Question to the Aussie fans regarding their teams behaviour?

bharat297

Before I start, I hope that this thread does not just turn out random insults. I am of Indian descent, but have lived in Australia for nearly all my life, and I hope that this thread does not turn out racist insults directed at either of these 2 countries. Please be sensible. Anyway, my question is. I would like to know why is it that nearly all serious issues regarding sledging, or issues related to cheating, and racism (by players and crowd), and verbal abuse constantly involve this Australian squad. Do you think that is just a co-incidence, or do you think that there is actually something wrong with these players on field behaviour? Now other countries have had their little on-field incidents, but over the past few years, nearly every major incident has surrounded this Australian team, and Australian crowds. Here are some examples ... * Australians alleging illegal reverse swing by the Pakistanis during the 90s * Australians complaining about Ranatunga's confrontational style * Muralitharan and Jayasuriya complaining about the abusive and racial crowds in 2002/03. * Glenn McGrath spitting at Brian Lara in 1999. * Andre Nel complaining of racial abuse from the crowds in 2005/06. * Australia complaining of unecessary abuse from Graeme Smith and Mark Boucher in 2005/06 * Australian's questioning Murali's action every time he is on the verge of overtaking Shane Warne * Australians complaining about Ganguly's tardiness as skipper. * Australians alleging illegal reverse swing by the English bowlers * Australians complaining about Michael Vaughan's tactics during the Ashes 2005 * Australian captain Ricky Ponting's use of the Graphite sticker on his bat * Australian captain Ricky Ponting's heated argument with Billy Bowden about signalling a no-ball because Australia had more than 5 outside the inner circle. * Australian captain Ricky Ponting asking Damien Martyn to push Sharad Pawar off the stage during the presentation ceremony after ICC Championship Trophy 2006. * Andrew Symonds complaining about racial taunts from Indian crowds. * Heated exchange between Michael Clarke and Chris Gayle during the ICC Trophy, in which Clarke is alleged to have called Gayle "a second class citizen" * Australians complaining about Sreesanth's aggression during the future cup in 2007 * Australians allege that Harbhajan called Symonds a "monkey". Harbhajan claims he called Symonds a "teri maki", and that Symonds misheard. Neither of the 2 umpires present, heard anything. * Australian spinner Brad Hogg is known to have called Kumble and Dhoni "bastards". The Indian team later dropped the charge. * Australians complain of the send-off given to Symonds by Ishant Sharma. * Indian team complain of provocative behaviour by some Australian players. Now I know other countries have had their on-field problems (e.g. Jellybean incident), but they rarely go this far except when they involve the Australian team. Is it the fault of the other 9 major cricketing nations, or is their really something wrong with the Aussie team's on field behaviour?

CRICKET'S SINNERS Team offences since 1997 India - 43 Pakistan - 39 South Africa - 27 Australia - 25 England - 21 Sri Lanka - 18 Zimbabwe - 15 New Zealand - 14 West Indies - 13 Player Offences Sourav Ganguly - 12 Inzamam ul-Haq - 11 Shoaib Akhtar - 7 Graeme Smith - 6 Glenn McGrath - 6 Harbhajan Singh - 5 http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23044267-5001023,00.html What's that? India are the worst offenders in cricket's history? :haha: How's that saying go... "People in glass housses shouldn't throw stones." :hysterical::haha::hysterical:

CRICKET'S SINNERS Team offences since 1997 India - 43 Pakistan - 39 South Africa - 27 Australia - 25 England - 21 Sri Lanka - 18 Zimbabwe - 15 New Zealand - 14 West Indies - 13 Player Offences Sourav Ganguly - 12 Inzamam ul-Haq - 11 Shoaib Akhtar - 7 Graeme Smith - 6 Glenn McGrath - 6 Harbhajan Singh - 5 http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23044267-5001023,00.html What's that? India are the worst offenders in cricket's history? :haha: How's that saying go... "People in glass housses shouldn't throw stones." :hysterical::haha::hysterical:
Number of offences honestly doesn't mean much, it just means some people get reported more. Offences also include slow over rates, which were common during Ganguly's period. These are different to offences such as spitting at a batsman. Also, like I said before, it depends on how much gets reported to match referees. You didn't answer my question
Thats is not vey smart, 16. You are not answering the OP. Bharat is requesting your response to his post, not telling you to post a url.
Number of offences honestly doesn't mean much, it just means some people get reported more. Offences also include slow over rates, which were common during Ganguly's period. These are different to offences such as spitting at a batsman. Also, like I said before, it depends on how much gets reported to match referees. You didn't answer my question
He answered. With a Tu Quoque. It is similar to the argument against west by some nations in case of women rights, the point out the number of rapes in west. But don't understand that rapes aren't less common in their nation, but it doesn't get reported as much as in the west.
You make our point. The bias of umpires and match officials is shocking. Things need to change

I have followed this and prior Aussie teams exploits for ages. It is simple. They give it out in dollops, but get precious when they get some back. When things are not going their way, they get nasty and abusive as well. Very unfortunate and disappointing behaviour. But the mould is being broken. Gilchrist, Lee and Hussey for example, are outside of this mould ...the team culture will change with time. Also, the circus that surrounds the cricket with it's assorted commentators etc like to throw dirt on opposition players...make big dramas over minor issues and cast aspersions on their character thereon. A sort of character assasination. It's a bit of an art. They construct biases based upon it amongst the fans. Paki's ball tampering suspects, Lankans chucking-cheating suspects, Indians whinge, over appeal, ball tampering suspects, South Africans are racist suspects, sledgers and offensive...Poms are the worst whingers, softies, no heart, snooty...etc etc etc

1. Of the 20 'incidents' 10 involve India. Doing a quick google search I found 16 controversies in cricket invovling India and another team which did not involve Australia going only back to the year 2001 (this list goes back to the 1990s). So I could easily construct a list that shows India to be the team involved in the most controversies. 2. There is considerable debate about many of the 'incidents' in this list - in many of them I believe Australia's actions to be ethically and morally correct - in many of them I don't. 3. Given 1 and 2 above the list is totally meaningless and proves precisely nothing. it is just a selective, biased and therefore meaningless list. There is no evidence that Indias behaviour is any better or worse than the Australians. There is substantial proven and documented records of bad behaviour by both Australians and Indians. Everypone could behave better as far as I am concerned. 4. In my opinion what has been going on is Australian get an advantage from psychological games - India is trying to inmtimidate them to stop them using those tactics - i find no fault in that - it's all games... What I do find problematic is the laughable claim that India behave in an ethically and morally superior way.

This scenario will change only and only when we have proper representation all cricketing nations in ICC. Also, when our players learn sledging patterns like Aussies do ( neither camera could catch nor the eyes ). Moreover, we need to play much higher level of cricket than we play today. We must topple the supremacy for atleast 2-3 years ( not impossible but still its an imagination ).

4. In my opinion what has been going on is Australian get an advantage from psychological games - India is trying to inmtimidate them to stop them using those tactics - i find no fault in that - it's all games... What I do find problematic is the laughable claim that India behave in an ethically and morally superior way.
I am not claiming that, and I even stated that in the opening post. However, it is extremely hypocritical for Australia to complain about some of the things they have complained about over the past few months, given their behaviour over the years. I will say, that I believe that in general, this current Australian squad is the worst behaved squad in history (with the exception of a few players such as Gilly, Lee, Hussey, etc). This squad seems to be surrounded by controversy, with even former Australian players publicly stating their disgust at the manner that this current Australian team has conducted themselves. For years, the Australians stated that 'what happens on the field stays on the field'. However, recently it seems the Australians have complained about on-field incidents much more than any other team. Thats the hypocrasy, which many Indian fans (and given the reaction world-wide, fans of othr cricketing nations too) are pointing out.