Question to the Aussie fans regarding their teams behaviour?

bharat297

I just lost a load of respect for the Aussies. Nowadays, they sound more and more like nauseating bullies who will do anything to win and dont respect their opposition at all. To hell with their records and wins, who cares bout 'em anymore. They can have their own private orgies with the records they have created for themselves, but they are probably one the most despised teams in the history of cricket.

I just lost a load of respect for the Aussies. Nowadays, they sound more and more like nauseating bullies who will do anything to win and dont respect their opposition at all. To hell with their records and wins, who cares bout 'em anymore. They can have their own private orgies with the records they have created for themselves, but they are probably one the most despised teams in the history of cricket.
Yea, it's pretty hard to imagine 20 years from now people looking back fondly at the Aussie dominance like people do now toward the Windies dominance. There's a certain level of respect there which simply won't be there for the Aussies.
Absolutely true. Taylor and Waugh's teams were successful, but the rest of the cricketing world didn't hate them thins much. Its not just because they are successful, because look at other sporting champions like Roger Federer, or Tiger Woods, or Michael Phelps. I can't imagine Federer going up to Nadal and asking him what his coach's d**k tastes like.

bharat: i dont think there is anything wrong with the behviour of our team. of course there are a few incidents where i think we could have handled it better, but at the end of the day, this is international cricket, and a lot is at stake. we have always played hard, aggressive cricket which could be a reason why we have been number 1 for so long. intresting to note comments made by dhoni about the australians behaviour..

Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the Indian captain, believes Ishant Sharma was provoked by Andrew Symonds into the reaction that earned the young bowler an ICC reprimand and fine. Dhoni also said the Australians had turned this kind of incident into an art form and that India would need to catch up. "It's an art and they are good at it, but the Indians will learn soon," Dhoni said after India's comprehensive seven-wicket victory over Sri Lanka in Hobart that booked them a place in the finals against Australia, which start on Sunday.
we sledge. we swear. whoop di do. i think the way the australians play unsettles many touring teams, and may cause them to react differently under the pressure of playing them. cricket is also played in the head, and i think the aussies are brilliant into getting into the heads of opposing teams.
Yea' date=' it's pretty hard to imagine 20 years from now people looking back fondly at the Aussie dominance like people do now toward the Windies dominance. There's a certain level of respect there which simply won't be there for the Aussies.[/quote']
Absolutely true. Taylor and Waugh's teams were successful, but the rest of the cricketing world didn't hate them thins much. Its not just because they are successful, because look at other sporting champions like Roger Federer, or Tiger Woods, or Michael Phelps. I can't imagine Federer going up to Nadal and asking him what his coach's d**k tastes like.
These Aussie ass-holes have completely forgotten one thing. In the history of sport, the most celebrated and the most fondly remembered super-stars are those who played the game with dignity and respected their opposition, irrespective of how strong or how weak they were. Everytime someone raises the question of bullying behavior to an Aussie player or coach in a press-conference the standard answer is " Well, let those guys start winning some matches first". Now, whats despicable on-field behavior and winning matches have got to do with each other ? If you behave like half-grown retards, you will be hated, irrespective of whether you win or not. This present Aussie team doesnt seem to realize that. I am all for tough, uncompromising cricket. Thats how the game should be played at the highest level, but not at the cost of the constant mocking, bullying of the opposition, just because you are the no.1 team in the world and are good at it. Ironically, this team is actually digging the grave for future Aussie teams,. Soon, there will be a time when the Australian team will not be as strong or dominant as this one. Then, they will get back all they gave, with interest. Not that they need to spared now, I am all for our players taking on these class-less morons.
bharat: we sledge. we swear. whoop di do. i think the way the australians play unsettles many touring teams, and may cause them to react differently under the pressure of playing them. cricket is also played in the head, and i think the aussies are brilliant into getting into the heads of opposing teams.
The problem is not that you sledge but that your players can't take it if its returned. That sounds like a spoiled brat to me.
These Aussie ass-holes have completely forgotten one thing. In the history of sport, the most celebrated and the most fondly remembered super-stars are those who played the game with dignity and respected their opposition, irrespective of how strong or how weak they were. Everytime someone raises the question of bullying behavior to an Aussie player or coach in a press-conference the standard answer is " Well, let those guys start winning some matches first". Now, whats despicable on-field behavior and winning matches have got to do with each other ? If you behave like half-grown retards, you will be hated, irrespective of whether you win or not. This present Aussie team doesnt seem to realize that. I am all for tough, uncompromising cricket. Thats how the game should be played at the highest level, but not at the cost of the constant mocking, bullying of the opposition, just because you are the no.1 team in the world and are good at it. Ironically, this team is actually digging the grave for future Aussie teams,. Soon, there will be a time when the Australian team will not be as strong or dominant as this one. Then, they will get back all they gave, with interest. Not that they need to spared now, I am all for our players taking on these class-less morons.
Talk about overreacting...:kittykay: I don't think the Australian cricketers or their public (for the most part) give a damn about how "fondly" they are or will be remembered/celebrated by the rest of the world. Nor should they. If that is the way they like to play the game, so be it. At the end of the day, i'll still be able to appreciate Warne's incredible skill or Symonds' big hitting and fielding. Players have no obligation to uphold the standards of sportsmanship - cricket is no longer a gentleman's game. They just need to do enough to win the matches and the trophies. If they manage to do that, their fans will love them for it, and rightly so India aren't exactly that well-behaved on the field either, but i wouldn't mind seeing them play that sort of game as long as they win matches. That's probably one of the reasons why India give Australia a good game more often than other teams do - some of the Indian cricketers have the same attitude as them. They really don't care about how their actions will be perceived by onlookers. I for one, would rather see the Indians play their cricket with a cocky, 'win at all costs' attitude rather than with the passive 'good guy' approach that players like Srinath were known for. It shows that they care.
Talk about overreacting...:kittykay: I don't think the Australian cricketers or their public (for the most part) give a damn about how "fondly" they are or will be remembered/celebrated by the rest of the world. Nor should they. If that is the way they like to play the game, so be it. At the end of the day, i'll still be able to appreciate Warne's incredible skill or Symonds' big hitting and fielding. Players have no obligation to uphold the standards of sportsmanship - cricket is no longer a gentleman's game. They just need to do enough to win the matches and the trophies. If they manage to do that, their fans will love them for it, and rightly so India aren't exactly that well-behaved on the field either, but i wouldn't mind seeing them play that sort of game as long as they win matches. That's probably one of the reasons why India give Australia a good game more often than other teams do - some of the Indian cricketers have the same attitude as them. They really don't care about how their actions will be perceived by onlookers. I for one, would rather see the Indians play their cricket with a cocky, 'win at all costs' attitude rather than with the passive 'good guy' approach that players like Srinath were known for. It shows that they care.
If thats the case, then why are the Aussies complaining about Harbhajan and Ishant Sharma. The problem is that, since many teams (esp India and SAF) are finally standing up to the Aussies, the Aussies have started to whine and complain about over-aggression, and have brought up "the spirit of cricket" when it suits them. Either way you look at it, Australia are in the wrong. If its a free for all and any thing goes on the cricket field, then Australia have no right to whinge about Bhajji or Ishant. If it is a case of those things being unacceptable on the cricket field, then Australia have no right to call us whingers when we complain about the behaviour of the Australian players. Its a 2 way street, and its about time these guys learn that.

Agree, Predator. The other thing is that the much-loved WI players of the past weren't the saints so many think. They stretched the rules and gamesmanship levels with ridiculously slow over rates, diabolical time wasting tactics to try and help them draw games when others looked like winning (notably v. England), and some of the players were tools as well. I have no problem with gamesmanship/etc, but it's frustrating when the off-field stuff takes precedence over the cricket. Nobody for a long time gave a flying fack about what Haynes or Rod Marsh would say, and instead they'd worry about the cricket - which is the way it should be. As far as the OP goes btw, as a long-time Aussie fan (since I got into the game), I'd still have to say this side's behaviour is unpleasant to follow under the spotlight. I have no problem with on-field sledging and such, but Hayden taking gripes and insults to radio shows and people bleating to the media just gets irritating. Plus the boorish, crude sledges aren't that interesting to listen to. A big difference from what we got when Warne was throwing comments to Daryll Cullinan or Paul Collingwood that made the front page of the Sun Herald.

Hehe. Sportsmanship is EVERYTHING dude. Tis a pity you dont realize it. Look, sport isnt about numbers, for us to keep updating our ledger books with which team won how many matches and who scored how many runs. Its about two teams competing, both of 'em giving their best and we, as a viewer should be able to feel that intensity. However, what adds to the "entertainment package" as i would call it, is the fact that both sets of players mutually respect each other. There is no fun in watching a war, the real fun is watching a contest. The Aussies are making it look like a war. As I said before, I am totally for competitive cricket, but this isnt the sort of cricket I would like to watch.
Hehe. Sportsmanship is EVERYTHING dude. Tis a pity you dont realize it.
Sometimes. I still regard DRJ as the greatest man to ever captain England, and many English fans (and a lot of Aussies, including some of his adversaries like Jack Fingleton!) have nothing but the highest respect for the man. And Jardine was a complete a$$hole, prick, call him what you will. He hated the Aussies' guts, wanted nothing better than to humiliate and embarrass them, made his sheer disgust and hatred towards Aussie fans very clear, and people still remember him for bringing the Ashes back to England, toppling Bradman once and beating one of the strongest Australian teams ever in their home ground.
Sometimes. I still regard DRJ as the greatest man to ever captain England, and many English fans (and a lot of Aussies, including some of his adversaries like Jack Fingleton!) have nothing but the highest respect for the man. And Jardine was a complete a$, prick, call him what you will. He hated the Aussies' guts, wanted nothing better than to humiliate and embarrass them, made his sheer disgust and hatred towards Aussie fans very clear, and people still remember him for bringing the Ashes back to England, toppling Bradman once and beating one of the strongest Australian teams ever in their home ground.
Not really ... I think most people will remember him for the Bodyline incident.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/hayden-in-hot-water-for-little-obnoxious-weed-sledge/2008/02/27/1203788390576.html
Hayden faced the hearing tonight as a result of calling Harbhajan a "little obnoxious weed" in an interview on Brisbane radio yesterday, a comment that caused a wave of consternation among Indian cricket followers today. The hearing began at CA's Jolimont headquarters in Melbourne about 8pm, and is being presided over by code of conduct commissioner Ron Beazley. Unlike verbal barbs directed on the field - an ICC portfolio - Hayden's decision to air his views in a radio interview, which was picked up and run with by national newspapers this morning, left him open to sanction by CA.
Sometimes. I still regard DRJ as the greatest man to ever captain England, and many English fans (and a lot of Aussies, including some of his adversaries like Jack Fingleton!) have nothing but the highest respect for the man. And Jardine was a complete a$, prick, call him what you will. He hated the Aussies' guts, wanted nothing better than to humiliate and embarrass them, made his sheer disgust and hatred towards Aussie fans very clear, and people still remember him for bringing the Ashes back to England, toppling Bradman once and beating one of the strongest Australian teams ever in their home ground.
Sorry, that is not MY vision of a good cricket captain. Having one of your fastest bowlers deliberately bowl deliveries that had a high probability of causing injury, serious ones at that, isnt my view of excellent or sportsman like captaincy. This isnt a war, this is sport. Its not as though the victor gets everything and vanquished is left to rot in hell. I dont care if my team loses or wins, all I want to see is them giving their best, competing as much as they can. And Douglas Jardine was willing to injure Australian batsman with short,quick balls aimed at their ribs, hell, why couldnt asked the English Chefs to poison the Australian players' breakfast ? After all, the intent is the same, only, the results could differ.
Not really ... I think most people will remember him for the Bodyline incident.
All one and the same. His arguments with Pelham Warner on that tour, his sometimes divisive captaincy, his usage of Bodyline (and his design of the tactic in the first place) and Larwood as a sheer strike weapon - and then the end result, Ashes to England. After the bad feeling quietened down, people finally learned to take the good with the bad. That's why you've got his portrait in the Long Room and even Warner several years later claiming "If ever there was a cricket match between England and the rest of the world, and the fate of England depended upon the result, I would pick Jardine as England Captain every time".