Ganguly should be dropped from test line up

Ganguly dropped from test team ? :haha: When Sachin prodded around hesitantly against England, it was Ganguly who came in and made some decisive runs. And when India was precariously placed at 90/3 against Pak in the 2nd innings of the Delhi test, it was Ganguly who came, attacked from the start and made sure we won. And who can forget his double 100 when India was 60/4 in the 1st innings of the third test ! Ganguly is the first name I will put on the test-team list right now.

Like ive said many times, if he was dropped from the ODI team despite being in good form why not drop him from the test team where hes been a mediocre performer. There are tons of players in the domestic circuit who have scored more runs than him and have been left in the cold. But in response to some of you guys. Why not drop Tendulkar then? if you want to drop Rahul Dravid. Ganguly is one of those cricketers who are selfish always cares about himself rather than the team and too prolong careers of players like that it will be awfully hard to integrate the youth. Sooner or later i would like to see Laxman promoted to captaincy he is the perfect man to lead youth and never to doubt hes always been a team man. Line up should look like this one day: Gambhir Sehwag Laxman(Captain) Sharma Badrinath Raina Dhoni Harbhajan Chawla/RP Singh Sharma Zaheer Khan
drop tendulkar laxman captain bhajji first choice spinner :hysterical:
this one gets my vote for the idiotic thread of the month :)
I agree with you. and respectfully disagree with OP. How can Ganguly be mediocre and Laxman a great when both of them have almost similar average. Both of them are mediocre in fielding and running between wickets. while Laxman is marginally better in slip catching. While I agree with bringing in new blood, i wouldn't drop SG just yet.
Like ive said many times' date=' if he was dropped from the ODI team despite being in good form why not drop him from the test team where hes been a mediocre performer. There are tons of players in the domestic circuit who have scored more runs than him and have been left in the cold. But in response to some of you guys. [b']Why not drop Tendulkar then? if you want to drop Rahul Dravid. Ganguly is one of those cricketers who are selfish always cares about himself rather than the team and too prolong careers of players like that it will be awfully hard to integrate the youth. Sooner or later i would like to see Laxman promoted to captaincy he is the perfect man to lead youth and never to doubt hes always been a team man. Line up should look like this one day: Gambhir Sehwag Laxman(Captain) Sharma Badrinath Raina Dhoni Harbhajan Chawla/RP Singh Sharma Zaheer Khan
Tell me you are just joking. I know you're a laxman fanatic but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have some common sense.
Ganguly was a stand out ODI player and a mediocre test player. If anything he should be the first to make way for some proven performer in the unlimited format of the game. Sure people may argue that he scored 239. You cant forget it was dead pitch and even Yuvraj scored 169 who finds himself in the woods as far as test match cricket is concerned. Maybe a Badrinath or a Chopra and move Gambhir down the order.
:hysterical::hysterical: twatt, rohan ur an absolute disgrace imo
Ganguly dropped from test team ? :haha: When Sachin prodded around hesitantly against England, it was Ganguly who came in and made some decisive runs. And when India was precariously placed at 90/3 against Pak in the 2nd innings of the Delhi test, it was Ganguly who came, attacked from the start and made sure we won. And who can forget his double 100 when India was 60/4 in the 1st innings of the third test ! Ganguly is the first name I will put on the test-team list right now.
When the going was bad in Melbourne, Ganguly was the ONE Indian batsman who stood up and fought, rather than going down gutlessly. But of course that's forgotten in the Perth hysteria. In Sydney, he also had a good showing - a gorgeous fifty in the first innings, and then the misfortune of being ''caught'' by a cheat and a liar in the second.
When the going was bad in Melbourne, Ganguly was the ONE Indian batsman who stood up and fought, rather than going down gutlessly. But of course that's forgotten in the Perth hysteria. In Sydney, he also had a good showing - a gorgeous fifty in the first innings, and then the misfortune of being ''caught'' by a cheat and a liar in the second.
I think Gangs is still a shoo-in ... however, they are all that stage where they can afford to have a bad series otherwise it will be curtains
Yup, against a good bowling attack, in challenging conditions in a tough match situation, I would back Ganguly fire the most, amongst all Indian batsman.

The Indian team needs to give a farewell to all the seniors over a period of two years. This will ensure a smooth transition to a younger side. Just imagine what will happen if we allow all the seniors to play tests for one more year and then all of them retire in a short period of time. This will be a disaster. The Indian team can start by giving farewell to Ganguly in the coming test series. I am saying Ganguly because he doesn't play well against quality teams.

The Indian team needs to give a farewell to all the seniors over a period of two years. This will ensure a smooth transition to a younger side. Just imagine what will happen if we allow all the seniors to play tests for one more year and then all of them retire in a short period of time. This will be a disaster. The Indian team can start by giving farewell to Ganguly in the coming test series. I am saying Ganguly because he doesn't play well against quality teams.
Yes, SAF were shyte, so was England and Pakistan, oh wait, I take it back for pak.

There is no need for BCCI to let SG and RD to have a farewell tour. If they want then they can declare that it'll be their last tour but to play them just so they can bid farewell is not a great idea PS: I think SG should declare that he will retire after either SAF series or after Aus-Ind series. RD still has 2 years of test cricket left.

bro' date=' ganguly faced some of the fashtesht boilers around when he played against pakistan. all beasts, bro, red meat eating beasts capable of stump splattering pace.[/quote'] Salil are you really saying that Ganguly plays well against quality teams? Just stop this B.S. Ganguly averages close to 30 in tests against Australia, South Africa and West Indies. This tells all the story about Ganguly's batting.

rohan495 is right in this thread. both ganguly & mr defensive dravid need to be dropped from the test team immediately. the team should look like - sehwag jaffer gambhir tendulkar laxman kaif dhoni(w) kumbleĀ© harbhajan/chawla rp singh/zaheer ishant reserves: sreesanth,pravin kumar,rohit sharma