Playing with Fire (Nasser Hussain)

Just finished reading his autobiography cover to cover - the second time I've gone through this, after buying it a little over a year ago and reading it then. It's an outstanding read. The man writes with the same honesty with which he always confronted his critics, holds nothing back and at the same time doesn't try and create controversy for the sake of it. His criticisms of the ECB, the English system in the mid 90s and the always incompetent ICC are dead on, and my respect for the man has gone up even further for seeing what he had to deal with as a captain and a leader in situations like the Zimbabwe pull out in 2003 and just about anything involving English selectors. Smash open a piggy bank or vault if you have to in order to buy this. Fantastic stuff. [Next read queued up for when the cricket's boring - Imran Khan's All Round View.]

www.amazon.co.uk Shouldn't stop you. Whatever the shipping cost is, it'll be offset by the fantastic prices on some of the great second hand classics out there. I recently got used copies of Jack Fingleton's outstanding Batting from Memory and Don Mosey's Boycott - probably the finest book I've read on Sir Geoffrey, and paid a pittance. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0726973645/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1207630276&sr=8-5 - here's one of the finest books out there btw at a laughable price... Ramachandra Guha listed this among his 50 Greatest pieces of literature on the game - a fantastic overview of the Australian cricket captains. (hilarious to think that the ghost written pieces of shyte with Ponting and Flintoff's names underneath go at about several times the cost in bookshelves, and are barely worth the paper they're written on)

Actually Salil, When Nasser was a cricketer, I didn't think much of him...also thought he was obnoxious to the extreme...but after cricket, have seen him commentate and discuss cricket, tactics and players...and to my surprise, he's actually suprisingly forthright, honest and has a deep understanding of the game...my opinion of him has changed totally. Will try to get my hands on the book and have a read. Thanks. @Ravi...ya...Viv is a super legend man...even if it was an ordinary account of his exploits, it would be riveting....but by the sounds of it, it's much more...