Ganguly should be dropped from test line up

Ganguly was a stand out ODI player and a mediocre test player. If anything he should be the first to make way for some proven performer in the unlimited format of the game. Sure people may argue that he scored 239. You cant forget it was dead pitch and even Yuvraj scored 169 who finds himself in the woods as far as test match cricket is concerned. Maybe a Badrinath or a Chopra and move Gambhir down the order.

No. Ganguly has had a rough trot in Oz but came back strong beforehand and I suspect will do so again. He should be retained in the test squad in my opinion. He has the quality, particularly on Indian pitches, to make the opposition pay heavily. The SA series should be his making or breaking as far as his spot is concerned.

chopra should not be recalled his international scene is over dhoni will oppose him for his feilding badrinath is worth it, but ganguly cannot be sacrificed, atleast let him play some form of cricket, why are all of us disregarding him he'll prove his critics what he is capable of

Like ive said many times, if he was dropped from the ODI team despite being in good form why not drop him from the test team where hes been a mediocre performer. There are tons of players in the domestic circuit who have scored more runs than him and have been left in the cold. But in response to some of you guys. Why not drop Tendulkar then? if you want to drop Rahul Dravid. Ganguly is one of those cricketers who are selfish always cares about himself rather than the team and too prolong careers of players like that it will be awfully hard to integrate the youth. Sooner or later i would like to see Laxman promoted to captaincy he is the perfect man to lead youth and never to doubt hes always been a team man. Line up should look like this one day: Gambhir Sehwag Laxman(Captain) Sharma Badrinath Raina Dhoni Harbhajan Chawla/RP Singh Sharma Zaheer Khan