Harbhajan called "obnoxious little weed"

Feed

Yeah, i am sure you have. But given that your country has the highest rate of skin cancer in the world, the highest rate of freckled skin and sunblock usage, we all know just how much you Aussies love your skies. Without your sunblock, more than half of your nation would be sitting inside your caves, living out lives like vampires who only venture out in the day hidden deep under their cowls.
Funny thing is, Australia's life expectancy at birth is still on average 11 years more than Indias! :dance::dance:
So what? Australians are called convicts, monkeys and uncivilized by just about all on this site. Yet you feel the need to highlight my point. Typical.
1. Many have personally complained about the usage of the word 'convict' here and people have been banned for not listening. But i wouldn't expect a newbie to know. 2. Yes, you lot are uncivilized by and large, sorry i don't see any point in not saying it- that is how i percieve Aussies by and large, though there are the occasional examples of people i'd consider human enough to interact with from your part of the world. 3. Monkey is not a racist word in India. You are in Indian fansite, what is or is not allowed here is dictated by OUR culture's norms, not YOURS. People here call each other monkeys-not in racist terms as prevalent in your part of the world but in other context. And i suggest you, a simpleton from a nation of 20million folks, don't go down the path of trying to impose your cultural values on us, a bunch of 4000 odd people strewn across the globe, most with allegience to a nation of 1+ billion people. Not the kind of battle you lot have a snowball's chance in hell of winning.
You sure have some pretty major issues to deal with. :haha:
Game, set and match, champ. You have nothing more to say except copouts like 'you have major issues'. Such words, even 5 year olds can type in counter to anything. *clap clap clap*.
Funny thing is, Australia's life expectancy at birth is still on average 11 years more than Indias!
And that has something to do with the point i made, eh ? Your higher life expectancy is due to better medical care and better nutritition average over the populace. It still doesn't change the fact that without your precious sunblock, more than half of your nation would just peel away and crack-up like grotesque vampire dolls of hollywood folklore. Don't you think its interesting that vampire legends and myths are mostly from white countries and that white folks themselves are closest things to vampires amongst our species ? Think about it, its true!
Ok ... so Kerry O'Keefe was there' date=' so from the context, it is pretty clear he didnt mean it in a derogatory fashion. Unlike in the Hayden case. If Ishant Sharma was there, then it would be a different story. But in this case, the 2 of them are clearly not friends, so if its someone you don't like, I find it very hard to believe that immitating their accent is not meant in a derogatory fashion.[/quote'] This is what India's reputed journoes are asking: Was it just sledging or much more? Kadambari Murali, Hindustan Times February 28, 2008 First Published: 03:01 IST(28/2/2008) Last Updated: 03:07 IST(28/2/2008) Why did Hayden do it? If you hear Matthew Hayden talking on The Cage, a breakfast show on Brisbane’s Triple M radio station (if you haven’t, hear it on http://www.triplem.com. au/brisbane/sport/haydenspray.html), you’re bound to get really ticked off. Not because Hayden (now infamously) called Harbhajan Singh an ‘obnoxious weed’ but because there will now be more reaction and overreaction and it’s all so darn unnecessary. So why did Hayden do it? The Australian opener is no child or a wet-behind-the-ears rookie. At 36, he’s one of the game’s most accomplished batsmen, with 15 years of international cricket behind him. The radio show he chattered away on apparently has a reputation for being saucy and provocative, but unless the podcast that’s online has been edited, there is no indication that Hayden was provoked beyond reason by the RJs. In any case, he is a seasoned campaigner and shouldn’t have gotten provoked even if he was needled. So why did Hayden do it? There are two ways of looking at this whole situation. On the one hand, you can try and ignore the clamour and say, “this is endless, let’s concentrate on the cricket and push away the rest of the toshâ€. Deliberate ploy against India? On the other hand, even though the atmosphere of attrition between India and Australia is highly wearying, it is impossible to separate the cricket from the rather messy imbroglios that are constantly exploding onto centrestage. Again, because logically, they seem stage-managed, deliberate ploys to have the Indians so riled that they forget to play even whatever little sessions of good cricket they come up with now and then. There was no earthly reason for a smart, experienced player like Hayden to make obnoxious comments on public radio about an Indian player or make fun of another. If you hear the show, you’ll hear him trying to mimic Ishant Sharma’s accent and manner of speaking and given the current atmosphere, that isn’t fun and games, it’s racial. Period. It’s all very well for Cricket Australia to tell this newspaper that any other charge was never laid against Hayden, only that of making “detrimental public comment†but there’s no reason why they shouldn’t take note of this. It is serious nonsense. There is no way Hayden or anyone else could have believed that his comments would stay in the Queensland area and not be broadcast to the world and its mother. That he did still make immature, insensitive remarks indicates that he/they thought it would help their cause in some way. It’s cricket not war Post the Sydney controversy, there was talk about how Australians say it as it is (or as they see it) and about Hayden and Symonds being prime examples of big, strong Aussie men who give as good as they get. But this is cricket, not war. Nor some barbaric I-beat-you-and-thump-my-chest ritual that we need to be subjected to ever so often. It is high time it was stopped. Harbhajan himself is no angel. Far from it. Neither are the other young Indian players, most of who are reflective of a brazen new generation of young and restless Indians, blatantly seduced by the concept of what they believe is ‘India Shining’, and quite happy to rub everyone else’s faces in it. They are as unused to words like “restraint†and “control†as the Aussies clearly are. At the same time, for the past couple of months or so, these young Indians have kept their calm for the most and generally behaved with rare grace. When they have chattered, it’s mostly been reaction, not provocation and that too, sparingly. As tough as it might be, it would serve them well to try and keep their emotions on a tight leash for the moment and channel all that angry energy into their cricket. Australia are the better team and by far the most consistent. India will need all their wits about them when they play them in the tri-series finals beginning Sunday. Sometimes, when you’re provoked, it’s better to let your bat do the talking.
Vampires? LoL, what the hell are you talking about? I bet you know more about vampires
Vampires = pale as f*ck, can't stand the sun without burning up. White folks = pale as f*ck, can't stand the sun without burning up for the VAST MAJORITY. Still don't see the similarity, eh ? NO other group burns as badly as you lot do- not the eskimos or even the extremely fair chinese/japanese folks (who tend to be whiter than Europeans sometimes, but with pigment, not pale as hell). Given that vampire mythology is native to your white culture, i find it interesting- perhaps even a form of subliminal self-hatred,rejection of one's own skin (and to be honest, i would be pretty pissed too, if i had skin like half you Aussies- burn up in the sun, crack and freckle like more than anyone else's etc). Your thoughts ?
1. Country built mostly by Britishers, not Aussies. It is British money that founded the very cities you live in 2. 20 million people in a country half the size of Europe, no boundaries with anyone, zillions of miles away from any naval power of note, enough mineral resources to make even Russia goggle and no hard choices made for the sake of integration- natives just efficiently exterminated to a tiny fraction of their original population and extent. No experiencing loss through genocide, invasions or semi-slavery. Pffft. Show me a country who's done worse given so many fundamental advantages. .
How about most of South America? Anyway this is a pointless argument that is as boring for me to write about as it is for others to read, and not to mention it 's way ot. My advice is to chill out, relax and put away the anger. We have some good cricket coming up.

Vampires? LoL, you have really lost the plot now, haven't you? And so what, for those that need to wear sunscreen, they take the extra 30 seconds it takes to put it on. No big deal. You seem to have a real problem with skin color. That is unfortunate for you. I can only hope that in the future, you will learn to be more tolerant. You are only holding yourself back.

How about most of South America?
South America didn't just liquidate their native population- they interbred, they found ways to co-exist and deal with the hardships that throws up. besides, South America has helluva lot more than just 20 million people and far less mineral resources that are the manna of industrial revolution.
And so what, for those that need to wear sunscreen, they take the extra 30 seconds it takes to put it on. No big deal.
yeah, but what happens when there is no sunscreen ? What happens when you are in the middle of the bush and you forgot it or supply runs out ? what happens if your nation tomorrow collapsed for whatever economic reason and sunscreen became worth 100 bucks a tube ? Its Vampire time!
I can only hope that in the future, you will learn to be mroe tolerant. You are only holding yourself back.
Mate, my girlfriend is white- they've all been white girls for the most part and if i were to settle down, it'd most likely be white chicks. Skin color does not matter to me but at the same time, make no mistake- i DO consider white skin to be lesser. And with good reason. Indians or Arabs, Chinese, blacks, etc. don't just turn beet red and burn up in the sun- white people do. White folks have by far the biggest problem with skin blemishing, like pimples and freckles. Can you give me one good reason why i should consider white skin to be just as good as non-white skin , except for the sake of political correctness ? I am GLAD i am not white skinned- and nothing drove home the point more emphatically than visiting a beach in Sydney : seeing the plethora of white people who were lathering themselves up in sunblock before leaving the shade of their beach-umbrellas or their cars made me realize how LUCKY i am to not be white and be saddled with such a burden. Born free, under the sun - it is such a liberating feeling that i feel sad very few white people will ever truely realize.

LOL!! "What happens if your in the middle of the bush and your sunscreen runs out." :haha: I think that is the funniest thing I have read on this site. But jokes aside, please stop, you are only embarrising yourself with this talk of vampires, sunscreen and economic collapse. I think I will resort to your level when I say: You got OWNED. Just like team India.

The labelling of Australians as convicts is actually quite humorous to an Aussie. I'm sure that even any Indian would know that the convict pages of Australian history ended nearly 200 years ago. The percentage of Australians that are actually convict ancestors today is very small, even among cricketers :haha:. I can only assume therefore that the use of the term is designed to be racially offensive, however it's almost a term of endearment over here, so offensive it is not. If you wish to vilify then that's not the right word to use.
well...forget the 200 years convict shet....it is the same blood in most of the aussis...:haha:
who cares. Fack hayden and his verbal diarrhea. let's win the CB Series.
This is the point, the whole point. We all want India to win but its very difficult to win when umpires and match referees are bias against you. We would have won the test series and drew in last tour of 2004 if not for umpires. Thats why we cant shut up until there is change. We must continue the protest!

Gilchrist springs to Hayden's defence Australia wicketkeeper Adam Gilchrist has defended his team mate Matthew Hayden against allegations about his unpopularity among fellow international cricketers. More... February 28 2008 at 09:27AM Australia wicketkeeper Adam Gilchrist defended his team mate Matthew Hayden on Thursday against allegations about his unpopularity among fellow international cricketers. Hayden was reprimanded on Wednesday for describing India's Harbhajan Singh as an "obnoxious weed", the spinner fighting back by suggesting that Hayden was not well liked by many opponents. "I've not ever cared to think what other teams think of Matthew Hayden," Gilchrist told reporters. "He's one of the most well-respected people in our team, so that's all that interests me." Australia play India in the best-of-three finals of the Tri-Series, starting in Sydney on Sunday. "When you start to play on emotion, that's when you don't play well," Gilchrist said. "You've got to play on skill."

Hayden must be very unhappy he's not making as much as he expected in the IPL auction. He must be thinking about creating a controversy hoping his stakes will go up like Symonds did. Otherwise I can't understand why this outburst out of the blue. I think the Aussie players always have a motive behind their every move. Either that or Hayden must have been paid good money for that interview. The Aussies players are very greedy and do anything for some quick bucks.

Hayden must be very unhappy he's not making as much as he expected in the IPL auction. He must be thinking about creating a controversy hoping his stakes will go up like Symonds did. Otherwise I can't understand why this outburst out of the blue. I think the Aussie players always have a motive behind their every move. Either that or Hayden must have been paid good money for that interview. The Aussies players are very greedy and do anything for some quick bucks.
Absolutely!
Neither ICC nor BCCI can hurt the Aussies. The only one who can hurt the Aussies now are the 11 Indian men who are going to play the finals. Just beat those arrogant aussies and we will mock them all the way' date=' we will give them our own abasing comments that these aussies will go back to their mothers womb crying![/quote'] :two_thumbs_up: well said brother! They must must must be crushed in all aspects of cricket + sledging in unnoticed manner as they are used to.
That's not true. My girlfriend is from India. :haha: Food for thought though is that Australia with it's history of convict colonisation has progressed to be one of the nicest and most civilised places plaes to live in. You should come here for a holiday and see for yourself. There are many Indians living here too and none that I know personally would ever want to go home. These remarks are not meant to be demeaning to Indians but merely aimed at pointing out that this bunch of so called convict low lifes have been responsible for building a very fine and prosperous society and a country that is the envy of almost every other. If that's what being a convict is all about then yes it's great to be a convict. How does it feel to be beaten by a team of convicts? :haha:
I was racially abused when I was in Australia.:devil_smile: Regarding beaten by a team of convicts ,ask Botham:yay: We people are fond of cricket but never like big mouths .

Australian cricketers still irked Australian players are annoyed with CA for reprimanding Matthew Hayden for his comments on Harbhajan Singh as they feel their board has not backed the team. More... Melbourne, February 28, 2008 First Published: 15:53 IST(28/2/2008) Last Updated: 16:14 IST(28/2/2008) Australian players are annoyed with Cricket Australia (CA) for reprimanding Matthew Hayden for his comments on Harbhajan Singh as they feel their board has not backed the team during the escalating tensions with India this summer, according to a media report in Melbourne on Thursday. "They (players) are annoyed that CA continues to kowtow to a constantly threatening and whining Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) despite India maintaining its reputation as the worst behaved team in the world," according to a report in The Australian. Frustrated Australian players are already angry at what they believe has been a lack of support for Andrew Symonds and Ricky Ponting, in particular, when CA moved to downgrade a racial abuse charge against Harbhajan last month, the report added. Symonds made his feelings clear during an interview during Tuesday night's Allan Border Medal dinner. "It's something you wouldn't wish on anyone," Symonds said of the racial abuse controversy in which Harbhajan was suspended but the penalty was reduced to a fine after an appeal," Symonds said. "We were made to look a bit silly really. Hayden, (Adam) Gilchrist, (Ricky) Ponting, (Michael) Clarke and Symonds wouldn't go into a hearing of that nature if something serious hadn't have happened. "I just wondered if people doubted the truth aspect of it," he added. CA charged and reprimanded Hayden Wednesday for calling Harbhajan an "obnoxious little weed". "Australian cricketers are also becoming increasingly anxious that CA will go ahead with the Pakistan tour in a month despite making it clear weeks ago that they will not visit the strife-torn country," the report said.