Why Sachin is a legend

CSK Fan

I'm not taking anything away from Sehwags innings or Yuvraj's innings as they both were quite brilliant. But since you're only looking at numbers and keep yapping on about how Lara's innings was better because he scored 5 more runs or whatever. You forget the impact Sachin has at the crease. About getting personal, I've seen your lack of respect for other posters, so don't suddenly act like a saint
5 runs ? It was 50 runs more and half his sides total on the 5th day against the No.1 side inthe world . Are you even talking about the same matches ?
Are you trying to say batsmen win matches or that SRT has scored runs in defeats as well ?
He says you shouldn't call India a one man team because its an insult to some of the class performers we had, but lets put the blame of matches lost on Tendulkar because he scored runs and others didn't :hmmmm:

^ No one is obliged to get convinced by anyone. And no one's opinion can be forced onto others. One must have a pretty lame real life to worry about "reputation" on a message board over expressing heart felt opinions. I honestly could'nt give a flying f****. What amuses me no end is the sheer hypocricy. A section can go on and on and on about someone's personal's milestones to the point that the whole board becomes nauseatic. But when a few difference of opinions are expressed the same sect of uncouth holligans, who must have a pretty hopeless life outside the MB react with personal abuse as if someone pointed a finger at their family member. And I am not the only one who has a distinct difference of opinion , others like Dhondy, Bumper e..and a few others also feel the same. Only they express their views more discretely. ANy wonder that Dhondy has stopped posting for a while ?

I have the same sort of stats thread for VS as there are for SRT if thats what pissing you off. Doc goes into hibernation from time to time and had given up on Sehwag unlike yours truly. :--D
Huh ..the last dhondy posted here was when a bunch a rabid SRTfans..derailed a thread with abuse and spam. Here is what he last posted.
Thank you for derailing another thread guys. ******ing idiots.
http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=208678&page=6
Haha, Sooda. I greatly admire SRT's ambition and drive. That greed is good to have. That is something everyone can take a lesson from.
^ Dude - unless it is a typo - you have some serious educational deficiency - at least in subject matter of "passion vs greed" and how it translates to "success" (in terms of widely accepted definition of success). Here is a quick search result : http://jasonseiden.com/greed-is-good-said-gordon-gecko-and-the-weak-minded-self-destrutor-listened/ I am not claiming that this link is the authority on the subject matter, but from my experience and understanding - what this conveys is what most 'learned' people (and successful/legendary sportsmen) would agree to. Also - if you have 100 Rs and 2-3 hours to spare then I recommend reading this: (success vs joy - Geet Sethi) http://sapnaonline.com/MoreInfoBK.aspx?lcID=EBK0124419 It would be easiest for you to understand if you have been truly passionate about even one thing in your life (given that you understand passion).
And then theres this little other thing ... patriot conviniently declares which inngs is more important depending on the player he choses to compare SRT against ... if its Sehwag then Matches are supposedly set up in the first inngs. If its Ponting then its the 2nd inngs. That pretty much sums up the intent behind all this.
Consider this. With Sehwag its all about strike rtaes which Sachin can never achieve but the same standards does not apply to Dravid and Ponting who can be th greates without great strike rates. With Dravid vs Sachin its secoind innings and matches won but the same does not apply for Sehwag. With Ponting/Sanga/Kallis VS Sachin its who has the higher average but the same doesnt apply to Dravid, Sehwag or Gavaskar. This guy wants Sachin to have Sehwag's strike rate, an average of 60+, highest number of matches won, etc, ect. but with other batsmen (ex Sehwag) he is satisifed with them excelling in one paramenter. Patriot is a hypocrite of the highest order i have ever seen
Consider this. With Sehwag its all about strike rtaes which Sachin can never achieve but the same standards does not apply to Dravid and Ponting who can be th greates without great strike rates. With Dravid vs Sachin its secoind innings and matches won but the same does not apply for Sehwag. With Ponting/Sanga/Kallis VS Sachin its who has the higher average but the same doesnt apply to Dravid, Sehwag or Gavaskar. This guy wants Sachin to have Sehwag's strike rate, an average of 60+, highest number of matches won, etc, ect. but with other batsmen (ex Sehwag) he is satisifed with them excelling in one paramenter. Patriot is a hypocrite of the highest order i have ever seen
Fact of the matter is if you take out minnows like Bangladesh Sachin's test average is the least among the lot of Ponting, Lara and Sehwag. And his strike rate is by far the least. Fact of the matter is for over a decade now, since 2000 ( hence half his playing career ), he has been bettered by no less than 10 batsmen if you take out minnows. He has neither dominated by utterly pulverizing bowling attacks like Sehwag ( infact his strike rate in an era of the flattest tracks ever is that of a plodder ), nor has he been a standout in terms of either average or runs scored. His record is purely a function of playing a record matches. Quantity but not necessarily quality. yeah I am a hypocrite, if that makes you feel better.:hysterical:
Fact of the matter is if you take out minnows like Bangladesh Sachin's test average is the least among the lot of Ponting, Lara and Sehwag. And his strike rate is by far the least. Fact of the matter is for over a decade now, since 2000 ( hence half his playing career ), he has been bettered by no less than 10 batsmen if you take out minnows. He has neither dominated by utterly pulverizing bowling attacks like Sehwag ( infact his strike rate in an era of the flattest tracks ever is that of a plodder ), nor has he been a standout in terms of either average or runs scored. His record is purely a function of playing a record matches. Quantity but not necessarily quality. yeah I am a hypocrite, if that makes you feel better.:hysterical:
First of all, your post has got nothing to do with what that poster said. You simply posted this because you had no replies to his post. You were thoroughly embarrassed because he slapped you with the bitter truth about you. So instead you started blabbing about something else avoiding the main topic to save yourself from the embarrassment. Secondly, Tendulkar doesn't need to have the highest average in the last decade. It was a decade of FTB's everywhere. I'm sure even a monkey could have averaged above 50 in the last era provided it was trained how to hold a bat. He was plagued by injuries throughout the last decade, yet he managed an average of about 54. What matters is that he was the highest averaging batsman in the 90's by a kilo country-mile. It was an era where bowlers dominated, not batsman. It was an era where there were no minnows. Only 4 batsman averaged more than 50 from 1st January, 1990 to 31st December, 1999 (among those who played a minimum of 20 Test matches in that period). Here are they - Tendulkar - 58 (ave), 100/innings ratio - 4.9 S. Waugh - 53.10 (ave), 100/innings ratio - 7.94 Lara - 51.60 (ave), 100/innings ratio - 8.61 Gooch - 51.55 (ave), 100/innings ratio - 6.91 And if you still want to take out performance against Zimbabwe from the above figures - Tendulkar - 59.38 (ave), 100/innings ratio - 4.77 S. Waugh - 51.81 (ave), 100/innings ratio - 8.35 Lara - 51.60 (ave), 100/innings ratio - 8.61 Gooch - 51.55 (ave), 100/innings ratio - 6.91 Link: http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_average;qualmin1=20;qualval1=matches;spanmax1=31+Dec+1999;spanmin1=01+Jan+1990;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=batting_average;qualmin1=20;qualval1=matches;spanmax1=31+Dec+1999;spanmin1=01+Jan+1990;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting