Gambhir sizzles with a ton

Very unlucky not to get a run in the side. ----------------------------------- NEW DELHI, Feb 19: Discarded Indian opener Gautam Gambhir hit a fluent ton as the Shikhar Dhawan-led Delhi outfit registered a convincing 57-run win in their Ranji one-day encounter against Haryana in Patiala on Sunday. After Haryana put Delhi in, Gambhir's stroke-filled 116, which included nine fours and a six, and his 114-run opening partnership with Aakash Chopra enabled Delhi to post 294 in their allotted 50 overs. The Haryana run chase faltered at the start as seamer Amit Bhandari got rid of the openers early, and although a 88-run stand between debutant Vishal Sahni and Sachin Rana raised Haryana's hopes, they fell for 237 as spinner Abhishek Sharma brought out some crucial dismissals. In the other North Zone matches on the day, Punjab trounced Services by nine wickets as captain Dinesh Mongia and Karan Goel hit impressive half-centuries and VRV Singh scalped three wickets, while HP beat J&K by seven wickets.

Re: Gambhir sizzles with a ton yea but Laxman is a better batsmen, and Laxman isnt even a bad fielder, that just myth created by the indian cricketing board. Hes not the quickest runner but he still can pick up singles. Being a better batsmen means a lot more, and besides Laxman is far more experienced and has more matchwinning abilities.

Re: Gambhir sizzles with a ton Age has nothing to do with anything i think its all in the heart DSR, and in regards to you legend i could care less what you think, my posts portray my thoughts and feeling towards my favorite player. If 32 is old for you, think about mike hussey hes already 31 and is just starting his career.

Re: Gambhir sizzles with a ton

Gambhir is young and will improve. Laxman is old and will get worse
dsr, Laxman has acheived whatever he could and I can assure you that Gambhir will never touch those hights. He is too risky a batsman and selectors were quite right in not choosing Gambhir.

Age has nothing to do with anything i think its all in the heart DSR' date=' and in regards to you legend i could care less what you think, my posts portray my thoughts and feeling towards my favorite player. If 32 is old for you, think about mike hussey hes already 31 and is just starting his career.[/quote'] Rohan ur sick, dude.. get some treatment 1st... :hic:

yea but Laxman is a better batsmen' date=' and Laxman isnt even a bad fielder, that just myth created by the indian cricketing board. Hes not the quickest runner but he still can pick up singles. Being a better batsmen means a lot more, and besides Laxman is far more experienced and has more matchwinning abilities.[/quote'] i think this forum has seen enuf of laxman's abilities to play ODIs.. lets move on guys... laxman fans pls stop braggin abt lax and relax n watch the WC.. thts better for all of us... saves us frm readin stuffs abt laxman... phewwww

dsr, Laxman has acheived whatever he could and I can assure you that Gambhir will never touch those hights. He is too risky a batsman and selectors were quite right in not choosing Gambhir.
You dont know that. Laxman was very average when he first played for India. He then got dropped and was in the wilderness for a while, then came back after working hard and scoring shed loads of runs in domestic cricket and exlpoded in 2001 series against aussies. Gambhir has had same experience and is scoring bucket loads in domestic cricket. Give him a run in tests/odis and I believe he will deliver. Just give him a run, disgrace he never played in SA

You dont know that. Laxman was very average when he first played for India. He then got dropped and was in the wilderness for a while, then came back after working hard and scoring shed loads of runs in domestic cricket and exlpoded in 2001 series against aussies. Gambhir has had same experience and is scoring bucket loads in domestic cricket. Give him a run in tests/odis and I believe he will deliver. Just give him a run, disgrace he never played in SA
I think Uthappa defeated everyone while scoring tons of run in the FC matches. And now he is next in line, and rightly so. After that I'd prefer Manoj Tiwari and Rohit Sharma for the team. Gambhir couldn't grab his opportunity when he was given a chance.

Re: Gambhir sizzles with a ton What the fack. Did not grab his chance? He has been in great form and has not had a run. All power to uthappa. He proves my point has scored loads of runs in domestic and has shown what he can do. GG has been doing similarly things in domestic/A tours and challenger. He is only 25 and you lot of ended his indian prospects already. :huh:

What the fack. Did not grab his chance? He has been in great form and has not had a run. All power to uthappa. He proves my point has scored loads of runs in domestic and has shown what he can do. GG has been doing similarly things in domestic/A tours and challenger. He is only 25 and you lot of ended his indian prospects already. :huh:
No dsr. I'm only saying that he is not the next in line. He has been scoring those many runs since last 4 years if I'm not wrong. He finally got an opportunity in 2004 in tests and in 2005 in ODI but could not grab it, could not cement his place. Now he'll have to wait for few more vacancies, IF it comes and even then next in line is Uthappa for opener and Sharma and Tiwari for MO. If another opener's place is needed then Gambhir is certainly in line.

Re: Gambhir sizzles with a ton 2005?? we are in 2007. He has since 2005 gone away and worked hard and improved. Hence scored lots of runs. Good thing some of you were not selectors before 2001 series. As some of you would have said laxman had a chance a year back and should not go back to him despite scoring loads of runs in FC cricket.