India will learn soccer from Brazil and Brazil will learn cricket from India

DomainK

why is INdia not improving (well maybe they are but it seems like they are stagnant) even with domestic leagues and foreign players. Is it simply that the talent threshold has been reached?
The lack of progress has more to do with Indians' physique and fitness - they are just too damn weak to play sports like these. Indians have the weakest legs imaginable and poor stamina in general. Although it's nice to see more and more kids playing football. Last time i was in Delhi, i noticed that plenty of kids played football quite regularly in the parks. They weren't very good but they were enjoying themselves. The problem is that there is no formal coaching system or academy for kids who want to take it up, so it's a hobby at best.
The lack of progress has more to do with Indians' physique and fitness - they are just too damn weak to play sports like these. Indians have the weakest legs imaginable and poor stamina in general. Although it's nice to see more and more kids playing football. Last time i was in Delhi, i noticed that plenty of kids played football quite regularly in the parks. They weren't very good but they were enjoying themselves. The problem is that there is no formal coaching system or academy for kids who want to take it up, so it's a hobby at best.
Don't think thats a new trend. When I was in school many many moons back, football was still a very popular sport in school and university. I would say we used to play as much if not more football than cricket, but it's a dead end sport. There is no proper coaching, as you pointed out, or established league structure to take the next step. In cricket, there is good coaching available, there are competitive district under 19 tournaments etc. Football hardly has anything beyond the school level and even really good players at the school level have no avenues to go to in the future. In our university, there used to almost year round cricket with other colleges and universities as part of proper tournaments. There used to be one facked up football tournament in which cr@ppy colleges from the local area would just get together to kick some ball and drink in the night.
There used to be one facked up football tournament in which cr@ppy colleges from the local area would just get together to kick some ball and drink in the night.
Nice...:haha: In India, sport is just a synonym for cricket. Whenever I told someone i played sport, they would ask me whether i was a batsman or a bowler. Professionally, India just doesn't play any other sport, moreso now as hockey is dying (if not dead already) and so is tennis. Cricket's dominance over India's sports scene isn't doing much for the development of Indian football, tennis, etc. and things will just get worse now that we have the ICL, IPL, etc. Kids will soon realize that they don't need to reach the national team in order to earn a good salary.
Win Win for everyone.
Why on earth will Brazilians exchange their hot, inhibitionless women for our mostly ugly,overweight and conservative-minded women ??? Sure, as a desi, its a great deal from my perspective, but i can't help think we are royally shafting the Brazilians by this 'deal'. :haha:
Why on earth will Brazilians exchange their hot, inhibitionless women for our mostly ugly,overweight and conservative-minded women ??? Sure, as a desi, its a great deal from my perspective, but i can't help think we are royally shafting the Brazilians by this 'deal'. :haha:
Damn, you beat me to it. I'm usually the schmuck who makes these commments
We can try peddling them some spiritual BS about Kamasutra etc. We've got damn good peddlers in the country. Some fack even sold the Taj Mahal whats a few Indian women!
Don't think thats a new trend. When I was in school many many moons back' date=' football was still a very popular sport in school and university. I would say we used to play as much if not more football than cricket, but it's a dead end sport. [b']There is no proper coaching, as you pointed out, or established league structure to take the next step. In cricket, there is good coaching available, there are competitive district under 19 tournaments etc. Football hardly has anything beyond the school level and even really good players at the school level have no avenues to go to in the future. In our university, there used to almost year round cricket with other colleges and universities as part of proper tournaments. There used to be one facked up football tournament in which cr@ppy colleges from the local area would just get together to kick some ball and drink in the night.
Australia has coaching and practice facilities for all major sports from Netball, basketball , swimming ,Tennis , soccer, cricket, hockey etc etc etc . People in this country love sports and its a part of their life. Most of the Aussies I know (even in their 30's and 40's) are members of some club and are actively contributing by playing , administering or coaching. They take it very seriously and its a part of their life. Here people play sport because its their hobby or for physical fitness or just because they love it and if they are exceptional at it then they turn pro where as in India its all about money (for different reasons though!).