Ten years from now for Fab 4/5

and pray who among the non cricketing nations would even recognize sachin tendulkar..cricket is very limited and sachin definitely does not have global appeal
Well, for starters, South Asia accounts for nearly 30% of humanity. If you can name ONE other celebrity who is potentially recognizable by a billion and a half people, that'll be a big achievement. And I am not saying Sachin will be promoting the merits of vegetarianism in Siberia or talk about the benefits of bio-fuel in the remote provinces of China. He has a big role to play in South Asia itself. And MOST importantly, he is massively respected in England and its close confidante, Australia.The unfortunate truth is, for any Asian celebrity to make a mark globally, he needs to win the favor of atleast one country of the Anglo-Saxon alliance. Sachin fulfills all these criteria. In fact, the most influential period of Sachin's life may yet to come. Former American President won the nobel peace prize not for his contributions during his term as President, but for his role in promoting world peace through his 'Carter Center'.
Well, for starters, South Asia accounts for nearly 30% of humanity. If you can name ONE other celebrity who is potentially recognizable by a billion and a half people, that'll be a big achievement. And I am not saying Sachin will be promoting the merits of vegetarianism in Siberia or talk about the benefits of bio-fuel in the remote provinces of China. He has a big role to play in South Asia itself. And MOST importantly, he is massively respected in England and its close confidante, Australia.The unfortunate truth is, for any Asian celebrity to make a mark globally, he needs to win the favor of atleast one country of the Anglo-Saxon alliance. Sachin fulfills all these criteria. In fact, the most influential period of Sachin's life may yet to come. Former American President won the nobel peace prize not for his contributions during his term as President, but for his role in promoting world peace through his 'Carter Center'.
At the expense of hijacking this thread, I must comment on this last sentence. The Nobel Peace Prize - what a joke! Yasser Arafat won it. But, Gandhi did not. Nor did Norman Borlaug.

10 years from now: Sachin Tendulkar: Coach of the West Indies or Australia after BCCI failed to offer him the post. Sourav Ganguly: President of West Bengal Football Association. Rahul Dravid: Heading the ICC technical committee. Virender Sehwag: Coach of Bangladesh team which hopes to win the next word cup.

I think Laxman is a qualified doctor so he may work as a doctor.
nah he was a trainee doctor but chose cricket instead. too late too do medicine, even if isnt, dont hink ppl will hire him as hell b bout 36, too old. I agree he will have a low quiet profile life like helping youngsters. When VVS retires I think ppl wont remember him that well apart from that 280 odd.

Sachin will enter numerous business ventures and will be involved with cricket on and off. He definitely won't take up full-time coaching. Ganguly would be gunning for Jaggu dada's chair at the Bengal cricket association. Dravid, I hope, like his hero Steve Waugh will do a lot of charity and philanthropic work. Sehwag should open a butcher's shop. :-D

Ganguly appoints prince 40 as his secretary Dravind proposes for a second marriage with beetle :haha: Ravi returns from NZ to write a complete biography of Kumble VVS helps Rohan in clearing all his debts and makes him the official PR Sach..group of companies finds the best possible manager in BossBhai beets just laugh...thats it

if it is south asia or cricketing nations...i agree that sachin has a lot of influence.but in africa(asides from zimbabwe and south africa/kenya)..i doubt if the people there know who sachin is. without doubt maradona and pele has a much higher fan following than sachin and also in the global sense. regarding the time magazine issue which was pointed out earlier..it is mentioned by Time for Sachin's achievments but I can bet my life that hardly 1% of the general public in countries like usa,south america,most of europe and africa,indonesia or vietnam have ever heard of sachin. I REPEAT THIS IS NOT TO DEMEAN THE GREAT MAN WHO IS A GREAT PERSON AND A CRICKETER.I am just pointing out his global presence is limited only in the cricketing world.
Ganguly appoints prince 40 as his secretary Dravind proposes for a second marriage with beetle :haha: Ravi returns from NZ to write a complete biography of Kumble VVS helps Rohan in clearing all his debts and makes him the official PR Sach..group of companies finds the best possible manager in BossBhai beets just laugh...thats it
im honoured lol:giggle:

on a different note if none of the fab 5 were famous cricketers their alternate careers would have been- ganguly- very idealistic, so probably a great writer or a good BJP politician dravid- classy good lookin guy, few years in modelling followed by career in business kumble- would have followed his old love, engineering sachin- aila, would have taken part in marathi dramas sehwag- poultry farm owner lol

I guess SRT : will be running Mumbai Indians and few other businesses RD : will retire like Sirinath and may either write a column here and there Kumble : Will be running some camps to find the next spinner for India and will be busy running some businesses SG : He will definitely be in the BCCI or may even join politics