What about Dravid's/Ganguly's/Sehwag's ODI career now?

How exactly is SCG worse than RU? Although I don't think SCG or RD should be back anymore and SRT also should retire from ODIs soon, but some comments about Dada not being good enough for the ODI team are pure bs.
Assuming RU means Robin Uthappa, no one is debating his batting abilities. He is a gifted left hander with an impeccable sense of timing. Sachin and Sourav have been the most successful opening pair in ODI cricket, despite Sourav's S/R < 80. But, do you remember I think in the finals of the T20 WC, how Imran Nazir was runout by Uthappa? It literally gave us the game because that guy made 33 in only 14 balls. That is where the difference is very visible and unfortunately, against Ganguly. Plus, your comment about Sachin retiring from ODIs, I hope not. I think he has been our best ODI player while Rahul has been our best test player. I think he will find it harder to leave ODIs and focus on test cricket.

Who knows .... based on the "agreement / Plan of action for the future" Kumble had with Pawar, Ganguly, Dravid etc might get a well deserved farewell ODI game against a weaker opponent ... I would not be averse to that scenario. Afterall, these players have served the country with distinction all these years and they deserve to go out with a salute.

Assuming RU means Robin Uthappa, no one is debating his batting abilities. He is a gifted left hander with an impeccable sense of timing. Sachin and Sourav have been the most successful opening pair in ODI cricket, despite Sourav's S/R < 80. But, do you remember I think in the finals of the T20 WC, how Imran Nazir was runout by Uthappa? It literally gave us the game because that guy made 33 in only 14 balls. That is where the difference is very visible and unfortunately, against Ganguly. Plus, your comment about Sachin retiring from ODIs, I hope not. I think he has been our best ODI player while Rahul has been our best test player. I think he will find it harder to leave ODIs and focus on test cricket.
And what about scoring? Scoring more consistently is lot more important than causing a run out once in a blue moon.
S.Ganguly or Slow Ganguly VVS Laxman or VERY VERY SLOW laxman These kind of tortoises are not fit enough to play one day cricket given its intensity today..... These guys may have defined that intensity but they are well past their primes and well into the dusk of their careers..... These guys need to shut up n give their best the borad will do the rest...................
Very Very Slow Laxman? i would have to disagree with u on that one bearing in mind he had a knee injury which prevented him from running at his natural pace, look at him now he runs perfect, hes fully recovered from his knee problem. I dont think Laxman is past his prime yet. You say that blindly my friend hes been one of the top run getters this year and his average is 60 this season, so you need to get your facts straight.

bottom line is, Ganguly needs a series or two before he retires his jersey, its just disrespectful to dump a player of his calibre just like that. He needs to be told by the board in a straight forward manner. Dhoni needs to learn how to respect his teammates and his seniors what gives him the right to talk in such a condescending way. He needs to tribute players like Ganguly, hes giving a wrong impression to the public with his statements.

He doesn't need to run...just watch the ball to the boundary...Very Very Super Laxman is what he is...
indeed thats why i believe he will be a success for the Deccan Chargers, hes a natural stroke player often times we forget because he bats so much down the order
Nevertheless, his fielding prowess is pounding expenses on Indian ODI side but, I think it may be overcome by other means provided Dada fires up with his bat. Only and only if he proves his worth with the bat, he mustnot be barred off the team...be fair.
Why to be fair only to Sourav Ganguly. We actually have been very unfair to the 1983 World Cup Team. They got India the world cup, and joy and pride. All of them should still be playing and should play all their life for India. right? Then after them their children and grandchildren should play for India. It would be so fair to the 1983 world cup team. Bottom line is cricketers play for the pride of the country for which they deserve respect. But sometimes a few cricketers just think about themselves. That is when they look ugly.

@ Rohan and any other Laxman Supporter.... Buddy now a days you gotta convert singles into twos twos into threes n threes into fours..... Laxman may be a good batsman but he aint that good a runner n buddy u've gotta accept that.... He will win a hundred meter dash if and only if his opponent is Ganguly.... Both of them just suck in their athletic abilities................