Exorcising the SCG final ghosts: unfinished job no more!

During the 1991/92 season down under, a certain Indian player played a familiar lead role in a India-Australia WSC finals' game at SCG, but unfortunately in a losing cause. 16 years later, he has completed some unfinished business. We are proud of you, Sachin and chuffed to bits!:isalute::isalute::isalute: Check out the scorecard from that game in '92. & the video (courtesy: Predator/ICF) CJ5D4UZCbPU I wrote this at the start of the game: " I hope Sachin fires tonight and plays the lead role. Anyone remember the last time we were competitive at a tri-series final at SCG? It was SRT and Pravin Amre, who took us very close to the target. But both of them got out in quick succession and India lost the game by a few runs. " Glad Sachin fired and took us all the way. Go Sachin!:isalute::isalute:

Yes, I_A, it's just amazing, and a bit humbling to realise that this is the very first time we've beaten Australia at Sydney in an ODI, on a ground that been traditionally as close to Indian tracks as you'll ever get. It's all in the mind, I daresay, which is why what Sachin and Rohit achieved today was exceptional.