

No I wouldn't say Gilchrist is a cheat. I have no problems with players appealing for everything. its up to the umpires to get the decisions right. The Indian team do the same thing. I have no problem with players not walking, as well as appealing for everything. The players word should not be taken. Its up to the umpires. Thats what they are their for.

Really!!! Appealing ridiclously when clearly not out and then complaing to umpires about it! Cant believe he is never hauled up to match referee for over appealing and dissent when not given
There is no way of proving that he knows that the batsman is not out. He can always come up with an excuse, as for the referees not fining him, I have already said that the Aussies get away with lot of things, the refrees seem to be biased.

wouldn't say he's a cheat but a definite attention seeker. Notice how he walked AFTER the umpire shook his head no in the WC 2003 semi final. If you know you nicked it, walk man! Don't stand there trying to make the umpire look like an idiot. He's done this plenty of time in his career..waited until the umpire's decision, then walk to show him up.

wouldn't say he's a cheat but a definite attention seeker. Notice how he walked AFTER the umpire shook his head no in the WC 2003 semi final. If you know you nicked it, walk man! Don't stand there trying to make the umpire look like an idiot. He's done this plenty of time in his career..waited until the umpire's decision, then walk to show him up.
this is absolutely priceless :hysterical: gilly walks to show up the umpires :haha: including a world cup semi final.. gee.. what will they come up with next ?
Wash your mouth out' date=' dsr !! That's clear cut abuse.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical:Classic aussie behaviour. Proves my point and many other posters point. The aussies are happy to dish it out but as soon as they get some of the same they cry like babies and go running to the officials to tell tales:hysterical::hysterical:
It's really only clowns like you and the topic starter who talk 'sainthood' about Gilly.
It is because of the condescending things he said about everyone else who doesn't "walk" except of course his beacons of morality in the form of his team mates. And apparently he tries to be honest only when batting, his appealing and subsequent acting is something different.