It's Confirmed - It's Asif Yet Again

Dr. Dhondy, Could you please summarize all the possible escape routes for Asif, PCB and ICC combined from medicinal point of view. To start with I have following doubts -- (1) Asif's sample "B" can only legally CONFIRM his drug use -- Now, since it has been more than 45 days since IPL is over (considering that Asif used the halaal "herbs" during the period of IPL), so what are the chances that the banned substance can still be traced in his Blood/Urine sample after so many days have elapsed. (2) Consider a scenario -- if his B sample is found negative and cleared for the substance for which he was suspected during perlimnary examination -- BUT HOWEVER -- another fresh substance is found during this analysis which Asif might have consumed much later after IPl -- will he be still considered as Drug abuser and liable for punishment. (3) As highlighted before, what if, PCB terms the substance as some halaal medicine recommended for treatment of some disease that PCB and Asif can invent??

Dr. Dhondy, Could you please summarize all the possible escape routes for Asif, PCB and ICC combined from medicinal point of view. To start with I have following doubts -- (1) Asif's sample "B" can only legally CONFIRM his drug use -- Now, since it has been more than 45 days since IPL is over (considering that Asif used the halaal "herbs" during the period of IPL), so what are the chances that the banned substance can still be traced in his Blood/Urine sample after so many days have elapsed. (2) Consider a scenario -- if his B sample is found negative and clear for the substance fior which he was suspected during perlimnary examination -- BUT HOWEVER -- another fresh substance is found during this analysis which Asif might have consumed much later after IPl -- will he be still considered as Drug abuser and liable for punishment. (3) As highlighted before, what if, PCB terms the substance as some halaal medicine recommended for treatment of disease which PCB and Asif can invent??
Just wait for a day, Sandtest. You'll get all the answers on Cricinfo.:haha:
Dr. Dhondy, Could you please summarize all the possible escape routes for Asif, PCB and ICC combined from medicinal point of view. To start with I have following doubts -- (1) Asif's sample "B" can only legally CONFIRM his drug use -- Now, since it has been more than 45 days since IPL is over (considering that Asif used the halaal "herbs" during the period of IPL), so what are the chances that the banned substance can still be traced in his Blood/Urine sample after so many days have elapsed. (2) Consider a scenario -- if his B sample is found negative and cleared for the substance for which he was suspected during perlimnary examination -- BUT HOWEVER -- another fresh substance is found during this analysis which Asif might have consumed much later after IPl -- will he be still considered as Drug abuser and liable for punishment. (3) As highlighted before, what if, PCB terms the substance as some halaal medicine recommended for treatment of some disease that PCB and Asif can invent??
If I am not mistaken, the sample for both tests A and B are taken at the same time. Initially they will test A sample. Upon investigation if found positive, they can test sample B.
Dr. Dhondy, Could you please summarize all the possible escape routes for Asif, PCB and ICC combined from medicinal point of view. To start with I have following doubts -- (1) Asif's sample "B" can only legally CONFIRM his drug use -- Now, since it has been more than 45 days since IPL is over (considering that Asif used the halaal "herbs" during the period of IPL), so what are the chances that the banned substance can still be traced in his Blood/Urine sample after so many days have elapsed.
new tests will not be administered since they are not required. sample b is tested to assert that an error in testing did not occur, moreover, sample b testing is almost always done, unless the player admits guilt after the results of sample A. such an admission usually is tantamount to a confession that yes, i knew that the stuff was bad, and yes i knew i was not supposed to take it, and yes i still took it. thereafter, its open season when it comes to sentencing: 2 years mandatory for first offense, life for a repeast offense. you can of course appeal any sentencing in the court of arbitration, but after submitting a guilty plea, an appeal is only effective if there is new evidence, otherwise, the appeal will be dismissed. asif has requested testing of sample b, and thus, when a testing error is ruled out, he will have an opportunity to explain himself. nonetheless, expect him to get canned for some time, if not life.
(2) Consider a scenario -- if his B sample is found negative and cleared for the substance for which he was suspected during perlimnary examination -- BUT HOWEVER -- another fresh substance is found during this analysis which Asif might have consumed much later after IPl -- will he be still considered as Drug abuser and liable for punishment.
if the results of both samples conflict, i.e. one reveals one contraband and the other another, and neither corroborate each other's results... asif will have a very strong case for an absolute acquital on the basis of the ineptitude of the staff in either sample acquisition, sample handling or sample testing. any new stuff found will need to be verified, and if somehow they can persuade the ICC to order a new test, it is unlikely to be positive as asif was tested in the middle east and was found clean.
(3) As highlighted before, what if, PCB terms the substance as some halaal medicine recommended for treatment of some disease that PCB and Asif can invent??
the pcb can call it the hidden da vinci code or muhammed's sperm... it does not matter... the IPL is a WADA signatory and since asif has been found in violation of its code, he will be banned from all ICC recognized affairs.
Guest dada_rocks

Asif must be kicking himself thinking all i did is followed the fotsteps of our socalled great waseem bahi imran bhai waqar bhai akhatr bhai and I am in soup while others were hailed as great.. Face it all of them were charsi in those days ICC Was not stirct hence even while potheads like waseem/Waqar got caught in west indies for instance no heckles were raised..... Chukhtar too woudl have bene tested positive he so brilliantly made himself unfit when he found dope test in about to happen..... ICC shoudl make a rule every player gets tested before every series... U will hear many early retirement announcement from pakistan

Asif must be kicking himself thinking all i did is followed the fotsteps of our socalled great waseem bahi imran bhai waqar bhai akhatr bhai and I am in soup while others were hailed as great.. Face it all of them were charsi in those days ICC Was not stirct hence even while potheads like waseem/Waqar got caught in west indies for instance no heckles were raised..... Chukhtar too woudl have bene tested positive he so brilliantly made himself unfit when he found dope test in about to happen..... ICC shoudl make a rule every player gets tested before every series... U will hear many early retirement announcement from pakistan
since you have never done any ganja, you make this accusation... if anything, it is a relaxant, and after smoking some pot, the only motivation a bowler would have for bowling fast and furious is if he was hallucinating and the opposition batsman looked like a huge snickers bar...

Those morons in ICC are not going to make dope test compulsory, instead will continue hiding behind this random test veil. Else paksiatn will loose players quickly, reducing them to an "A" team or an under 19 team, even there if age is verified correctly will open another can of worms. ICC already has a mere handful teams as proper Test playing nations compared to no. of teams in other sports...it's all about money and survival....will continue to feast on this weakness of ICC and exploit it till death.

Oh' date=' boy.....he did IT again...if PCB doesn't ban this SUCKER then ICC should step in and strip PCB of its privileges...no more non sense....[/quote'] no need to demean players who put in the effort like younis khan, misbah ul haq, umar gul because of a few rotten apples, but this ought to be a lesson for pcb... when you spare the rod, you spoil the child. had they persisted with the initial ban on the players due to their first drug violation, forced them into counselling and proper guidance, such an abhorant occurence could have been prevented!\ ah well... the pcb and the pakistani team are in shambles here...

Now that the name has been made public....i can't think of any other punishment for Asif but a possible life ban or a ban of 5 years at least. i think he has earned enough to spend rest of his life in a reasonable comfort...given poor background. this time..ICC will have to make an example out of him... ICC simply can not sit back and watch the tamasha... given his past history of drug uses....his punishment should be severe this time...

no need to demean players who put in the effort like younis khan, misbah ul haq, umar gul because of a few rotten apples, but this ought to be a lesson for pcb... when you spare the rod, you spoil the child. had they persisted with the initial ban on the players due to their first drug violation, forced them into counselling and proper guidance, such an abhorant occurence could have been prevented! ah well... the pcb and the pakistani team are in shambles here...
i agree with you....but what can you expect when a cricket board is run by a physician? unless we get rid of DNA the Pak cricket is going to suffer more humiliations likes these..but my point was that for whatever reason if PBC once again does not react fairly in this situation then ICC should step in and for the betterment of cricket take action against PCB....
i agree with you....but what can you expect when a cricket board is run by a physician? unless we get rid of DNA the Pak cricket is going to suffer more humiliations likes these..but my point was that for whatever reason if PBC once again does not react fairly in this situation then ICC should step in and for the betterment of cricket take action against PCB....
well the pcb does not have any jurisdiction in this matter... its upto the icc and wada, and i assure you, they will not forget the 2006-2007 incident where asif and akhtar pretty much gave them the eagle. as for pcb management, i think the rot was set in by the likes of inzimam when religion became such a strong dogma for the team... its been downhill thereafter. you guys need a local coach who will not strong arm the players, and set up apprenticeships under greats such as wasim and miandad...
Guest dada_rocks
since you have never done any ganja' date=' you make this accusation... if anything, it is a relaxant, and after smoking some pot, the only motivation a bowler would have for bowling fast and furious is if he was hallucinating and the opposition batsman looked like a huge snickers bar...[/quote'] Who is to tell he did only ganja given these idiots keep getting stuff from Hakim whihc is banned stuff .. u can be 500% sure he did all kind of crazy stuff ..