Yadav - what an iidiot

swami1984

if a high profile youngster like rayudu can be subjected to such treatment, one can shuddert to think what can happen to the more unknown.
You don't need a second guess on it. Its so corrupt down there that most of the real talent gets filtered out at the district level itself. I have first hand knowledge of this and it really sucks man. I thought IPL or ICL would atleast provide some good opportunities, with talent scouts unearthing special talents, but they are just getting the local talent predominantly from the state teams. I don't remember whether I have posted on this forum,- IMO the root of the problems of Indian cricket are 1) Selections based on open trials at the district level rather than from some leagues. 2) Overaged cricketers representing the junior teams. I have seen 20 year old people shaving their moustache and beard and representing under-12 teams.

Guest HariSampath

Let me share a couple of interesting emails about Rayudu and one from him too. I had emailed him from the US after he got a 60 something, saying he should have got a big 100, but still I spoke to some friends and got him a good write up in the papers. Here is what he wrote, nothing personal at all so I am sharing :-)

how are you?i am really happy to recieve a mail from you.yes sir i know i should have got a big hundred and i will try to get one next game.i am going to bangalore on 4th to play the ranji one days and i wish to get some runs there. i have read the article in the hindu.once again i am really happy to hear from you and i will try to do well in the coming season. bye rayudu
I asked a friend of mine to check out Rayudu that season when he went to England with India A...and mailed Rayudu that my friend will be watching him at some London game and if he does well, he may expect a league contract, as that chap wanted to see all India A players. One look at Rayudu and this is the email I got...
HARI THIS LAD A.Rayudu can play! He slaughtered the Surrey bowlers, to an impressive ton. Could not meet him though. He might go to Switzerland with Sriram, I gather, after the tour on 2/8. I missed Sriram's hundred though I met him at the ground. The A team are doing well and ALL the batsmen except Vijay Bharadwaj have run into form. The schedule is good as the board has chosen to come in late June and July, which is good for batting. I am doing allright at Southweald.
In fact almost everyone whom I had known in fc cricket, news correspondents, county club agents, cricketers etc , anyone who had seen Rayudu play had told me he was hugely gifted and was such a natural striker of a ball. I have no doubts at all that Rayudu was genuinely "done in" by a corrupt system and the BCCI did nothing to prevent it.

man it boils my blood to see such a talent go down the drain coz of politics..y the fack cant someone do something abt this..i still remember reading an article abt rayadu in sportstar some 4 years back after his innings in england saying that "v jus have unearthed the next batting superstar"..and i was hoping to see him in india colors soon..but coz of this shitty politics he is being treated like this..i jus hope he makes it to the national side somehow wen he is still at his prime..get those facking yadavs out of cricket..well somethings never change in indian cricket :((

This is such a cool thread!! As ICL starts to unearth more talent, there would be some pressure on the BCCI... It's a battle of EGOs now. And anways, does/will ICL have the drive to continue after the way IPL has done? However, even I wish talent gets recognized. But, that's an ideal world...

its yadavs presence which will destroy the deccan chargers. i hope that the icl gets unbanned & players like rayudu, khaleel & stuart binny play for deccan chargers in 2009 with rayudu even getting a chance to play for india and i hope anirudh srikanth replaces parthiv for chennai in the next match. anirudh is a merit-based player

Its good that some High Profile owners are losing matches.. i saw a news report today..that Mallaya wanted some more powers to franchise owners... and lambasted Charu Sharma and Jaffer,,,:haha: ICL is not bad..as many unknown players have got livelihood because of ICL... But BCCI must change their stance and allow ICL players to be selected for all the games