quick comment on underperforming seniors

bharat, what abt Badrinath shud be in squad?
I wouldnt mind seeing Badri in the test side. He has certainly earnt it (Id pick Badri over Rohit, with no disrespect to Rohit who I think is a fine player too) ... However one of the main reasons I said Irfan was that I feel one of the things India is lacking in the test department and something that could give us a real edge is a bowler (even if he isnt that quick) who can bowl long spells without getting injured. I dont want Zaheer or Ishant to be bowling the 10-12 over spells because Im worried that their bodies wont handle it. Irfan can bowl long spells and even could have the keeper up to the stumps and tie batsman down for a period of time, while someone like Kumble or Bhajji prods away at the other end. Also, Irfan's batting has been pretty consistent over the past few years. In bowling, if he can rediscover his swing then he becomes dangerous too.
Going by current form' date=' IKP can do no worse than a Dravid or Ganguly in batting. Plus he would give that added dimension in bowling. Definitely worth a try.[/quote'] I would like to see Pathan score 20 runs on this kind of track forget about the 40+ that Dravid did before jumping on the bandwagon.
I would like to see Pathan score 20 runs on this kind of track forget about the 40+ that Dravid did before jumping on the bandwagon.
Pathan plays spinners pretty well and doesn't hesitate to use his feet. With the bar being set really low, I don't see him doing worse than a Dravid or Ganguly in their current form. Scoring 20 on the back of a 100 plus run opening partnership shouldn't be too difficult for any top order test batsmen worth his salt