Dhoni is a poor test match player!

That's a metaphorical expression and not to be taken literally :smiley: I know what you meant and all I'm saying is that so far nobody can argue with his results - either as a captain or as a player.
Yeah, how can anyone argue against a guaranteed dropped catch or more in a test for the last year or so - don't make it large, make it special. Or his legendary batting where he averages less than 30 in half the countries.
Ab rehne do Boss. Some people don't seem to know when things are going good.
I still remember thos dark days of 90s when 5 wkts down and Mongia walks in and signal the end of the game for us. Now we actually say "Don't worry, Dhoni has yet to come". I guess the saying "sometimes value of something precious is apparent only after you lose it" rings true in this case.
I still remember thos dark days of 90s when 5 wkts down and Mongia walks in and signal the end of the game for us. Now we actually say "Don't worry' date=' Dhoni has yet to come". I guess the saying "sometimes value of something precious is apparent only after you lose it" rings true in this case.[/quote'] Yep. When things go sour, only then do you realize how good you had it.
Yeah' date=' how can anyone argue against a guaranteed dropped catch or more in a test for the last year or so - don't make it large, make it special. Or his legendary batting where he averages less than 30 in half the countries.[/quote'] Taking shots at him based on a bad game will not change facts - the guy still averages 38 with the bat having not lost a series in 3 years. As a wk and a no. 7 bat he has done what anyone can expect from him.
Taking shots at him based on a bad game will not change facts - the guy still averages 38 with the bat having not lost a series in 3 years. As a wk and a no. 7 bat he has done what anyone can expect from him.
If you want to take a bet on Dhoni's aukaad as a batsman - once Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman retire and thereby exclude the FTB emperor of those centuries from 350/5 he will not average more than 35?
I still remember thos dark days of 90s when 5 wkts down and Mongia walks in and signal the end of the game for us. Now we actually say "Don't worry' date=' Dhoni has yet to come". I guess the saying "sometimes value of something precious is apparent only after you lose it" rings true in this case.[/quote'] Yeah like the Mongia who scored a half century on a minefield at Chennai against Akram, Waqar, and Saqlain. FTB will struggle to put bat to ball in such conditions.
If you want to take a bet on Dhoni's aukaad as a batsman - once Tendulkar' date=' Dravid and Laxman retire and thereby exclude the FTB emperor of those centuries from 350/5 he will not average more than 35?[/quote'] We will see when that happens but what I did see was that in days gone by nobody even had the aukaad to score runs even from 350/5. If Dhoni can finish his Test career at an average of 38-40 and 6000 runs he would have done his job.

I have always maintained Dhoni is a mediocre test keeper. His glove work is amongst the worst in the world, I mean it really is something when Carlton Baugh looks a better keeper than you. And everyone knows my thoughts on his batting. He is the one batsman from India I really cant stand when he gets runs off his team mates good work and fails in the rare occasions India are in trouble.

Yeah like the Mongia who scored a half century on a minefield at Chennai against Akram' date=' Waqar, and Saqlain. FTB will struggle to put bat to ball in such conditions.[/quote'] At the end of the day he still threw his wkt away and we lost the game. At least this is something I can rely on Dhoni - if he's set he won't throw the match away. Case in point the world cup final and Lords' Test in 2007.
We will see when that happens but what I did see was that in days gone by nobody even had the aukaad to score runs even from 350/5. If Dhoni can finish his Test career at an average of 38-40 and 6000 runs he would have done his job.
Too scared to bet on your hero without being given 350/5 foundations are you?
I have always maintained Dhoni is a mediocre test keeper. His glove work is amongst the worst in the world' date=' I mean it really is something when Carlton Baugh looks a better keeper than you. And everyone knows my thoughts on his batting. [b']He is the one batsman from India I really cant stand when he gets runs off his team mates good work and fails in the rare occasions India are in trouble.
Tell us something new :haha: I am sure you were not even able to stand him when he held aloft the WC Trophy :finger:
At the end of the day he still threw his wkt away and we lost the game. At least this is something I can rely on Dhoni - if he's set he won't throw the match away. Case in point the world cup final and Lords' Test in 2007.
Dhoni will never even get into a position than Mongia got us into that day, so the discussion is moot. :hysterical:
So if Dhoni scores it's a Road... maybe the pitch changes its nature as soon as Dhoni comes out to bat :haha:
No I remember watching the match as I had just returned home for christmas from uni, good test match but was an utter road after day 1.
So if Dhoni scores it's a Road... maybe the pitch changes its nature as soon as Dhoni comes out to bat :haha:
The scores at Chennai were consistently low - the only time people had problem batting at Pretoria was the first day. Not that I need to say it - anyone who is intellectually honest and watched both matches won't even dare compare the two pitches.