The 20/20-isation of ICF

Yes. And of course there's a market for T20s that's significantly bigger than the one for tests. In the cases of the players who play both though, they're paid professionals. In this case, we're amateurs with free time. How great a use is it of said free time to write a long, well researched article on the Ranji Trophy, some historical cricket incidents or do a report on a fine piece of cricketing literature if five men and a dog will probably bother reading it, while the match thread of the day should get several hundred more posts, discussion and far more involvement?

while the match thread of the day should get several hundred more posts, discussion and far more involvement?
Match threads might have several hundreds of posts but are they of any use? Will they ever give a picture of the match a person failed to watch and comes to read the match thread to get any idea? Sorry, but they don't serve any purpose and most of the time don't make sense also. All you read there is exclamations or profanities. I stopped reading those threads when I was told last year that these swearing were allowed 'in the heat of the moment'! Another 20/20-isation on this board is of the language we use. A majority of members prefer writing the posts in 'SMS texts' instead of proper English and many of the posts are beyond my comprehension. How difficult is it to write 'thought' instead of 'thot' at many are writing?
I sort of agree with the OP ... there are few things to keep in mind 1. Not everybody posses the art of writing (I dont) 2. Match threads are for fun , so u cant expect debates in those threads 3. Many people dont have time to write a long post and have the imagination or skills of gambo ! 4. In order to discuss there has to be a topic to discuss , what are we supposed to discuss when Team India is playing 100 ODis , 30 20-20s and just 5-7 test matches every year.. 5. And the most important one, the REAL posters who can debate , discuss , argue , tell stories are not around as much as other time pass guys are ! BTW simlies are fun ... and if someone replies with :dito: or :haha: you actually know that someone is reading ur post ..
Yaar, I'm not belittling anyone's writing abilities. I'm just asking people to create energy with good, interesting discussions as opposed to expending energy in creating inane threads(which we all do at times but most don't make it a habit). The inane thread is like a slog which all top batsman use at times but don't make it their bread and butter shot. That's all folks. :hatsoff: