Lets not forget the lessons learnt

Although we won , we need to start addressing some issues here that are of concern. * Opening the batting - uthappa and sachin have done a good job so far, but is Uthappa wasted up there? Could a Sehwag be more handy? Should Gambhir open? .
The biggest lesson for me is that we can't score big against decent attack without Sachin's contribution. For how long are we going to depend on him? The way he batted, it seemed that he was squeezing the last drop of energy he was left with. I think we'll have to look for two consistent openers, not just one. And this should be selectors' and Dhoni's first aim.
The biggest lesson for me is that we can't score big against decent attack without Sachin's contribution. For how long are we going to depend on him? The way he batted' date=' it seemed that he was squeezing the last drop of energy he was left with. I think we'll have to look for two consistent openers, not just one. And this should be selectors' and Dhoni's first aim.[/quote'] Finally someone who understood that the Indian batting performance was below par.
The biggest lesson for me is that we can't score big against decent attack without Sachin's contribution. For how long are we going to depend on him? The way he batted' date=' it seemed that he was squeezing the last drop of energy he was left with. I think we'll have to look for two consistent openers, not just one. And this should be selectors' and Dhoni's first aim.[/quote'] :thumbs_up: Bhai, well said. Let youngsters set down in opening slots, for eg.: Test - Wasim Jaffar/Robin Uthappa & Gambhir/Parthiv Patel ODI - Robin Uthappa & Gambhir stick to these pairs for sometime and then decide.:musical_note:

Lesson learnt is the old one: SRT is still the boss and the team still depends on him too much for wins. Good news is RS is a good find, specially for tests, Ishant is a revelation, GG is finally finding his feet, UV can't stay out of form forever and Bhajji beat the nasty ozs in their own game comprehensively.