srilanka will be dangerous

and can go further..They are most experienced side in the tournament. They have exp in bowling and batting... Pitches will be spin friendly most likely..just like home for them..even coastal weather will be on their side. They have Murli and improving leggie Bandara. I reckon they will go to semis easily.

Re: srilanka will be dangerous

and can go further..They are most experienced side in the tournament. They have exp in bowling and batting... Pitches will be spin friendly most likely..just like home for them..even coastal weather will be on their side. They have Murli and improving leggie Bandara. I reckon they will go to semis easily.
but they will be beaten..too many weak links.. no support for vaas.. no other pacer capable of sustaining any kind of pressure and middle order.. very weak.. top 3 look good.. sanath tharanga and sangakarra.. but middle order is WEAK.. read the article i posted :wtg:

Re: srilanka will be dangerous bandara isnt deadly.. he's new, he's impressive all right.. .. so batsmen wont take him to task straight away.. but after a few overs.. with murali @ other end.. theyre gonna start hitting him.. and i'm not sure he's upto it maharoof.. dude that guy isnt great.. i mean.. he's good when u dont have vaas, but when u got vaas, i dont see him making the team rather have fernando.. both bowl lot of wides and noballs anyways.. and are generally always expensive but fernando can get huge bounce sometimes.. thats his usp... maharoof's usp is line and length.. and that off cutter.. for me it'd be malinga , vaas, murali, bandara......... or malinga vaas murali fernando........ remember dilshan and sanath can bowl 10 too...

Sri Lanka are horsesh*t and won't make it past the super eights.
And you thought, Saffies & Windies are favs ? SL will be one of the very competitive teams along with India in these conditions. Saffies will shi.t out of this world cup like they are always used to. Not sure what to make of WI yet. They are better than today's game (vs Ind) suggests

And you thought, Saffies & Windies are favs ?
Yep. SL are trash. I can't believe how highly people rate them; despite the fact that they have done absolutely nothing of note in the recent past and have traditonally been everyone's whipping boys outside the subcontinent. India will own them and even the ultra-crappy Banglastanis will give 'em a good run for their money as well.

Kabira - I guess we should be frightened :help: aam kem chale?

Sri Lanka are horsesh*t and won't make it past the super eights.
:lmao: :lmao: Yeah, very pithy. I haven't been convinced yet either--I'm not on that "they're a darkhorse ready to kill everything in their path" bandwagon. Sure they are. :sleepy:

Re: srilanka will be dangerous Sri Lanka overall package is not good enough. Bowling is not bad at all but their indifferent form in batting will not win them world cup. Also outside their country they struggle quite a bit. The batters are good when the ball comes on to the bat but when the ball doesn't they can't seem to bat differently. Only Jayasuriya and Sangakkara are the ones that will put their hand up every time. Rest of them barring Tharanga come a cropper. Vaas is great but cannot run through the opponent. Murali surely can and Malinga can be very inconsistent in ODIs. If there is not much swing Malinga can go for plenty. I don't trust "Always bowl short" Fernando, Maharoof and the rest are good enough. They will have one good day in about 50 ODIs. Overall I don't rate Sri Lanka much at all. They are at best better than Bangladesh and no better than Pakistan.