Emerging Players Tournament, 2008

badrinath will be the captain now & suresh raina replaces parthiv patel in the squad and i hope shikhar dhawan turns out to be the top scorer in this tournament
And where did you get this news from that Raina would be joining the squad? Any link? Ok I got it! 'Excellent chance for fringe players to perform' PTI Friday, July 11, 2008 18:53 IST MUMBAI: The Emerging Players Tournament, featuring Twenty20 as well as 50-over games at Queensland in Australia from July 14, is a great chance for fringe players from the country to show their skills and capture the national selectors' attention, feels India 'A' coach Praveen Amre. "The tournament is very important for our emerging players as it's a long (international) season ahead (for the India team) and those who do well will be in the selectors' focus," Amre said on Friday ahead of the team's departure for Australia. "Because of its importance the Board (BCCI) is sending Dilip Vengsarkar (chief national selector) to accompany the team and watch the performance of the players," the former India middle order batsman said. The team would be led by Tamil Nadu batsman Subramaniam Badrinath with Uttar Pradesh's Suresh Raina, who has replaced original captain Parthiv Patel following the latter's selection in the Indian Test squad for Sri Lanka, as his deputy. Amre recalled that players who did very well in the previous three editions of the new concept by Cricket Australia went on to play for their countries. "Players who did very well had gone on to the next level. It's a very important tournament for all the players representing Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and India," he said.

He did extremely well in Ranji year before last but in the last Ranji, because of the substandard pitches provided for WB matches, he performed poorly. I had watched him playing against Zaheer, Agarkar and other Mumbai bowlers. His technique looked very compact and he even outshone Ganguly when both were at crease. I really liked him then, and hope that he improves further. Poor chap also had a setback last year when he dislocated his shoulder during practice with the Indian ODI team which had gone to BD. Coming back from the major operation, a person takes time to get back to his stride. I expect him do well in this tour. All the best to him and the Indian team too.

all the best to indian team. esp shikhar dhawan' date=' who i hope becomes the top run-getter in the tournament[/quote'] Esp Badrinath, if he does exceptionally well, hopefully he will get picked. He is now 26/27, and hes in prime form. We can wait another 2 years for dhawan, but for badrinath he should have been picked and must be for the next test series with australia. Hope for the best and especially him. Come on India and Badrinath :two_thumbs_up:
Come on India!!!!!! Show the world what you got. I will keep up with the team selection and tosses as well.
Extremely glad to see that someone else is also taking initiatiative to discuss this tournament. It is not being shown in India and I haven't found a single site which is covering it live. It looks like Cricinfo will present the scorecard after the game finishes. If any of you are getting it on web, please inform us here. In the meanwhile, India A has routed Israel in their match. Easy for India ‘A’ Ashdod (Israel): Rajat Bhatia wrecked the Israeli batting order with a four-wicket haul before India ‘A’ chased down the host’s paltry total in just 5.5 overs to kick off its tour with a facile nine-wicket win here on Sunday. Bhatia returned figures of 5-1-5-4 as the host collapsed for a meagre 53 in just 23 overs. Former South African star Jonty Rhodes, who played for the Israeli side, was the only batsman to manage a double digit score of 11. India knocked down the target in just 5.5 overs with Tamil Nadu batsmen Murali Vijay hitting a quickfire 31, with the help of three sixes and three fours. IPL star Swapnil Ashnodkar (10) and Ravi Teja (13) guided India ‘A’ to victory. Hundreds of spectators, mainly Jews of Indian origin, showed up on a working day here to watch the game. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Unfortunately, no detailed scorecard!