Review system here to stay: Srinath

Feed

More... Review system here to stay: Srinath Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:39:19 PM Chennai: Former India fast bowler Javagal Srinath, now match referee with the ICC, is impressed with the review system that was used during the recent Test series between India and Sri Lanka. Speaking to the Times of India on the sidelines of the fast bowlers camp at the MRF Pace Foundation, Srinath said, “I don’t have any doubt that the review system will go a long way in the evolution of the game.” The 38-year old thinks the use of technology by means of the review system will help eliminate the obvious mistakes made by umpires. He said, “The most important thing is to eliminate the obvious errors from the game. And I think this review system will help us in doing so.” He also adds that by having technology and the review system in place, the game would appear to be more balanced, rather than being lopsided in favour of the batsmen. He said, “The game has been loaded in favour of the batsmen for such a long tie and now the review system will at least help bring a balance to the state of affairs.” He also urged that judgements shouldn’t be passed and decisions shouldn’t be made on the review system just yet, because he thought it hadn’t been given a fair run. He also said that the cricket boards, together with the players and the ICC, would fine-tune any grey areas in the review system. “If there are any grey areas, let the ICC bosses and the boards thrash it out and make the finetunings. But I believe the system is here to say,” he signed off.