Ten years from now for Fab 4/5

Ten years from now, what kind of work will each of the Fab 4/5 will be doing? Tendulkar - Own and run a racing team; expert cricket commentator Dravid - Doing his PhD in sports psychology; expert cricket commentator Ganguly - Chairman of Board of selectors - trying to select himself for ODI team. Kumble - CEO of an cricket coaching academy with franchises all over India. CEO of a sports software company (BossBhai will be the CTO for the 2nd one). VVSLaxman - Not so sure; don't know enough about the guy.

Am i the only one who thinks Dravid will make an awful commentator ? If his press conferences or interviews were anything to go by - he is dull as dishwater. Bumbles along in a monotonous voice, stating the most obvious and politically correct things, without even daring to speak his mind in the fear that someone might call him out on it.

Dull, hmm well Navjot Singh Sidhu wasnt dull, but i dont think he could make a living out of commentating, i wouldnt call rahul dull, infact i would call him a great custodian of the game, he is informative, has the wits about himself to comment on a cricket game. Anil Kumble has a software co. which develops PC games on cricket, i dont know which one but i defn have read about it

Sachin: A brand Ambassador for some UN mission, touring Asia and Africa, raising money for charity. Ganguly: Certainly in a position of power/authority, somewhere. Whether its in BCA or BCCI or ACC or ICC, no one knows. This man loves action and authority is a big turn-on for him. Kumble: Quietly retired, probably do a bit commentary and have a jab at journalism/ writing a book. Remember seeing with this BIG camera of his ,taking photos of all important Indian victories. Pretty sure he will come out with a popular photo album. Dravid: Commentary/journalism again. VVS: Will continue with his low-profile lifestyle, probably conducting batting clinics for youngsters in Andhra Pradesh.

Am i the only one who thinks Dravid will make an awful commentator ? If his press conferences or interviews were anything to go by - he is dull as dishwater. Bumbles along in a monotonous voice' date=' stating the most obvious and politically correct things, without even daring to speak his mind in the fear that someone might call him out on it.[/quote'] X 2
Sachin: A brand Ambassador for some UN mission, touring Asia and Africa, raising money for charity. Ganguly: Certainly in a position of power/authority, somewhere. Whether its in BCA or BCCI or ACC or ICC, no one knows. This man loves action and authority is a big turn-on for him. Kumble: Quietly retired, probably do a bit commentary and have a jab at journalism/ writing a book. Remember seeing with this BIG camera of his ,taking photos of all important Indian victories. Pretty sure he will come out with a popular photo album. Dravid: Commentary/journalism again. VVS: Will continue with his low-profile lifestyle, probably conducting batting clinics for youngsters in Andhra Pradesh.
lol Sriram i agree with ur thots on all the players except Sachin..hehe he definitely wont be touring Asia and Africa for raising money and stuff..yes he will do charity but that will be low profile..he will be involved in the game and i bet he wud strike a deal with espn-star and join the Harsha team
lol Sriram i agree with ur thots on all the players except Sachin..hehe he definitely wont be touring Asia and Africa for raising money and stuff..yes he will do charity but that will be low profile..he will be involved in the game and i bet he wud strike a deal with espn-star and join the Harsha team
A global star needs a global role Satish. Sachin has this rare combination of immense fame and overarching respect. Few celebrities have that kind of reputation preceeding 'em. Such a persona is better utilized trying to address global issues, that affect the lives of million of people, rather get stuck behind a microphone and talk about crows and crocodies.:D
A global star needs a global role Satish. Sachin has this rare combination of immense fame and overarching respect. Few celebrities have that kind of reputation preceeding 'em. Such a persona is better utilized trying to address global issues' date=' that affect the lives of million of people, rather get stuck behind a microphone and talk about crows and crocodies.:D[/quote'] Sriram nee solradhu ella seri dhan but i dont see Sachin going that way..he has always said tat he wud be involved in the game even after he retires so thats y i said he wud be striking a deal with espn and they alread have him as an ambassador or something..he will be a central figure in the media Sriram just like how Sunny is now..
Sriram nee solradhu ella seri dhan but i dont see Sachin going that way..he has always said tat he wud be involved in the game even after he retires so thats y i said he wud be striking a deal with espn and they alread have him as an ambassador or something..he will be a central figure in the media Sriram just like how Sunny is now..
Satish, you must realize one thing. Whenever there is a celebrity and he has some free time, you always have some organization or the other wanting to take mileage out of it. So, it not just a case of 'what Sachin wants to do', but 'but what is he capable of doing'.. Do you think people like Amitabh Bachan, Bill Clinton voluntarily dedicate themselves to causes like AIDS prevention etc? After all, after decades of tireless work, all they would want to do is to retire peacefully, put their feet up and spend time with family. But, their personality and the attention they command is too valuable to be wasted lounging around in the living room. Sachin's case wil also be VERY much like that. He may personally want to retire silently and do some commentary every now and then, but his personality will never allow that to happen. There will be dozens of organizations who will be waiting to swoop on him, starting from UN world food prog, to AIDS awareness to climate change activists. Simply put, the brand that is Sachin is too precious to be wasted doing something as trivial as cricket commentary. :D
Satish, you must realize one thing. Whenever there is a celebrity and he has some free time, you always have some organization or the other wanting to take mileage out of it. So, it not just a case of 'what Sachin wants to do', but 'but what is he capable of doing'.. Do you think people like Amitabh Bachan, Bill Clinton voluntarily dedicate themselves to causes like AIDS prevention etc? After all, after decades of tireless work, all they would want to do is to retire peacefully, put their feet up and spend time with family. But, their personality and the attention they command is too valuable to be wasted lounging around in the living room. Sachin's case wil also be VERY much like that. He may personally want to retire silently and do some commentary every now and then, but his personality will never allow that to happen. There will be dozens of organizations who will be waiting to swoop on him, starting from UN world food prog, to AIDS awareness to climate change activists. Simply put, the brand that is Sachin is too precious to be wasted doing something as trivial as cricket commentary. :D
hehe ok my friend im still not that convinced with your theory..i mean i agree with the celebrity thing and all but i just cant see Sachin going that way..he will be involved in charity but my thinking is it will be low profile anyway time will have the answer so lets speculate abt this later and start talking abt his impending 40th century in the next match :D
and pray who among the non cricketing nations would even recognize sachin tendulkar..cricket is very limited and sachin definitely does not have global appeal
Ten years from now, what kind of work will each of the Fab 4/5 will be doing? Tendulkar - Own and run a racing team; expert cricket commentator Dravid - Doing his PhD in sports psychology; expert cricket commentator Ganguly - Chairman of Board of selectors - trying to select himself for ODI team. Kumble - CEO of an cricket coaching academy with franchises all over India. CEO of a sports software company (BossBhai will be the CTO for the 2nd one). VVSLaxman - Not so sure; don't know enough about the guy.
sachin will make a very poor commentator, ganguly on the other hand is very articulate and will make a good commentator