Virat Kohli, our future batting stalwart and the future Indian Captain

Cricketics

^ For the WC, we would need more bowling options on the flatbeds, we need to play 6 Batsmen and Harbhajan SRT Sehwag Gauti Yuvraj MSD (floater) Raina Bhajji Ashwin PK Zaheer :--D
thats 10 players my friend.............we are not such a good team that we'll win the World Cup with 10 players in the team:giggle:
^ For the WC, we would need more bowling options on the flatbeds, we need to play 6 Batsmen and Harbhajan SRT Sehwag Gauti Yuvraj MSD (floater) Raina Bhajji Ashwin PK Zaheer :--D
Yuvi in as a bowling allrounder? :--D 2 pacers/2 spinners (Ashwin Bhajji)/2 parttimers(Raina/Yuvi) sounds decent enough IMO. In that case we can fit in Kohli too, it's really hard to drop given the way he performs. Either that or him instead of UV.
Yuvi in as a bowling allrounder? :--D 2 pacers/2 spinners (Ashwin Bhajji)/2 parttimers(Raina/Yuvi) sounds decent enough IMO. In that case we can fit in Kohli too, it's really hard to drop given the way he performs. Either that or him instead of UV.
Agree with you and bowl Ashwin in PP and even in slog overs and you missed Viru as a part timer and plus Kohli can also ball his wroing footed part time stuff as well if he is in the team :--D
Yuvraj is an all round player, quite literally these days, but it would be asking of too much from him too bowl 6-7 frugal overs every single time, could be shared around with Raina and Sehwag, but the 5th bowlers will and always continue to be our achilles heel, unless ofcourse we back our batting and go in with 5 bowlers. Surely a top 6 of SRT, Viru, Gauti, Yuvi, Raina, MSD should be good enough on flatish tracks against some not to great bowlers around the world these days, keeping in mind Ashwin, Bhajji, PK and Zak can all chip in.
Yuvraj is an all round player' date=' quite literally these days, but it would be asking of too much from him too bowl 6-7 frugal overs every single time, could be shared around with Raina and Sehwag, but the 5th bowlers will and always continue to be our achilles heel, unless ofcourse we back our batting and go in with 5 bowlers. Surely a top 6 of SRT, Viru, Gauti, Yuvi, Raina, MSD should be good enough on [i']flatish tracks against some not to great bowlers around the world these days, keeping in mind Ashwin, Bhajji, PK and Zak can all chip in.
but Kohli deserves a place in the side
Yuvraj is an all round player' date=' quite literally these days, but it would be asking of too much from him too bowl 6-7 frugal overs every single time, could be shared around with Raina and Sehwag, but the 5th bowlers will and always continue to be our achilles heel, unless ofcourse we back our batting and go in with 5 bowlers. Surely a top 6 of SRT, Viru, Gauti, Yuvi, Raina, MSD should be good enough on [i']flatish tracks against some not to great bowlers around the world these days, keeping in mind Ashwin, Bhajji, PK and Zak can all chip in.
I think Yuvraj, Raina, Sehwag and Sachin (if need be) can pretty much do the job of the 5th bowler. Kohli deserves a place in the side.
:--D Yep, but then except for the fact that he can be a good part timer (which we won't be needing if we're playing 5 bowlers), what has he done in the recent past to select him ahead of Kohli? And I don't think our pace attack is good enough to play 3 of them together. Double edged sword, IMO.