So what's the solution?

I know people will be up in arms after the defeat but, let me ask one question. Deep down, after what happened in the asia cup final but even if you forget that, deep down, do you really think Raina, Yuvraj, Sharma, and Uthappa would have done better? Do you really think that Yuvraj should be handed the captaincy? Or Sehwag or Gambhir? Harbhajan? Would you really axe Tendulkar Dravid Laxman and Ganguly in favour of the new guns for the australia series? I mean deep down do you actually believe that we would have been better with them? For all of India's recent ODI success, the Australia series had a lot to thank to Tendulkar for the series victory. The asia cup had India win against Hong Kong (in that match Raina was hailed as hte future) a depleted Pakistan and a SL that didn't have either Muralitharan or Mendis. As soon as Mendis came on...welll... So sure they failed us but...would you really believe in the others to fix it?

Ganguly is a goner anyway. I would replace him with Rohit Sharma who I think is better than Yuvraj for tests. If I had my way, I would get rid of SRT as well but he may announce his retirement soon because of so many injuries. Plus no one can drop SRT. So replace Ganguly with Sharma and SRT with Badrinath. Also, Kumble may want to think about his position as well. unfortunately, there is no suitable replacement for him against Aus - so he remains in the team.

There is no quick fix solution !! India MUST start blooding people like Sharma and Raina in Test Cricket !! Inevitably, team performances will drop as the new guys learn their trade similar to the Aussies in the late 80's ! However it is imperative that new reflexes and eyesight be brought into the test team pronto, and the old hands be said to "Thank you and time to watch the game from the pavilion !" I would give the Former Fab Four 50% of the tests v Australia, then bring in new blood for the latter half of that series. It's the only way !!