Could've been such a great interview

But, the interviewer or the scribe is absolutely clueless. http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2008/jun/20kapil.htm but we were worried about the opponents strength also...bowler like Garner, Marshall, N D Robert, Michael Holding...those 4 fast bowlers. One can say...you can play for the century in any team they were so good. No, I think the over before Viv hit me a couple of boundaries and hit Kamal Nath a couple of fours, cover drives, square drive and I asked Madan; I Look past these idiotic errors, and it is a decent read. Actually, the N D Robert was pretty funny!

But, the interviewer or the scribe is absolutely clueless. http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2008/jun/20kapil.htm but we were worried about the opponents strength also...bowler like Garner, Marshall, N D Robert, Michael Holding...those 4 fast bowlers. One can say...you can play for the century in any team they were so good. No, I think the over before Viv hit me a couple of boundaries and hit Kamal Nath a couple of fours, cover drives, square drive and I asked Madan; I Look past these idiotic errors, and it is a decent read. Actually, the N D Robert was pretty funny!
Seriously DUDE, there is something very very rwronh with that interview. I know Kapil paaji is not too good with English, but the scrie sucked more. Could have been edited for clarity. What a *****y interview. "I scored 175 but wasn't tired" "So you weren't tired" "No" WTF!

Yes it could have been better but atleast the journalist made an effort. Quite frankly this is one subject that Indian media has kept alive quite well. I mean almost every year you see an article, series of interviews to commemorate the World Championship win. You dont quite see the same coverage for other winners, say Australia or West Indies or Sri Lanka by their media. What is also remarkable about this coverage by Indian media is often they dont get the respect it deserves by Indian fans. I mean you will see more people aware of who Yuvraj Singh is dating currently than how many runs Srikkanth scored in the 1983 finals.

Yes it could have been better but atleast the journalist made an effort. Quite frankly this is one subject that Indian media has kept alive quite well. I mean almost every year you see an article, series of interviews to commemorate the World Championship win. You dont quite see the same coverage for other winners, say Australia or West Indies or Sri Lanka by their media. What is also remarkable about this coverage by Indian media is often they dont get the respect it deserves by Indian fans. I mean you will see more people aware of who Yuvraj Singh is dating currently than how many runs Srikkanth scored in the 1983 finals.
"Made an effort" More like a half-assed effort. Come on, Lurker, is it too much to ask the journalist to get the names right? There really is no excuse for "N D Robert" and "Kamal Nath." It just takes a little homework. After reading this interview, one who did not know Andy Roberts or Amarnath, still does not :-)! And for some reason, when I see "N D Robert," I can't but help think of Ajith ke phatte ... "Raaabert ... is ko liquid aahxygen me daal do ..."
More like a half-assed effort. Come on, Lurker, is it too much to ask the journalist to get the names right? There really is no excuse for "N D Robert" and "Kamal Nath." It just takes a little homework. After reading this interview, one who did not know Andy Roberts or Amarnath, still does not :-)!
CA, That would probably be because in this era of 7972144899 webistes, anyone has the chance to come across as "Journalist" when he is none. In the interview what ticked me off in particular was
In this particular 175 runs partnership when did Kiri come in...what was the score then? Round about 100 and something when Kiri comes in... 100 and something for 7? Ya round about and that is the time...before that little bit Madan scored, little bit Roger Binny and everybody gave me a little bit of breathing space
First up this cricket "journalist" is not even aware of the Match he is asking questions about. Secondly if he was not freaking aware as a cricket fan shouldnt he do his homework as this is his job? My point was more to with the fact that Indian media is atleast not as apathetic towards 1983 WC win as most of cricket fans today seem to be.
CA, That would probably be because in this era of 7972144899 webistes, anyone has the chance to come across as "Journalist" when he is none. In the interview what ticked me off in particular was First up this cricket "journalist" is not even aware of the Match he is asking questions about. Secondly if he was not freaking aware as a cricket fan shouldnt he do his homework as this is his job? My point was more to with the fact that Indian media is atleast not as apathetic towards 1983 WC win as most of cricket fans today seem to be.
Thats because it happened before most of us were born. Or atleast started watching cricket. I know its the crowning jewel of our cricketing achievements, as a 24 year old fan, the cricketing events that stand out in my memory are :(chronological order more or less) 1). India-Pak Bangalore 1996 match..Jadeja..Waqar 2). Sachin's blitz in Sharjah. 3). India-Pak 315 chase...Kanitkar... 4). Sachin taking on Warne..1998 test series 2-1 home victory 5). World Cup 1999..India-Sri Lanka...373..Dravid-Ganguly partnership 6). Match fixing scandal and Azhar's shame 7). 2001 ..India-Aus..THAT innings by Lax and dravid..and 2-1 victory 8). 2003 world cup campaign...Nehra bowling at 150k...easily winning all matches till the final. 9). 2003-2004 India's tour of Australia..dravid and Lax to the fore again..kumble doing magic. 10). 2004 India's tour of Pak..winning both test and ODI series..Veeru's triple. 11). Chappel-Ganguly Saga. 12). T-20 victory 13). Perth victory.
"Made an effort" More like a half-assed effort. Come on, Lurker, is it too much to ask the journalist to get the names right? There really is no excuse for "N D Robert" and "Kamal Nath." It just takes a little homework. After reading this interview, one who did not know Andy Roberts or Amarnath, still does not :-)! And for some reason, when I see "N D Robert," I can't but help think of Ajith ke phatte ... "Raaabert ... is ko liquid aahxygen me daal do ..."
Kamal Nath is Madan Lal actually. It was him that R'ds hit for a few fours. Amarnath came on long after Richards got out
Kamal Nath is Madan Lal actually. It was him that R'ds hit for a few fours. Amarnath came on long after Richards got out
I beleive Richards hit 3 4s in a row, or in an over from Madan Lal. Also the author is wrong to mention Kapil caught Richards at 28, he actually was dismissed at 33 the second highest score of the game after Srikanth.

There's nothing wrong from the Journalist's part.....Its actually Arnab Goswamy,Chief Editor of Times Now who intervied Kapil and its a Television interview. The thing is that all those words,ND Robert n Kamal Nath were from Kapil's mouth and we do know that Kapil knows them all well. Its Rediff's mistake in printing.