Hypothetical, what if Australia threatened to go home?

Yes they would care Matt. However you have to bear in mind that India is a huge country, our population is probably 20 times that of yours so you will hear mixed reactions. There would be pockets, specially the more aggressive North, where people would be defending India regardless of who is at fault, then there would be more understanding South where you will hear, "In the end cricket was the loser" kind of comment. Most Indian fans would obviously care, in history of cricket there has been no tour abandonment and no host country wants to be the first one to start the trend.
Try about 70 times more than yours.
Don't get me started on stable economys' date=' let me know how India compares to Australia in terms of GDP per capita, it's a shame that you think that cricket is so important when you have bigger issues such as obvious disparity of wealth[/quote'] I think he was talking about CA's account not Aussie economy. If he meant aussie economy then its a joke to think a country's economy depends on a cricket tour :giggle: As for the disparity of wealth , its in every country just like we have it here between NT and rest of Aus. In India its lot worse because of bigger population and the fact its a developing nation.

Typical responses, as soon as your not happy with the situation you pack up your bat and ball and go home but hey you still have cricket, content in your own existance with millions living in poverty, but hey you still have cricket, bending each other over rejoicing in your supposed sucess...lucky you still have cricket. You wonder why there are issues, the common demonimator is India but you reckon your sh1t doesn't stink, the sun shines out of your curry punished dates and your people struggle to survive...but hey you still have cricket. I've been to your country and loved it, shame that this is tarnished by a minority group of fanatics/lunatics who have ruined the spirit of the once great game. It is your refusal to accept other cultures which means you will go nowhere in todays society, yet you remian blissfully ignorant in the belief that we should all get down on our knees and pray at the feet of India. Wake up and smell the tandoor, how many people immigarte to India? when you answer this question ask yourself why. I've posted for two days in a vain attempt to find out more about you guys and all you can do is ostracize those who bring into question what you believe is true and fair. Grow up, get a life, win a world cup (a real one, not that 20/20 crap) and wallow in the sewerage that is this forum

Errr no. In the very next Test, at Kolkatta Pakistan won by 46 runs in another closely faught game. This was the same game where Srinath took 13 wickets for 150 runs and in the first innings Pakistan were 6/26. And of course which Indian cricket fan can forget Akhtar's best spell where he simply blew away Sachin and Dravid in two successive deliveries. The Eden Gardens crowd went all quiet, and not as you predict applaud Akhtar. Nor did they applaud towards the end. There is no need to get defensive about it. Chennai and Bangalore crowds are amongst the most sporting in the nation, Mohali/Calcutta are not. xxx
I am not being defensive about it, just stating the fact. The Calcutta Test that u mentioned, was part of the Asian Test Championship. And yes, EG crowd went all quiet about Dravid and Sachin wickets, but the unruly events in that tests were triggered due to appealing (against the spirit of the game and some stupid ICC rule) of a run out of Sachin when we were on track to win the test match. But anyway, I think we have played quite a close encounters (ODIs) even in Mohali, and people have not been unruly at all. At least, I don't remember them being ruly like the Kolkatta crowd... What I am trying to say is, that people appreciate good contest ... and certainly do not expect their team to fold like cheap tents.
Typical responses, as soon as your not happy with the situation you pack up your bat and ball and go home but hey you still have cricket, content in your own existance with millions living in poverty, but hey you still have cricket, bending each other over rejoicing in your supposed sucess...lucky you still have cricket. You wonder why there are issues, the common demonimator is India but you reckon your sh1t doesn't stink, the sun shines out of your curry punished dates and your people struggle to survive...but hey you still have cricket. I've been to your country and loved it, shame that this is tarnished by a minority group of fanatics/lunatics who have ruined the spirit of the once great game. It is your refusal to accept other cultures which means you will go nowhere in todays society, yet you remian blissfully ignorant in the belief that we should all get down on our knees and pray at the feet of India. Wake up and smell the tandoor, how many people immigarte to India? when you answer this question ask yourself why. I've posted for two days in a vain attempt to find out more about you guys and all you can do is ostracize those who bring into question what you believe is true and fair. Grow up, get a life, win a world cup (a real one, not that 20/20 crap) and wallow in the sewerage that is this forum
what has curry and Tandoor got to do with it .. and on a serious note : why are you angry ... :omg:
Cause he is a retard. :D
Retard... oh that reminds me of lawson and this is what he said (theage.com.au) Lawson also predicted that an Australian withdrawal from Pakistan would further damage the image of a team yet to recover from the highly controversial Indian series. "There is disaffection generally with the way the Australians behave. There is great respect for their ability … but bugger all respect for the way they play the game."

Lmfao! This thread has turned the united Indian flag into two halves: North and South. This is actually how racist views are created against other people, now before you guys started fighting over who is more agressive who is more calm, just think that you are all part of same damn country fools. Making one side look bad is making the whole look bad, so lurker dont start BS man! aur yeh panga shuru ek gore ne kiya.....:cantstop:

Having watched a few matches live at Mohali, I can vouch that the crowd might not be as sporting as the Chennai crowd(I rate them the highest in India) but are definitely as bad as the Calcutta crowd. Now, Mohali is as North as it gets and Calcutta is not so I don't see how the North-South divide fits in here.