Gavaskar Fired......not yet!

Rajiv

For the attention of Confused Canadians aka "ashamed of color and wannabe whites": Please be educated on the fact there can be no "conflict of interest", unless the primary interests of the ICC is clearly defined. Note that the moment ICC had appointed Gavaskar as Chairman of cricket committee, it was a de facto acceptance of his role as a commentator not being in conflict with ICC policy. Note that Gavaskar is NOT the only commentator with an active role in the ICC. IF there would have been any anticipation of any commentator potentially acting against the interests of ICC, then if it indeed was part of ICC policy, such a person could not have been appointed. Having appointed the person with no clause whatsoever on his other roles or their potential conflics of interests with ICC ( which again , is undefined), de facto becomes de jure ( I am laboring the point , just for the feeble intellects of confused Canadians, other normal adults please bear with this) Calling Eng/Aus as dinosaurs doesnt translate as "racist"...perhaps the metaphor is lost on confused canadians. Being confused maketh not a Confucious
Calling symo a monkey amounted to racism and since dinosaurs were much bigger, it must be amounting to worse racism.
Spot on....the phrase 'conflict of interest' never really crossed Sunny's mind...or i guess like the plethora of inferiority-complex ridden desis here' date=' he figured that BCCI's money equalling power-clout will see him get special treatment....good riddance as i said.[/quote'] Agreed 100%
For the attention of Confused Canadians aka "ashamed of color and wannabe whites": Please be educated on the fact there can be no "conflict of interest", unless the primary interests of the ICC is clearly defined. Note that the moment ICC had appointed Gavaskar as Chairman of cricket committee, it was a de facto acceptance of his role as a commentator not being in conflict with ICC policy. Note that Gavaskar is NOT the only commentator with an active role in the ICC. IF there would have been any anticipation of any commentator potentially acting against the interests of ICC, then if it indeed was part of ICC policy, such a person could not have been appointed. Having appointed the person with no clause whatsoever on his other roles or their potential conflics of interests with ICC ( which again , is undefined), de facto becomes de jure ( I am laboring the point , just for the feeble intellects of confused Canadians, other normal adults please bear with this) Calling Eng/Aus as dinosaurs doesnt translate as "racist"...perhaps the metaphor is lost on confused canadians. Being confused maketh not a Confucious
I understand that there was no written agreement between ICC and Gavaskar but that does not give Gavaskar a license to negatively criticize ICC endlessly. How can an employee publicly accuse his own organization of serious offenses like partiality? If ICC is that bad, Sunny should have quit it. Sunny assumed an important position in ICC. In a way, he represented ICC. But he always spoke from a third party point of view. I dont recall him say that "we" in ICC have been doing things wrong. His responsibility was to raise the points internally and try to bring about an effective solution. If they are not listening to him, he should have quit.
For the attention of Confused Canadians aka "ashamed of color and wannabe whites":
I find it ironic that I am yet to mention race as an issue here and those who challenge me routinely expose their racist and inferiority complex ridden nature by making it a race issue. It is also ironic that the points i raise have nothing to do with race and criticising Indian culture/Indian idjits on ICC panel is viewed as 'white boot-lickers'....nothing more than sad, pathetic and insecure existance of those who bring up race lies exposed.
Please be educated on the fact there can be no "conflict of interest", unless the primary interests of the ICC is clearly defined.
False. The company is NOT obligated to precisely define its interests for it to charge you with conflict of interest and have it upheld in a court of law. Numerous such examples exist. Not to mention, ICC primary interests are well defined to begin with.
Note that the moment ICC had appointed Gavaskar as Chairman of cricket committee, it was a de facto acceptance of his role as a commentator not being in conflict with ICC policy.
False. Conflict of interest is in an action as well, not only in a post, champ.
IF there would have been any anticipation of any commentator potentially acting against the interests of ICC, then if it indeed was part of ICC policy, such a person could not have been appointed
Incorrect.
Having appointed the person with no clause whatsoever on his other roles or their potential conflics of interests with ICC ( which again , is undefined),
Incorrect, it is NOT undefined.
Calling Eng/Aus as dinosaurs doesnt translate as "racist"...perhaps the metaphor is lost on confused canadians.
And what is lost on confused, insecure and chip-on-shoulder desis is that calling *THE* dominant team on the field a 'dinosaur' is nothing less than the height of absurdity.
His responsibility was to raise the points internally and try to bring about an effective solution. If they are not listening to him, he should have quit.
Precisely...Sunny showed his usual greed for money by spinning a juicy story filled with racist vitriol, which he knew that our mass of racist, insecure and chip-on-shoulder desis, who counter each and every factual/legitimate criticism of India with 'white-boot-licker' comments, would gobble up with glee.
Guest HariSampath

Attn : Confused Canadians : Australia too has just won ONE test series in India over a period of 38 years. When seen in the context of at least TWO series that India should have won based on the cricket ( minus umpiring)...and the fact that India is currently # 2 ( should have been # 1), speaks volumes of India's on field achievements. India was the first to break the mighty Windies stranglehold on the World stage in ODI/world cups, NOT Australia. India was the first to win a major world ODI tournament IN AUS. In recent times, Indian ODI record against Aus and also T20 record clearly shows who has owned Aus recently, a fact accepted even by Aussie senior players. By calling T20 pyjama cricket or India's achievements "mediocre" despite these publicly known facts , the confusion and identity crisis of Confused wannabe white canadians stands proved in as clear a manner as possible: This is merely an apologetic translation of " White/west is best, all else next...no dont show me facts, I cant read"

Guest HariSampath
I find it ironic that I am yet to mention race as an issue here and those who challenge me routinely expose their racist and inferiority complex ridden nature by making it a race issue. It is also ironic that the points i raise have nothing to do with race and criticising Indian culture/Indian idjits on ICC panel is viewed as 'white boot-lickers'....nothing more than sad, pathetic and insecure existance of those who bring up race lies exposed.
Earlier comment
Nothing factual about insecure rants about 'evil biassed racist English/Aussies'.
Where has Gavaskar called ICC racist ??
Attn : Confused Canadians : Australia too has just won ONE test series in India over a period of 38 years. When seen in the context of at least TWO series that India should have won based on the cricket ( minus umpiring)...and the fact that India is currently # 2 ( should have been # 1), speaks volumes of India's on field achievements. India was the first to break the mighty Windies stranglehold on the World stage in ODI/world cups, NOT Australia. India was the first to win a major world ODI tournament IN AUS. In recent times, Indian ODI record against Aus and also T20 record clearly shows who has owned Aus recently, a fact accepted even by Aussie senior players. By calling T20 pyjama cricket or India's achievements "mediocre" despite these publicly known facts , the confusion and identity crisis of Confused wannabe white canadians stands proved in as clear a manner as possible: This is merely an apologetic translation of " White/west is best, all else next...no dont show me facts, I cant read"
Well, I agree with you on that. India has been fighting Australia quite equally and if it was not for the poor umpiring decisions, the stats would be screaming in favor of India. As far as pyjama cricket is considered, I remember the English coining the term when they found themselves lacking in ODI skills. They are always too obsessed with Ashes to realize that there is more to the game. For them ashes is cricket and the rest is practice for ashes. Pyjama cricket actually stands for sour grapes. Losers!!
Australia too has just won ONE test series in India over a period of 38 years
So what ? They've dominated EVERY OTHER TEAM which India can only dream of doing so far...has won the world cup 3 consecutive times and made the final 4 consecutive times.....they've won just ONE test series in India in 38 years....while India is YET to win a test series in Australia..... if you are arguing that Australia isnt the dominant team in cricket, you've seriously lost it.
and the fact that India is currently # 2 ( should have been # 1), speaks volumes of India's on field achievements.
There is a huge gulf between #2 and #1...while #2-#5 are in a photo-finish. And 'should've been #1' ? Pffft......sonny, i don't know which school you attended, obviously not a very bright one, since you think that having hypothetically won ONE series vs the #1 team would've made India #1, against a team that has lost only TWO series in the last 10+ years!
India was the first to break the mighty Windies stranglehold on the World stage in ODI/world cups, NOT Australia.
One swallow does not a summer make...and WI utterly annihilated India in both forms of the game for the next several years to categorically prove that it was a total fluke.
India was the first to win a major world ODI tournament IN AUS.
FALSE! Pakistan won the world cup in Australia in 92....they also won the VBS series in 97 or 98, having beat West Indies....like i said, your comments are not only baseless, its liberally tinged with utter falsehood that only further demonstrates your unhinged nature.
In recent times, Indian ODI record against Aus and also T20 record clearly shows who has owned Aus recently, a fact accepted even by Aussie senior players.
Again, one series doesn't change the equation, sonny. Care to post India's last 10 ODI record & test record vs the Aussies ??
By calling T20 pyjama cricket or India's achievements "mediocre" despite these publicly known facts , the confusion and identity crisis of Confused wannabe white canadians stands proved in as clear a manner as possible: This is merely an apologetic translation of " White/west is best, all else next...no dont show me facts, I cant read"
What is publicly known fact is that you make up BULL$HIT claims like 'india first to win a major series in Australia' and that Australia have dominated the world circuit for 10+ years, not the first time either and India, in no period, has accomplished even HALF of what Australia has so far in their latest stint of domination...And again,your 'white/west is best, all else next' comment only shows your insecurity and inferiority in mind.....besides, west **IS** the best place to live.....which is why you have millions of desis living in the west...not millions of westerners living in the overcrowded, overpolluted and unhygenic cesspools of India.
Earlier comment Quote Nothing factual about insecure rants about 'evil biassed racist English/Aussies'. Where has Gavaskar called ICC racist ??
I suggest you get better educated in English....for single quotations imply paraphrasing,not quoting. But i suppose a half-literate insecure fool like you will try to hide your inadequate comprehension yet again by calling it 'semantics'. I warn you- don't try wordplay with me...you are nowhere as skilled or learned enough to get anywhere against me in this medium of instruction.
But i suppose a half-literate insecure fool like you will try to hide your inadequate comprehension yet again by calling it 'semantics'. I warn you- don't try wordplay with me...you are nowhere as skilled or learned enough to get anywhere against me in this medium of instruction.
Come on CC...ease up man...don't be so high and mighty...
Precisely...Sunny showed his usual greed for money by spinning a juicy story filled with racist vitriol' date=' which he knew that our mass of racist, insecure and chip-on-shoulder desis, who counter each and every factual/legitimate criticism of India with 'white-boot-licker' comments, would gobble up with glee.[/quote'] You might agree with me, but I dont agree with you. Your statement is way different from mine.