My wish-list for Dhoni in Khel-ratna saga

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

HE should refuse to accept the Khel-ratna.. Well for me the simple reaosn that it bears the name of that genocidal bharat-ratna Rajeev Gandhi is good enough reaosn not to accept the award. But dhoni should refuse it for different reason. HE should say that any award for cricketing accomplishements coming his way ahead of Dravid/Kumble/Ganguli must have something to do with politics so he is refusing to accept it. Since politicians are very vindictive samples and one suck pri$k is at helm of affairs in BCCI so obviously they will come hitting hard against Dhoni and might threten to ground his career and even might plant some of these two-faced journalist to chime in that Dhoni plays for money. Counter words from dhoni should be I come from a lower middle class and have earned enough money to last me couple of lives and have no desire to chase the mullah and will stand by my values.. Obviously people the achile's heel of politicians will come in his support and thereby this pesky Sharad Pawar won't be able to do anything to him. Politicians are vindictive lot as mentioned earlier so Dhoni will have to be at his best because the advent of very first chink will spring these dormant sobs into action against him. Come on Dhoni give me something to cheer for.

HE should refuse to accept the Khel-ratna.. Well for me the simple reaosn that it bears the name of that genocidal bharat-ratna Rajeev Gandhi is good enough reaosn not to accept the award. But dhoni should refuse it for different reason. HE should say that any award for cricketing accomplishements coming his way ahead of Dravid/Kumble/Ganguli must have something to do with politics so he is refusing to accept it. Since politicians are very vindictive samples and one suck pri is at helm of affairs in BCCI so obviously they will come hitting hard against Dhoni and might threten to ground his career and even might plant some of these two-faced journalist to chime in that Dhoni plays for money. Counter words from dhoni should be I come from a lower middle class and have earned enough money to last me couple of lives and have no desire to chase the mullah and will stand by my values.. Obviously people the achile's heel of politicians will come in his support and thereby this pesky Sharad Pawar won't be able to do anything to him. Politicians are vindictive lot as mentioned earlier so Dhoni will have to be at his best because the advent of very first chink will spring these dormant sobs into action against him. Come on Dhoni give me something to cheer for.
Arjuna award is awarded for outstanding performances PER year. Its not a life time achievement award so have no clue wt ur harping about?
Guest dada_rocks
Arjuna award is awarded for outstanding performances PER year. Its not a life time achievement award so have no clue wt ur harping about?
It's adviced to keep the piehole shut in face of no clue.. U don't have to brandish your ignorance from rooftop :giggle:
Actually, M2C there is a sea difference bewteen Arjuna and rajiv Gandhi khel ratna award. |Arjuna Award is given on yearly basis while Rajiv Gandhi Khle ratna award is a "life time" award -- the highest in India for sports category. We all know that name of this award bears the name "Rajiv Gandhi" which is a pure political tool of dynasty Congress governments of India to honor their dynasty leadre whose records are not so great if verified by neutral historians. Actually, it's a shame for India that her highest sports award is named after a man who has record of crime and corruption in politics.
Guest dada_rocks
Actually, M2C there is a sea difference bewteen Arjuna and rajiv Gandhi khel ratna award. |Arjuna Award is given on yearly basis while Rajiv Gandhi Khle ratna award is a "life time" award -- the highest in India for sports category. We all know that name of this award bears the name "Rajiv Gandhi" which is a pure political tool of dynasty Congress governments of India to honor their dynasty leadre whose records are not so great if verified by neutral historians. Actually, it's a shame for India that her highest sports award is named after a man who has record of crime and corruption in politics.
Thanks for enlightening that gentleman..

The Khel Ratna was devised to be an overarching honour, conferred for outstanding sporting performance, whether by an individual or a team, across all sporting disciplines in a given year. A selection committee consisting of eminent people affiliated to sports is constituted every year by the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports to evaluate sporting performances. Usually, performance between April 1 of one year to March 31 of the next year is considered So who is the ignoramous now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajiv_Gandhi_Khel_Ratna
Guest dada_rocks
in that case you had better shut the forum down completely
Not everyone is clueless like you ....... did u just notice few people correcting you and those who don't know asking politely.. Not come shouting when you don't know...........
Guest dada_rocks
The Khel Ratna was devised to be an overarching honour' date=' conferred for outstanding sporting performance, whether by an individual or a team, across all sporting disciplines[b'] in a given year. A selection committee consisting of eminent people affiliated to sports is constituted every year by the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports to evaluate sporting performances. Usually, performance between April 1 of one year to March 31 of the next year is considered So who is the ignoramous now?
It is given every year for life-time achievement that's what it means....Let me kae it more clear life-time achivement award also is conferred every year in film industry and that's different from best actor/actress award..... Arjuna award === Best actor/actress award Life time achievement award== khel ratna award not quite on the mark comparison because technically they should have awarded the same guy twice but u won;t find many if any occassion that they have done this...... Now go and change the wikipedia article they are ill-informed ..
Guest dada_rocks
Well the one who confuses khel ratan to Arjuna award that is ill informed
It is given every year for life-time achievement that's what it means....Let me kae it more clear life-time achivement award also is conferred every year in film industry and that's different from best actor/actress award..... Arjuna award === Best actor/actress award Life time achievement award== khel ratna award not quite on the mark comparison because technically they should have awarded the same guy twice but u won;t find many if any occassion that they have done this...... Now go and change the wikipedia article they are ill-informed ..
No where but no where does it say its a life time achievement award. It just says it for performance in THAT year. Here's another link http://www.webindia123.com/Sports/awards/rajiv.htm the difference between nArjuna award and Khel Ratna is that Arjuna award is given for each sports category but Khel Ratna is only one across all categories but it is a yearly award and NOT a life time achievement award.
Well the one who confuses khel ratan to Arjuna award that is ill informed
But the point stays,. Its NOT a life time achievement award so what are you harping about? the reason Dravid etc did not get is because in their outstanding year there was always some other sportsman in some sports who did better. In this year Dhoni doesnt have much competition.
Guest dada_rocks

Wikipedia is off the mark there...... it has always been a replica of life-time achievement award......otherwise tendulkar wud have at least five of them so wud have dravid....... anyway my point about how to embarrasss these politicians who play politicis with everythign got drowned due to this detour

Wikipedia is off the mark there...... it has always been a replica of life-time achievement award......otherwise tendulkar wud have at least five of them so wud have dravid....... anyway my point about how to embarrasss these politicians who play politicis with everythign got drowned due to this detour
Not only wikipedia but look up any link to the subject Its very difficult to win these awards because you are competiting not only with fellow cricketers but with outstanding players in all sports