Kapil's review of IPL and ICL

SachDan

'IPL better in marketing, ICL in cricket' PTI Tuesday, August 05, 2008 18:40 IST BANGALORE: Indian Cricket League Chairman Kapil Dev admitted on Tuesday that the rival Indian Premier League has overshadowed ICL in market blitz but ruled out joining forces with the IPL. But he insisted that ICL churned out fantastic, unbelievable matches and was ahead of IPL in onfield action. Asked by reporters here if ICL has been overshadowed by IPL, the skipper of India's 1983 World Cup campaign said "In marketing, yes; in cricket, no". "I must say and congratulate IPL for such a great marketing team they have and let's give credit to ICL...what a great cricketing (ICL) matches we had. One should learn something from their (IPL's) marketing thing", he said. He underscored that ICL has nothing against IPL nor is ICL fighting against IPL. ICL's objective is to promote the game, give opportunities to cricketers and to create jobs. "Nobody said to me what wrong we are doing. Nobody is giving me an answer", Kapil Dev said. He strongly felt that that a deserving player even though he is playing in ICL should be given a place in team India. "If (Mahendra Singh) Dhoni comes and plays ICL, will he play for India or not ? if tomorrow Sachin (Tendulkar) plays in ICL, will he play for the country or not ? Will he deserve to play for the country or not", he asked. Asked if ICL is open to the idea of joining forces with IPL, he said "(We are) open to idea of their (IPL) joining us" :hysterical: On the morale of ICL team members post-IPL season, he said "(It is) much more charged".

'IPL better in marketing' date= ICL in cricket' PTI Tuesday, August 05, 2008 18:40 IST BANGALORE: Indian Cricket League Chairman Kapil Dev admitted on Tuesday that the rival Indian Premier League has overshadowed ICL in market blitz but ruled out joining forces with the IPL. But he insisted that ICL churned out fantastic, unbelievable matches and was ahead of IPL in onfield action. Asked by reporters here if ICL has been overshadowed by IPL, the skipper of India's 1983 World Cup campaign said "In marketing, yes; in cricket, no". "I must say and congratulate IPL for such a great marketing team they have and let's give credit to ICL...what a great cricketing (ICL) matches we had. One should learn something from their (IPL's) marketing thing", he said. He underscored that ICL has nothing against IPL nor is ICL fighting against IPL. ICL's objective is to promote the game, give opportunities to cricketers and to create jobs. "Nobody said to me what wrong we are doing. Nobody is giving me an answer", Kapil Dev said. He strongly felt that that a deserving player even though he is playing in ICL should be given a place in team India. "If (Mahendra Singh) Dhoni comes and plays ICL, will he play for India or not ? if tomorrow Sachin (Tendulkar) plays in ICL, will he play for the country or not ? Will he deserve to play for the country or not", he asked. Asked if ICL is open to the idea of joining forces with IPL, he said "(We are) open to idea of their (IPL) joining us" :hysterical: On the morale of ICL team members post-IPL season, he said "(It is) much more charged".
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Kapil Dev lacks the basic skills to be sitting in that position in the first place. He should not have been anything more than a consultant. That too restricted to the games. Giving statements to the media is not one of his expertise. He has no idea about man management, marketing and communication. He has no role in a commercial venture.

IPL better in marketing, ICL in cricket: Kapil Dev Indian Cricket League Chairman Kapil Dev admitted today rival Indian Premier League has overshadowed ICL in market blitz but ruled out joining forces with the IPL. But he insisted that ICL churned out fantastic, unbelievable matches and was ahead of IPL in on field action. Asked by reporters in Bangalore if ICL has been overshadowed by IPL, the skipper of India's 1983 World Cup campaign said "In marketing, yes; in cricket, no". "I must say and congratulate IPL for such a great marketing team they have and let's give credit to ICL...What a great cricketing (ICL) matches we had. One should learn something from their (IPL's) marketing thing", he said. He underscored that ICL has nothing against IPL nor is ICL fighting against IPL. ICL's objective is to promote the game, give opportunities to cricketers and to create jobs. "Nobody said to me what wrong we are doing. Nobody is giving me an answer", Kapil Dev said. He strongly felt that that a deserving player even though he is playing in ICL should be given a place in team India. "If (Mahendra Singh) Dhoni comes and plays ICL, will he play for India or not? If tomorrow Sachin (Tendulkar) plays in ICL, will he play for the country or not? Will he deserve to play for the country or not", he asked. Asked if ICL is open to the idea of joining forces with IPL, he said "(We are) open to idea of their (IPL) joining us" On the morale of ICL team members post-IPL season, he said, "(It is) much more charged".