Harbhajan called "obnoxious little weed"

Feed

Hayden is a fool' date=' you can tell from the way he plays cricket, really never paces his innings and thinks he is big and bad and will charge the bowler all the time. [b']No wonder he gets a start and can not convert.
:whatchutalkingabout :hmmmm: 57 times 50 or more in Tests. 30 centuries. 44 times 50 or more in ODIs. 10 centuries.
It is not just a remark on the field' date=' it is done all the time on the field & it is acceptable. But to say it in a press conference is nonsense.[/quote'] Incorrect - on both counts. In fact, most of your points in this thread are similarly flawed. Speaking on a Brisbane radio station, Hayden said: "It's been a bit of a long battle with Harbhajan, the first time I ever met him he was the same little obnoxious weed that he is now. His record speaks for itself in cricket.
Incorrect - on both counts. In fact, most of your points in this thread are similarly flawed. Speaking on a Brisbane radio station, Hayden said: "It's been a bit of a long battle with Harbhajan, the first time I ever met him he was the same little obnoxious weed that he is now. His record speaks for itself in cricket.
No not at all, what I meant by a press conference was press. So what is the big difference dude. Public Criticism of on field incidents is still an offense, whether it is a press conference [like I erroneously mentioned] or rather just an interview. And you second point is funny, you found a "trivial" error in one of my sentences. Then you conclude all my arguments are similarly wrong. Now is that what they call a "killer argument" in Australia? :hysterical:

Shukla criticises Hayden on Bhajji remarks New Delhi: Cricket's hostile summer in Australia erupted once again when Matthew Hayden unleashed his verbal attack on Harbhajan Singh while speaking on a radio station in Brisbane. After his branding Harbhajan as an 'obnoxious little weed,' it is obvious that the ongoing CB Series is going to get uglier Down Under. And BCCI’s vice-president, Rajiv Shukla in an interview with CNN-IBN has come out heavily criticizing Hayden. "This kind of language should not be used against a player of repute. And Harbhajan Singh is also considered to be a senior player, and so, is Mr. Hayden. I don't think this kind of a language should used for a player who is currently playing against his country," said Shukla. Earlier, during the Test series, as a goodwill gesture, the Indian team management decided to drop charges against Brad Hogg, when he apparently used slang and foul language against Indian skipper Anil Kumble. But when Rajiv Shukla was asked as in what are we going to do about this now? He said, "We have left it to the team management to take a view. And according they will let us know. So, we have left it to them. But, I will definitely appeal to the Indian players that they should be magnanimous enough because this whole thing has brought Mr. Hayden into a very poor light. He is being seen in a bad light and not Harbhajan Singh." However, this is not a case of on-field sledging but an off-field interview. So the BCCI can actually take this with the ICC. "Team management can surely go to the match referee, though it doesn't come in his domain. But I think it should left to the team management for the time-being to take a view," clarified Shukla. In fact, in the interview, the interviewer has also asked Matthew Hayden that perhaps he would like to brand even Ishant Sharma in the same school as Harbhajan Singh? When Shukla was asked to elaborate on whether the BCCI should come out strongly this time or should perhaps, pass on any specific direction to the team management, he said, "Definitely, we will speak to the team management. We will find out what exactly had been spoken and how the team has taken it all and then we would surely react to it." But Dhoni's men had always been giving it back to the Aussies as good as they get. So, it is expected that they will now be seeing the opponents’ eye for eye after this incident, all the more. However, Shukla did not agree with the concept. "I would appeal to them not to do that. As this series is going on in a very conducive atmosphere and I think the series must go on. They should not get into abusing each other and ultimately, only Hayden will be criticised for what he has said." But is India always been exercising restrained as far as this series in Australia is concerned? "It is not that. I must make it very clear that whenever it came on us we have always retaliated and retaliated to the extend that ultimately, we were considered to be victorious. So, it is not that we accepted everything. Whenever they were wrong, we took a stand and because of that stand they had to bend," concluded Shukla.

Hayden is a fool' date= you can tell from the way he plays cricket, really never paces his innings and thinks he is big and bad and will charge the bowler all the time. No wonder he gets a start and can not convert. We need to reply with out bats and bowls in the finals to shut these arrogant Aussies completely! These kind of statements should fire up Indian squad, especially Harbhajan.
:haha::cantstop::hysterical::hysterical::cantstop::haha: Yep. 30 test centuries, two victorious world cups (player of the tournmanet 2007), cemented his spot in the most dominating team of all time. Will be regarded as one of the greatest opening batsmen of all time. Good one champ. I actually laughed out loud at this comment.

Dhoni backs Harbhajan INDIA captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has defended the bowling form of spinner Harbhajan Singh ahead of next week's tri-series finals against Australia. More... By Daniel Pace February 27, 2008 INDIA captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has defended the bowling form of spinner Harbhajan Singh ahead of next week's tri-series finals against Australia. A focus of Australia's “mental disintegration” tactics after on-field spats this summer and labelled an “obnoxious weed” by Matthew Hayden, Harbhajan has failed to fire in the one-day internationals, taking just five wickets at 39 in eight matches. But Dhoni said his performances against Australia and Sri Lanka were better than those figures suggested. “Harbhajan has done really well in the series so far, especially in the last game (against Australia),” Dhoni said. “He bowled during the power plays and with field restrictions. He's not getting loads of wickets but you can see his contribution is very important.” One India bowler continuing to make a big impact is beanpole quick Ishant Sharma, who claimed 4-41 in a devastating spell against Sri Lanka on a flat pitch. Sharma, 19, will be a crucial figure in the best-of-three finals starting in Sydney on Sunday but Dhoni warned he'd need a break after this series to avoid burnout. “Ishant needs rest. He has been bowling throughout the Test series and the one-day series,” Dhoni pointed out. “You have to be very careful with the careers of the fast bowlers. You can't just use them as disposable items. You have to give them rest in between (series) so that they can serve Indian cricket for a long time and that's very important.” Dhoni predicted an exciting finals series with rival batting greats Ricky Ponting and Sachin Tendulkar returning to their spectacular best at the right time. Australia captain Ponting went into the last match against India in Sydney with just 64 runs at 10.6 in the series but played his way into form with a confident 124 in the 18-run win. “It's just like a bomb waiting to explode,” said Dhoni. ”He has got into form, Sachin (Tendulkar) is back in form. “As the rest of the guys from our side are contributing I expect a good three one-day final matches.” Tendulkar notched his highest score of the tournament yesterday, belting 63 runs off 54 balls at Bellerive Oval as India sent Sri Lanka crashing out of finals contention. India will enjoy a four-day break before the first final while Australia and Sri Lanka clash in a dead rubber in Melbourne on Friday. Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene was reluctant to pick a winner but believed the team which triumphed in game one at the SCG would go on to claim the series. “The Aussies haven't been playing to their usual standards but they've kept winning,” Jayawardene noted. “They can come back from certain situations and win matches which is something every team is trying to do. “The Indians have shown form towards the latter part of the tournament so it should be a very good best-of-three finals.”

CA likely to make 'announcement' on Hayden today Australian opening batsman, who called Harbhajan Singh an "obnoxious little weed" yesterday may face action. More... Press Trust Of India Melbourne, February 27, 2008 First Published: 10:36 IST(27/2/2008) Last Updated: 11:36 IST(27/2/2008) Print Email IM on Yahoo Add to Del.icio.us In an unusual advisory, Cricket Australia said on Wednesday that it will make a "significant announcement about a current Australian player", prompting speculation that it may take action against opening batsman Matthew Hayden, who had called Indian offspinner Harbhajan Singh an "obnoxious little weed" on Tuesday. The announcement is expected around 11.30 am IST. "Cricket Australia today advised that a significant announcement regarding a current Australian player will take place this afternoon at the MCG," a CA statement said. Hayden, an active participant in the on-field bickerings that have marred India's current tour of Australia, on Tuesday launched a fresh verbal attack at Harbhajan by calling him an "obnoxious little weed" and also challenged young paceman Ishant Sharma to a boxing bout. "It's been a bit of a long battle with Harbhajan, the first time I ever met him, he was the same little obnoxious weed that he is now," Hayden said on Brisbane radio. Hayden said he had told Ishant to settle down and quipped he would like to meet the lanky paceman in a boxing ring. "He is just young. I have said to him many times, you are 19, take it easy," Hayden said. The BCCI reacted to the issue by saying that sledging was going "out of hand" and setting a bad example for young cricketers. The Indian team management had also lodged a written complaint with the Match Referee about the provocative behaviour of the home team during their Sunday match and threatened to take a "befitting action" if Ricky Ponting and his men persisted with such behaviour.

Hayden may be a good player.But like most of the Australians ' date='he is an egoist and a racist.I hope his bosses will punish him because they need Indian Money.Symonds is hired to wash Mallya's house and toilets.[/quote'] Your posts bear out your unfortunate and ignorant understanding of any of this - as does your avatar.
'Obnoxious' comment may land Hayden in trouble New Delhi: An embarrassed Cricket Australia has decided to investigate the latest controversy marring India's tour Down Under. CA will look into the matter of Matthew Hayden calling Harbhajan Singh "an obnoxious little weed." CA has said it will look into the matter even though the the BCCI has decided not to lodge a formal complaint against Hayden. The Indian team who has reached Melbourne to prepare for the finals against Australia has decided to ignore the comment and is reportedly in a relaxed frame of mind. Meanwhile Harbhajan Singh has told CNN-IBN that he is not bothered one bit about the uncalled for comments and has nothing to say on the matter. The Indian team management has just reiterated their stand that it's the Australian who indulge in sledging.
Hayden in trouble? It looks like Matthew Hayden could be in trouble - Cricket Australia is believed to have taken a strong view of the Aussie cricketer's latest tirade against Harbhajan Singh where he called Bhajji "an obnoxious little weed" in a radio interview. Hayden's remarks have not gone down well with the board - in fact all the biggies from Cricket Australia met today (February 27) in Melbourne to decide on whether action would be taken agaisnt the Aussie batsmen. The board does not want to escalate tensions between the two teams and is keen to avert any backlash following Hayden's comments. An announcement on this matter is expected today. Meanhwile Cricket australia chairman James Sutherland has written to BCCI Secretary Niranjan Shah assuring him that the Australian board will look into the matter. "Cricket Australia today advised that a significant announcement regarding a current Australian player will take place this afternoon at the MCG," Sutherland said. Team unconcerned CA's decision notwithstanding, Team India is apparently unconcerned about the comment or the action against Matthew Hayden. Team manager Vimal Soni told TIMES NOW, "It's a personal comment and reflects Mr Hayden's own views. The Indian team is not bothered about it. We are here to play cricket and will continue to play cricket. As far as we concerned, Hayden's comments only confirm what we have written to the Match Referee, about his attitude on the grounds. But there will be no complaints now from our side, it's their (CA's) internal matter." Soni added that the Indian team was "playing in the spirit of the game" and that the comments had not created any tension in the players. BCCI: Remark uncalled for Speaking exclusively to TIMES NOW, BCCI Vice President Rajiv Shukla has said that Hayden's verbal attack was totally uncalled for, but that the Indian cricket board would not take any action unless the team management took note of the issue. He also urged Harbhajan to show restraint and not react to the comments. "Mr Hayden's outburst is completely uncalled for. He's a senior player of world cricket, he should not react in this manner and should not use such language. But still, I would request the Indian players particularly Mr Harbhajan Singh to be magnanimous and not to go for a slanging match with Mr Hayden - because this shows Mr Hayden in poor light, not Mr Harbhajan Singh. The team management should take a view on it, we are waiting for the team management's reaction and only after the BCCI should react," said Shukla. The Hayden interview has drawn indignant comments from the Indian cricket fraternity. Former Indian Test cricketer Atul Wassan has slammed the Aussies saying they just knew how to dish it out, but couldn't tolerate the fact that the Indians were giving it back. "Coming from Matthew Hayden and from an Aussie it is like the pot calling the kettle black. I think if Harbhajan is obnoxious, Aussies are the champions of being obnoxious. They have been, for the last 50-60 years but the difference is that most of the teams were putting up with their attitude and crassness earlier - but now they cannot tolerate it that one team is giving it back to them," said Wassan. Cricket historian Boria Mazumdar today rubbished the stand that Hayden was just expressing his "personal views", and said the BCCI should take strong action exception to the Aussie's remarks. "It is absolutely unacceptable, I think if this is how international cricket will be played we had better stop it. Sportsmanship needs to be defined on the field with perhaps a hard game, but this is below the belt and obnoxious behaviour. The BCCI should take a strong step, I hope CA slams Hayden and demands an unconditional apology on the same radio station where he spoke. This is serious as it could contribute to worsening cricket relations between the two countries... What is personal? I may go and slap Sachin Tendulkar and call it my personal view. When somebody is stepping on your toes if you keep quiet, they will take it as a sign of weakness," said Mazumdar. Roebuck: It's a bit rude Meanwhile senior cricket writer Peter Roebuck also felt Hayden's jibe at Harbhajan was very rude and wondered why he chose to make such statements in the public domain. "Well they were a bit rude, the young man (Harbhajan) is a guest in this country and ought to be treated with hospitality... I think they (Australian players) are pretty fed up with Harbhajan particularly. I am not sure why Hayden felt the need to say that publicly. I don't know about mind games, I think they just speak their minds on occassion. A lot of Australians feel two things: firstly that their own team is too aggressive at times, but secondly also that India sometimes has followed the same path this summer, in reaction to the Australians. I think both sides should shut up and concentrate on the cricket, that's my point," commented Roebuck. The interview On Tuesday the Australians took the mind games in the current tri-series to a new level with Harbhajan Singh coming under a fresh attack from opener Matthew Hayden. Hayden's remark calling the Indian off-spinner an "obnoxious little weed", has the potential to create more bad blood between the two teams. Here is a transcript of the radio interview that Hayden gave to a Brisbane radio station: Radio host 1: Have you read the paper, the Indians are back into you blokes about being bullies? Hayden: That's because they're losing every game they are playing out here at this stage. Host 1: ... and because they've had a guy docked 15% of his match fee and they've got a wicket keeper... Host 2 (cuts in) Why don't they just shut up and play cricket? Hayden: There you go, that's the most logical thing I have ever heard this summer Host 1: Were you charging Harbhajan Singh the other day and calling him 'mad boy' as you were batting? Hayden: No, 'bad boy'. 'You bad boy'. Host 1: That's offensive apparently in India? Hayden: He took offence to that, I thought that was quite funny. I said mate you should be flattered it's a clothing range. (Everyone laughs) Host 2: We need to get to the root of the problem and see why they are all so sensitive? What's going on in their lives. Hayden: I think it's been a bit of a long battle with Harbhajan. The first time I ever met he was the same little obnoxious weed that he is now, so... (more general laughter) Host 1: That's what you got about him from every person who's had a dealing with him? Hayden: The thing is, his record speaks for itself in cricket. It's a certain line that you can go to and you know when you push it - and he just pushes it all the time. That is why he's been charged more than anyone that has ever played in the history of cricket. Host 1: Does (Ishant) Sharma come from the same school as Bhajji? Hayden: Well I think he's just young and as I have said to him many times, mate you're 19, just take it easy. He says, but "I'm playing for my country" (mimics Indian accent). Well we're all playing for our country but at the end of the day you're just 19, what about if you just worry about your bowling for a while. I actually like the idea of getting him in a ring. I like that, let's bring that one on! Rodney: Indians quit whining Hayden is not the only one taking on the Indians, former Australian Bowler Rodney Hogg too has asked India to stop 'whinging' and just play the game. Rodney says that in international sport players will try and unsettle their opponents and that only Asian referees should be appointed for India's matches as Indians feel they are not being listened to if a Match Referee is a Non-Asian. "I've really had a gutful of their whinging, this is international sport, obviously people are going to say things to try to unsettle you, I reckon they should appoint an Asian referee for Indian games because when it's a non-Asian referee they never feel as if they are being listened to," Rodney said. Newspaper coverage The Daily Telegraph says that Matthew Hayden's labelling Harbhajan Singh and asking India to stop whining has erupted cricket's hostile summer again. It writes: Obnoxious weed: Hayden lets fly MATTHEW Hayden labelled Harbhajan Singh an "obnoxious little weed" yesterday and India were told to shut up and stop whingeing as cricket's hostile summer erupted again. The Herald Sun takes a step further and says Hayden has launched a 'weed spray' on the Turbanator after the duo locked horns at the now infamous Sydney Cricket Ground. Matthew Hayden launches 'weed' spray of Harbhajan Singh MATTHEW Hayden yesterday labelled Harbhajan Singh an "obnoxious little weed" as India was told to stop whingeing. Hayden and Harbhajan locked horns at the SCG on Sunday, with Hayden yesterday claiming he had called the controversial Indian a "bad boy" rather than a "mad boy". Meanwhile the Sydney Morning Herald has said that Australian opener Mathew Hayden has ensured that there's a spicy finale to the already hot summer of cricket after calling Bhajji a "obnoxious little weed": Hayden labels Harbhajan 'obnoxious' Australian opener Matthew Hayden has ensured a spicy finale to a fiery summer of cricket by describing Indian combatant Harbhajan Singh as an "obnoxious little weed". "His record speaks for itself in cricket. There is a certain line that you can kind of go to and then you know where you push it and he just pushes it all the time."