'I was convinced I was dying' - Trescothick

I have treated patients with depression and anxiety & trust me a lot of them were a 1000 times more intelligent and determined than most posters here- its not their fault, its a chemical imbalance & I don't wish it on anyone. Medications are a must in chemical imbalance situation besides other factors such as comfort zone of being at a place you are familiar with and with people you can trust. Coming back to this incident, when he was silent stories floated that ranged from him screwing other women to his wife getting screwed by others ( in the middle were stories like he was suffering from embarrasing stomach problems so he went back). Now that he actually said something, he is being accused of being greedy and trying to make money. Go figure!
are you a psychiatrist/psychologist ?
desi_downunder....which medication r u taking right now?? did u really went thru 15 different drugs??:(( how long have u been taken the drugs? Did u ever tried lexapro?
nopes I havent tried that. I am taking fluvoxmine 50mg. I might have tried 8-10 different medicines easily maybe even 15 :nervous:.. I have been on medication for around 4 years now ... in my case its more genetic but I also lost someone very close to me 4 years ago and that probably triggered it.:sad_smile:
sorry to hear abt your loss desi_downunder....wat were ur symptoms when your anxiety problem first started??Have u ever tried going therapy and did it worked for u??How r u feeling right now?:((
Im 100% fine now and in fact I had problem during the 1st year only. Anti-depressants take weeks to work. Once the medication clicks then the mood is normal but u may have a bad day every now and then . In my case its more genetic so therapy wont do much , al though I have spent hrs and $ talking to my psychiatrist. The symptoms for depression * if u feel sad continuously for more than a week * have suicidal thoughts Anxiety * Difficulty in sleeping * Sweating , it can happen even while u r asleep * panic attacks The above are just few symptoms for more info check this out http://www.beyondblue.org.au/index.aspx?