Murali's bowling action has always been a suspect

I have always felt that he is a chucker....that bowling action is abnormal and there for everyone to see...ICC has bent rules for this coconut warrior....:-D
They should have bent the rules for Kumar Dharamasena too: then he might still be playing. Try to calm down a bit and then google search "icc throwing fast bowlers" - 4th link down will show Harbhajan's bowling action was also illegal until the ICC bent the rules for him too. As much as I admire your "feelings definition" for chucking I just don't think it would work because if someone suddenly "feels" that Zaheer Khan is a chucker then they'd have to ban him too. Unfortunately, we have to use that meddling, convoluted and difficult to understand "evidence" and "fact" technique.
They should have bent the rules for Kumar Dharamasena too: then he might still be playing. Try to calm down a bit and then google search "icc throwing fast bowlers" - 4th link down will show Harbhajan's bowling action was also illegal until the ICC bent the rules for him too. As much as I admire your "feelings definition" for chucking I just don't think it would work because if someone suddenly "feels" that Zaheer Khan is a chucker then they'd have to ban him too. Unfortunately, we have to use that meddling, convoluted and difficult to understand "evidence" and "fact" technique.
Vanakkam Lankan macha...I'm very calm...it is my personal opinion about Murali's bowling style...no hard feelings...cool......:martini_shaken:
Oooooo...sarcasm, the Stephen Colbert way! :dance:
Murali has been tested and cleared more than once. He bowls withing the rules specified by the ICC. We have to stop whining and accept it. Our personal opinions would vary' date=' but we have to move ahead and accept him as a legitimate bowler.[/quote'] Well said. If we cannot accept it, we have to fight to change the rules. For instance, if the powers of Indian cricket feel that the 15 deg allowance is too much, and that cricket should adopt a zero angle policy.
Murali has been tested and cleared more than once. He bowls withing the rules specified by the ICC. We have to stop whining and accept it. Our personal opinions would vary' date=' but we have to move ahead and accept him as a legitimate bowler.[/quote'] Thats not how history records it, though. He was tested, found to have illegal bowling action and then the rules were changed. NOW, his action is legal.
Thats not how history records it' date=' though. He was tested, found to have illegal bowling action and then the rules were changed. NOW, his action is legal.[/quote'] As were the actions of several bowlers (Glenn McGrath, Harbhajan, Shaun Pollock- to name a few) who were also over the legal limit at the time. The law was changed so that it would make sense! The alternative was to ban a large number of bowlers. If that's what you were arguing as a cricket purist who demanded that everyone should bowl at 10 degrees (rather than 15 degrees, which is sensible purely because that is when the umpires can detect it with the naked eye), then I actually have some time for your argument. It just means that we have to bring back bowlers like Abey Kuruvilla to replace the ones who get banned! Otherwise - how exactly do you differentiate between Murali and all the other "illegal" bowlers?