Brett Lee to launch and model own underwear line

King

Brett Lee to launch and model own underwear line 4th Jun 2008 21:00 IST Agencies In what would definitely be a first for a cricketer, Australian pace spearhead Brett Lee will launch, and model for too, his own line of "affordable" underwear and nightwear. The pacer has joined hands with fashion designer Bruno Schiavi to create a line of underwear and sleepwear - Acestar -- in organic cotton and bamboo fibres. The Acestar range will hit the market in August and Lee himself will do an ad shoot in July, the Australian Associated Press, a news agency in Melbourne, reported. "We are trying to achieve that trendy look - with an inkling of cricket through the underwear as well," Schiavi said. Lee said instead of being intimidated by the prospect of stripping down to bare minimums, he was excited about the new "challenge". "I'm actually looking forward to it. Without being conceited, it's a new challenge for me and one I'm really excited about," he said. "I didn't want people to just see my face next to a label. I'm all about hands on," he added. The 31-year-old said his line of underwear would be several times cheaper than the other major brands. "You see these other brands and they're worth $ 35 to $ 45 for a pair of briefs or a pair of boxer shorts and trunks and stuff," Lee said. "Sixteen and 17-year-old kids can't afford that. So we can make briefs with the highest quality with the fabrics we've got for under $ 10," he added. The Aussie speedster already owns a men's clothing line 'BL'.