Pathan

Re: Pathan

I would pick anyone over crapthans shocking bowling. I remeber being slaughtered by evryone a year back when I kept saying his bowling was rubbish. Now glad to see I was right and everyone was wrong :hmph: Would it be to much for some retractions and even apologies.
ermm...a year ago his bowling WASN'T rubbish. That is why you were slaughtered- because you were wrong. Now it isn't great...there is such a thing as 'form' you know... :chin:
No, he was bowling rubbish a year ago, as I saw early that his bowling was poor, wayward and slow. He might have had half decent stats but to the cricket eye he was bowling cr#p. I have been proved correct.
o yeah!! i forgot you're always right and ALL critics, pundits and other fans in the world are wrong!!! So crap was he in fact, that he took lots of wickets! The oppo batsmen were surely stunned into submission by his crapness- that explains his excellent one day record :wtg:

Even when he did fluke those wickets his economy rate was always cr#p. He was over hyped. His test record has always been rubbish as well. lucky sob to be in squad
tell me seriously.. last time SL toured india, did u see the games? he was swinging the ball like crazy! okay.. do this go to google video/youtube and see his hattrick see the third ball... absolutely unplayable... after that, look into the mirror, make a straight face, and say pathan cannot bowl

Re: Pathan Agree with DSR Pathan was a good bowler but was hyped far more than what he deserved, he was made to sound like a star. I've heard DSR like remarks from X-Players. They didn't say he was crap but they said the hype that followed was way too much than he deserved. He was a good bowler and to become better he had to improve but unfortunately with no improvement he has lost the plot.

Re: Pathan ^ he was hyped...but then who isnt- Zaheer khan was the next big thing wasnt he when he came on the scene in the ICC KO tourno, he had the trademark great 2 years that our young pacemen have and faded before this comeback look at how Munaf was hailed as Dennis Lillee reincarnated. Sree santh is being really hyped after ONE good series- admittedly he looks the bogs dollocks ( as does Munaf) - but give them time. IKP was no more hyped than anyone else. Think about how good he was when he first came on to the scene- in Aus, that series away vs Pak- he was excellent- pace movement- everything. then he changed his action, grip, fack knows what, lost his pace...and he's shot to bits. he was super for ages last season...we took it for granted and struggled with him (amongst others) not in form later... he'll be back.

Think about how good he was when he first came on to the scene- in Aus, that series away vs Pak- he was excellent- pace movement- everything. then he changed his action, grip, fack knows what, lost his pace...and he's shot to bits.
That excatly is what is called hype. Pathan didn't have pace in the first place to lose it. I watched his bowling in Australia recently and he barely reached mid 130s even those days. He bowled just fine not like a champion. Moreover I was of the impression he is here to stay and I mentioned X-Indian cricketers I spoke to mentioned the hype about Pathan. All they said was there is way too much pressure on him to perform but he is not that good to turn up massive performances day in day out with the ball. I was convinced he was "The Star" only to be proved otherwise. On the other hand I mentioned to these X-Cricketers about a year or two ago Zaheer is a waste of space now that he had lost pace and swing. They insisted he is still good enough, this was about 2-3 years ago. Today we all know how good a come back he has made.

Re: Pathan Fair enough I won't debate with that but I can upload several videos he bowled at mid 120s too in that game. Wonder how many times he bowled at 140 though? I will revisit and let you know. From my memory not too many were quick enough.

Re: Pathan He was undoubtedly quicker when he started off. In any case an ODI bowling average of 25 and 115 wickets in 73 matches is very good. Wonder if all those ex cricketers were saying Pathan is 'not that good' when he was in such inspired form last season...and in fact turning in performances with BAT and ball...

Re: Pathan None denied he was a handy all rounder. It is a fact he was projected as the best bowler in the world while he still had a lot to prove and work on. Even I was of the opinion he will go places. Guess the ones that are actively involved with cricket know better than the usual "Hype the player" media or fans. When Zaheer was down and out these guys didn't say he was bad or anything. They clearly said he is good enough still. Whether you agree with it or not is up to you, I am merely stating what I've heard.

It is a fact he was projected as the best bowler in the world .
not really!
Guess the ones that are actively involved with cricket know better than the usual "Hype the player" media or fans. When Zaheer was down and out these guys didn't say he was bad or anything.
Now IKP is down and out...no one apart from dsr (which goes to show how much he knows) is saying that Pathan is 'bad'. No one doubts that he need to put in a fair amount of effort to get his form back... For all the 'x cricketers' who told you IKP was nothing special when he started off there were about 5 others who said on any NewsPaper TV channel etc that he could in fact go on to be genuinely good. for India.. and lets face it - he could have been- he was... briefly....

simple. pathan was great. pathan now sucks. the slide down started during BG 04 just after JLD and is now pretty much complete. good thing is that he can't get any worse.
I think you guys are being too harsh on Pathan. And oda, the slide didn't start just after that wicket. He bowled terrifically in the Chennai (2nd match of the series) and got injured in the same match. After that I suppose he rushed back too soon and because of that rib injury that he had, he was/is not able to bowl faster!

Re: Pathan What a pile of cr#p he bowled against the dutch. He is absolutley useless. He was bowling btwn 70 to 75 mph. What a waste of space. Even at the speed he cant bowl accurately. He never was that good and was always slow. Now he is no quicker then gangs. He is a cr#p bowler and IMO always will. I have written of his carrer already now. 72 mph bowling :eek: fack me.

Re: Pathan To be a good bowler you at least need to bowl at 80mph +. Mcgrath at his best used to bowl at high 80s. Crapthan bowls regularly at 70 to 75mph. I have not seen a class seamer in last 20 years bowl at those speeds. He is rubbish. For gods sake some of the dutch bowlers were quicker then him