Lalit Modi: Man Behind the Scene

Rajiv

Born on November 29, 1963, Delhi, India, Lalit Kumar Modi is the Chairman and Commissioner of the Indian Premier league President of Rajasthan Cricket Association, Vice President of Punjab Cricket Accocation and Vice President of the Board of Control for Cricket in India He is the scion of Modi Enterprises a 8000-crore group, the industrial conglomerate founded in 1933, it has interests in agro-chemicals, tobacco, tea and beverages, education, entertainment and marketing He also sits on the board of Godfrey Philips, one of India's more successful tobacco companies He was listed among India's 20 most powerful people by India Today magazine He was included because the BCCI's revenues have increased seven-fold since he joined the board in 2005 and because "no one in cricket wants to be on his wrong side".

Guest Hiten.

Hate him or love him. BCCI have made tremendous profit after this guy joined BCCI and more importantly Stadiums are starting to look more and more beautiful :two_thumbs_up:

Lalit Modi is an interesting character. He had was spoiled in his teens. But then he has come a long way and has made a successful career for himself. I wish him good....hoping that he has truly left the dark days behind him.

Spoiled in his teens? drug charge? who doesn't screw up in teens man but I have seen people talking negative things about him but really, the guy is really good. I was happy to see him giving back tp speed and played it well by being diplomatic. This man is a true administrator, there will be like 100 companies out there ready to grab him