Irfan Pathan: His bowling action and other thoughts

Fontaine

A bit of late swing there in the dismissal. To be honest though' date=' I think that perhaps a problem that Pathan has is that he is not relaxed in the action. Two of the greatest swing bowlers of the past, Waqar and Wasim, were both relaxed in the bowling action but Pathan is very robotic and tense. This could affect how well the wrist imparts swing on the ball.[/quote'] Maybe, maybe. I do think Pathan is still learning to live with his new action. He had years to get used to the old one and I think it's going to be a similar case here. He's what 23 now? I think it's going to take him another 3/4 years to really come to grips with using all of his talent and potential and most importantly learn to live with his new bowling action. I have a similar observation to yours. I did notice that his new delivery action is a little more hurried. In the past he would almost float in the air and wait till the last minute to wind up and deliver the ball, now it seems he's pushing it a bit quicker (his arms) and that can tend to negate the swing. What I do know is that we can still consistently see hints of the old Pathan in his outswinger (to the right handers) and there's ofcourse the inswinger that swings in late to a full pitched delivery suckering in the batsmen to play it, and the occasional bouncer that does jump up surprisingly. I think it's a matter of time ( a few short years) before we start seeing him really come into his own.
Maybe, maybe. I do think Pathan is still learning to live with his new action. He had years to get used to the old one and I think it's going to be a similar case here. He's what 23 now? I think it's going to take him another 3/4 years to really come to grips with using all of his talent and potential and most importantly learn to live with his new bowling action. I have a similar observation to yours. I did notice that his new delivery action is a little more hurried. In the past he would almost float in the air and wait till the last minute to wind up and deliver the ball, now it seems he's pushing it a bit quicker (his arms) and that can tend to negate the swing. What I do know is that we can still consistently see hints of the old Pathan in his outswinger (to the right handers) and there's ofcourse the inswinger that swings in late to a full pitched delivery suckering in the batsmen to play it, and the occasional bouncer that does jump up surprisingly. I think it's a matter of time ( a few short years) before we start seeing him really come into his own.
:yay::yay::icflove::two_thumbs_up: