Hypothetical, what if Australia threatened to go home?

If Australia was playing in India and something happened which led to Ponting to say, do something about it or we are abandoning the series and going home.......what would be India's reaction? Would Indian cricket fans care? There were mixed vibes when India threatened to do this over here, just curious to see if the tables were turned

If Australia was playing in India and something happened which led to Ponting to say, do something about it or we are abandoning the series and going home.......what would be India's reaction? Would Indian cricket fans care? There were mixed vibes when India threatened to do this over here, just curious to see if the tables were turned
Depends on the situation mate..

Exactly the same deal, substitute Warne for Harby (not that hard) and Ganguly for Symonds..now...Warne says to Ganguly something with which Ganguly takes racial offense to. Subsequently Warne is charged and suspended under racial villification for which there is no real proof.....Ponting says we're going unless the decision is overturned...

>Exactly the same deal, substitute Warne for Harby (not that hard) and Ganguly for Symonds..now...Warne says to Ganguly something with which Ganguly takes racial offense to. Subsequently Warne is charged and suspended under racial villification for which there is no real proof.....Ponting says we're going unless the decision is overturned do you think ICC Match referee wil ever suspend Aussie? Not even in my wildest dream

If Australia was playing in India and something happened which led to Ponting to say, do something about it or we are abandoning the series and going home.......what would be India's reaction? Would Indian cricket fans care?
Yes they would care Matt. However you have to bear in mind that India is a huge country, our population is probably 20 times that of yours so you will hear mixed reactions. There would be pockets, specially the more aggressive North, where people would be defending India regardless of who is at fault, then there would be more understanding South where you will hear, "In the end cricket was the loser" kind of comment. Most Indian fans would obviously care, in history of cricket there has been no tour abandonment and no host country wants to be the first one to start the trend.
Yes they would care Matt. However you have to bear in mind that India is a huge country, our population is probably 20 times that of yours so you will hear mixed reactions. There would be pockets, specially the more aggressive North, where people would be defending India regardless of who is at fault, then there would be more understanding South where you will hear, "In the end cricket was the loser" kind of comment. Most Indian fans would obviously care, in history of cricket there has been no tour abandonment and no host country wants to be the first one to start the trend.
R u trying to say North Indians are idiots who dont look at reasons??
Yes
Then you just made my point, didnt you? :haha: Dont worry I am from North side as well. Yes my comment is generic of course but thats quite correct. Northies are generally aggressive, at times for no reason, while Southies are often reasonable, even at times when they should perhaps be aggressive. Exceptions are there of course.
Then you just made my point, didnt you? :haha: Dont worry I am from North side as well. Yes my comment is generic of course but thats quite correct. Northies are generally aggressive, at times for no reason, while Southies are often reasonable, even at times when they should perhaps be aggressive. Exceptions are there of course.
My point is u r making it sound as if all Northies r aggressive.
rofl now next question a northy can ask u quoting ur post is "are southiez loserz or cowardz??" :hysterical::hysterical: may be rahul_is_god might just ask u that..
rofl now next question a northy can ask u quoting ur post is "are southiez loserz or cowardz??"
Nah but they are more pragmatic and sane minded I would say. Though I also hate to pigeonhole people based on region. I am reminded of the Chennai Test where Pakistan beat India by 15 odd runs(the one in which Sachin scored hundred in second innings). At the end of the game the Chennai crowd gave a standing ovation to Pakistan which stumped Wasim Akram completely and till date he mentions that as one of his favorite experience on cricket field. Now would Mohali do that to Pakistan in 90s at the height of Kashmir and Kargil? Fuggedabout it. xxx