Sachin, Ishant, Bhajji could miss SA Tests

I am fit to play against South Africa: Sachin Sachin Tendulkar on Saturday dispelled concerns that he will not be available for the Test series against South Africa because of fitness related issues, saying he was fully fit to play the series. "I have played the last match. As far as I am concerned I am fit. I have not said anything before on this. I will certainly play against South Africa. There is no doubt," the champion batsman said. More... I am fit to play against South Africa: Sachin March 08, 2008 19:41 IST Sachin Tendulkar [images] on Saturday dispelled concerns that he will not be available for the Test series against South Africa because of fitness related issues, saying he was fully fit to play the series. "I have played the last match. As far as I am concerned I am fit. I have not said anything before on this. I will certainly play against South Africa. There is no doubt," the champion batsman said. Tendulkar was named as the captain of the 'Mumbai Indians' team for the forthcoming Indian Premier League to be held from April 18 and also unveiled the logo of the team at a promotional event in Mumbai. According to news reports, Tendulkar has been advised rest for two weeks by outgoing physiotherapist John Gloster at the end of the tour of Australia. The first Test against South Africa commences in Chennai on March 26.

just saw Tendulkarz int'view during the launch of Ipl team Mumbai Indianz. he said "maine toh kuch bola nahi. aapne khud he question poocha aur khud he answer de diya. mai fit hoon" translation - i didn't say anything.. u asked the question and you answered it yourself. i am fit to play

The Gloster report Cricinfo presents a copy of physio John Gloster's post-Australian tour fitness report for the Indian team. More... Physio submits report of India's tour of Australia The Gloster report Cricinfo staff March 9, 2008 The following is a copy of outgoing physio John Gloster's post-Australian tour fitness report. Post Tour Rehab Advice and Protocols Yuvraj Singh - L ACL deficient knee, subluxation episode Perth Test vs Australia Jan '08 - MRI and investigation with sports physician at that time. Mx plan instigated - Full reassessment with Dr David Young (orthopaedic surgeon) in Melbourne Feb '08. Confirmed his availability to return to cricket (see full report in clinical notes). - Plan post Australia tour will be on emphasis of strengthening and stability without high impact activity. - Must have min 2 weeks (ideally 3) break from cricket and excessive loaded activities. - Emphasis on x-training (swimming, cycling, water running) - Maintenance of stability program, balance exercises and gluteal retraining Things to Watch - pain posterior knee - obvious swelling and persistence of swelling - morning stiffness+ - fielding positions (straighter approach and attack to the ball, care on turning etc) - Instability. Another episode of subluxation and giving way = Surgical Intervention required Ishant Sharma - L great toe - stress # through distal phalanx great toe (left), secondary to shape of phalanx - significant healing/callous formation already evident (Dr. David Young, Dr. Michael Johnson, Dr. Soni). See full reports and scans in clinical notes - min 2 - 3 weeks rest from bowling and running post tour. No compromise on this instruction - allow pain to subside and full healing of # to complete. - Strength and focus on core stability, gluteal strength, quadriceps strength and hamstring/hip flexor flexibility R forefinger acute tendon sheath inflammation - continue with anti-inflammatory techniques (NSAIDS, Ice, Co-Bahn, gel STM etc) until resolved Harbhajan Singh - L hamstring tendon enthesopathy (Dx. Dr David Young) - Will require min 2 weeks rest from bowling and running post tour - To avoid long distance running, running on inclines etc,br> - Continue with deep Tr Friction Rx to area, hamstring release STM, neural stretches etc - To continue to monitor condition. - Once this condition starts to impede his ability to bowl then surgical intervention will need to be considered (see full report, Dr David Young in clinical notes) Sachin Tendulkar - R adductor tendonosis (? enthesopathy) with deep hip flexor involvement - Requires min 2 weeks rest post tour from aggravating (pain inducing) activities - Must not allow this condition to settle into 'chronic phase' otherwise may take further 2 weeks to control - Once pain settles then commencement of deep release massage therapy to region, flexibility for R hip region incl adductors and flexors - Once pain free then recommence basic strength training to adductors initially in water then with band resistance Irfan Pathan - requires min 2 weeks break from competitive cricket to concentrate on conditioning - main focus areas are to be low back, sides and shoulder strength/stability Sreesanth - L ankle instability - Emphasis on continual strength/stability and proprioceptive rehab of L ankle as well as ongoing glut med strengthening - R shoulder and scapular stability maintenance program ++ - ? requires cortisone injection into R DIP forefinger. # 2004, now sensitive+ and requires some form of intervention to alleviate sensitivity from recent knocks Mahendra Singh Dhoni - R hand 4th finger DIP severe sprain ? # 2nd final vs Australia 5th March - Will need to be x-rayed on return to India and treatment avenue pursued