bhajji or YKP for ODIs?

fineleg

bhajji or YKP for ODIs?  

1. 1.

• Bhajji
    • Yusuf Pathan
    • both in the 11...who will u leave out?
    • Other options - explain

Why on earth? He has been ordinary' date=' mediocore, below standards, wicketless, show pony in ODIs for years now.[/quote'] Better than others.Very good fielder, economical and more than handy with the bat. and for recent performances: look at cb series and this last test series.Now you will know why on earth. g'day

Better than others. Other who? Who else was given 2 years in the team despite doing nothing? When Powar played with him, he outperformed Bhajji. Murali was good too. Very good fielder, economical and more than handy with the bat. An ok, fileder, so is Karthik. Yosuf is a handy bat too. Bhajji never comes good when needed with the bat, just a slogger and for recent performances: look at cb series and this last test series.Now you will know why on earth. What one earth did he do in CB series? It was our pacers who did maximum damage earlier allowing even Sehwag to bowl coniomically. And his tests match performances was at home like all his good matches and that too after a long long time. g'day
^^

^^
dude, I rest my case if you think bhajji didnt do anything in cb series...getting the crucial wickets of hayden and symmo in the finals was nuttin? the economical spell? lol slogger bhajji more often than not deliver runs when required. who got us back in the twnety 20 worldcup semifinal against aus? for something India won which it doesnt often. I can go on but I rest my case against the usual bias and not in the mood. later

dude, I rest my case if you think bhajji didnt do anything in cb series...getting the crucial wickets of hayden and symmo in the finals was nuttin? the economical spell? lol slogger bhajji more often than not deliver runs when required. who got us back in the twnety 20 worldcup semifinal against aus? for something India won which it doesnt often. I can go on but I rest my case against the usual bias and not in the mood. later
Bhajji did take crucial wickets in one match, in the other, one was a run out. Its very easy to bowl econimcally when your fast bowler has done most of the damage up front. A regular bowler should tkae more than 1 or 2 wickets in at least 50% of matches. Bhajji didnt do that once. Even Sehwag took crucial wickets and bowled economically, so wt? And Bhajji has let us down when crucial runs were needed. He is a slogger who soemtinmes succeds.

Can Yusuf pathan bowl 8-10 good overs in ODIs? If so, can he replace bhajji as offspinner?
Yes, surely he can bowl through ODIs. He is a spinner at Ranji level, though not recognized as Bhajji or Powar.
i don't really like the comparison between the two.. i don't know what made u compare both of them..
Agreed. There shouldn't be any comparision between them. YKP is best for using as a utility player than a strike bowler(ignoring his local experience as a good experience at national level) for having handful strokes in his bat. He can give good allround display inspite of the accepted terms that he is not a good spinner. Above all its the time and performance, that decide!
i cant understand whats so wrong with yusuf pathans bowling...with his batting' date=' he can change the course of the odi within 3-4 overs.[/quote'] I appreciate Amit's informative effort regarding producing factual stats of YKP in Ranji.
yusuf cannot fill in for a proper bowler.
Agreed, but he can be a standby like others. He is a smart fielder and a bombastic striker of the ball. Best utility will be in ODIs in addition to T20.
Better than others.Very good fielder, economical and more than handy with the bat and for recent performances: look at cb series and this last test series.Now you will know why on earth. g'day
Comparing to Bhajji is certainly an unreasonable thought, but striking off a name is not fair on the part of YKP. There is a lot of difference in the presence value of both of them, Bhajji is an aggressive flat bowler with vast experience behind him. YKP is a moderate bowler who bowls flighted + inviting + flat deliveries with handy experience at national level.

Bhajji is a top class spinner and Yusuf Pathan is a top class allrounder. If Yusuf Pathan wants a spot he would have to compete with his brother or even Sehwag for that matter. I would take both into the squad. I consider Yusuf Pathan a more consistent version of Afridi. With all due respect to Yusuf Pathan, hes simply a great t20 cricketer beyond that i dont see him being a constent member of an ODI or TEST squad.

Bhajji is a top class spinner and Yusuf Pathan is a top class allrounder. If Yusuf Pathan wants a spot he would have to compete with his brother or even Sehwag for that matter. I would take both into the squad. I consider Yusuf Pathan a more consistent version of Afridi. With all due respect to Yusuf Pathan' date=' hes simply a great t20 cricketer beyond that i dont see him being a constent member of an ODI or TEST squad.[/quote'] very reasonable statement... I think a slot in ODI's squad is very much difficult for YKP, its very much intact and tight...his option for T20 is wide open... what goes on...its the time to say!

yusuf pathan plays as a bowler who can bat a bit in fc matches. comes in at no.7 usually. and yusuf pathan was the 2nd highest wicket-taker among spinners in ranji trophy, just behind piyush chawla taking 27 wickets in 7 matches. yusuf pathan even spun west zone to a win over england a in the duleep trophy this year taking 5 wickets in the 2nd innings it wont be too much of an ask from yusuf pathan to bowl 8-10 overs in odis. if yusuf pathan can bowl 10 overs for 50 or less in odis, then he would have done a good job

yusuf pathan plays as a bowler who can bat a bit in fc matches. comes in at no.7 usually. and yusuf pathan was the 2nd highest wicket-taker among spinners in ranji trophy, just behind piyush chawla taking 27 wickets in 7 matches. yusuf pathan even spun west zone to a win over england a in the duleep trophy this year taking 5 wickets in the 2nd innings it wont be too much of an ask from yusuf pathan to bowl 8-10 overs in odis. if yusuf pathan can bowl 10 overs for 50 or less in odis, then he would have done a good job
Agreed from your point of view, still there is no comparision between Bhajji-Yusuf! Now, he may be compared to Anil Kumble only. Anil Kumble is the only one who is above Bhajji and he may only be measured with the top-class.