Charmed vs Uncharmed

Guest BossBhai

Excellent points Boss & Domaink. Dhondy, a while ago, I heard that it may take up to 5 mins, for the snicko to arrive, in some instances. Given this unpredictable delay, snicko may not be usable in the review system yet. Even without the snicko, howlers such as the ones witnessed at Sydney could be avoided with the current system. The LBW still is a bit vague though. We have seen a few inconsistencies already on this. But I'll take this over the inconsistencies in conventional umpiring. I expect the Aussies to be impacted the most (negatively), by the review system.
I think the umpires themselves were not very sure in the first test regarding LBW and the Sri Lankan third umpire got too over enthusiastic after getting to officiate in a test match finally and did commit some mistakes on day 3 of this test at Galle. But these are just the teething problems and I'm confident that these bugs can be fixed quite easily. I don't think we need to add any more device at the moment and ICC will have to demand ONLY "Hawk-Eye" from the TV channels, not its cheaper versions like Virtual Eye which we are using at the moment and which Neo Sports uses as well. We should only accept what Hawk Eye says because that was proved to be 95% correct in its judgement of tracking the ball.
Brilliant post. There was a point made earlier though, Boss, about 3rd umps missing faint nicks if the batsman concerned doesn't walk. Why not go the whole hog and bring in the snicko?
Even better, get the hot spot. Hit the nail in the head BB, good post.:two_thumbs_up: